Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Post by Towie »

Clayton wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:30 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:58 am

Sorry to cast doom and gloom around the place but this has all the makings of one of those "good old West Ham will help us out days".
Always felt as if I was the one on here with maybe a couple of others who were the pessimists , the ones who didn't let sentiment rule their head . Yet after our start to the season against the top teams in the league and the way the team have performed you would really think the fans would be behind them in droves , yet the confidence on here is abysmal .
I can understand we have had some of the squad playing a few internationals of late , and us mortals would be knackered but these are seasoned professional players made fitter by our illustrious leader .
Ok we also have a couple of injuries , but fans even on here keep telling me our squad is good enough so why can those that are injured or tired not be replaced .
Could even change the system to fit those that come in if they are not capable of playing the current system being used , surely the manager is up to bringing in a different system to enable a different setup for the players selected .
Sheffield Utd and their manager surprised a few last season , but this season have not been getting the results no denying they have played a few of the top teams , but they got a draw at home to Fulham , lost at home to Leeds ( who are all over the place ) , and are bottom of the league , so their confidence must be shot .
We on the other hand should be full of confidence , even if in my eyes Moyes doesn't exactly do anything on the pitch to make it better , wrong subs and left to late in the game to drive the result home . Yet no one would have thought we would be where we are now and how well the team have done , so lets get behind them .
Not sure why you equate people recognising a history of fuck ups to not getting behind the team?

I have predicted a 1-0 loss, doesn’t mean I don’t want us to win. Will be over the moon to be wrong but Sheff Utd will win eventually law of averages tell you that, an international break alleviates some of the pressure on their players. They are not as bad as their position says and will be hard to break down, just like Fulham were.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:20 pm

Always felt as if I was the one on here with maybe a couple of others who were the pessimists , the ones who didn't let sentiment rule their head . Yet after our start to the season against the top teams in the league and the way the team have performed you would really think the fans would be behind them in droves , yet the confidence on here is abysmal .
I can understand we have had some of the squad playing a few internationals of late , and us mortals would be knackered but these are seasoned professional players made fitter by our illustrious leader .
Ok we also have a couple of injuries , but fans even on here keep telling me our squad is good enough so why can those that are injured or tired not be replaced .
Could even change the system to fit those that come in if they are not capable of playing the current system being used , surely the manager is up to bringing in a different system to enable a different setup for the players selected .
Sheffield Utd and their manager surprised a few last season , but this season have not been getting the results no denying they have played a few of the top teams , but they got a draw at home to Fulham , lost at home to Leeds ( who are all over the place ) , and are bottom of the league , so their confidence must be shot .
We on the other hand should be full of confidence , even if in my eyes Moyes doesn't exactly do anything on the pitch to make it better , wrong subs and left to late in the game to drive the result home . Yet no one would have thought we would be where we are now and how well the team have done , so lets get behind them .
Not sure why you equate people recognising a history of fuck ups to not getting behind the team?

I have predicted a 1-0 loss, doesn’t mean I don’t want us to win. Will be over the moon to be wrong but Sheff Utd will win eventually law of averages tell you that, an international break alleviates some of the pressure on their players. They are not as bad as their position says and will be hard to break down, just like Fulham were.
Precisely. We all want a win. That goes without saying. But many of us have been following this club for enough years to know that blindly and optimistically thinking we will get one more often than not ends in disappointment. And as for tomorrow's game I doubt if anyone expects a classic. And if, as I expect, it will end up as a scrappy 1-0 to someone, rather like last season, I know which club I would expect to come out on top in a game like that. Doesn't mean I don't hope differently of course.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:46 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:20 pm

Precisely. We all want a win. That goes without saying. But many of us have been following this club for enough years to know that blindly and optimistically thinking we will get one more often than not ends in disappointment. And as for tomorrow's game I doubt if anyone expects a classic. And if, as I expect, it will end up as a scrappy 1-0 to someone, rather like last season, I know which club I would expect to come out on top in a game like that. Doesn't mean I don't hope differently of course.
Sheffield Utd are there for the taking , we should be full of confidence , their confidence must be shot , Moyes needs to go for the throat ( though not sure he is capable , like when we were 3-0 up against Wolves on the 66 min and put on Noble/Haller on the 88 minute - against Leicester we were 2-0 up at half time 3-0 on the 83 minute and brought on Noble/Haller on the 88 minute ) . I do not want to see us go to Sheffield with the same tactics , sitting back letting them have all the possession and trying to hit them on the break , yes we need to be ruthless , if not we will lose it , and lose it embarrassingly .

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:56 pm

Sheffield Utd are there for the taking , we should be full of confidence , their confidence must be shot , Moyes needs to go for the throat ( though not sure he is capable , like when we were 3-0 up against Wolves on the 66 min and put on Noble/Haller on the 88 minute - against Leicester we were 2-0 up at half time 3-0 on the 83 minute and brought on Noble/Haller on the 88 minute ) . I do not want to see us go to Sheffield with the same tactics , sitting back letting them have all the possession and trying to hit them on the break , yes we need to be ruthless , if not we will lose it , and lose it embarrassingly .
So you dont want to see him rest our attacking players on the 88th minute when we are 3-0 up ?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:58 am

Sorry to cast doom and gloom around the place but this has all the makings of one of those "good old West Ham will help us out days".

This has been central to my dislike of Moyes from the word go .
He displayed it , or maybe I should say didn’t display it , in his first stint here and so far in this stint he hasn’t disappointed.

This 🦖’s not for turning so I don’t know why we keep hoping he will adapt to the differing opposition appropriately, because he won’t. Ever.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

You may well be right. Sheffield United are a poor side and on paper we should be more than capable of getting the 3 points. However we have become a very decent counter attacking side and performed credidably at Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester and, apart from the first 20 minutes Spurs. We also gave a good account of ourselves against Manchester City. But those are clubs where we might possibly not espect to get anything from. And when we come up against teams we sometimes disparagingly call "relegation fodder" or make glib comments like "we should be beating the likes of (insert name here)" we often struggle. We were garbage against Newcastle and not a lot better against Fulham. The only game where we've played well against a team which likes to sit back and hit the opposition on the break was against Wolves.

Hopefully your confidence will prove to be justified. As you say we certainly should go into the game with the intention of going for the win. But Sheffield United won't press high, they won't commit large numbers of players forward and they will sit back and try to pick us off on the break. And that's the sort of opposition we struggle against. In an ideal world we'll score an early goal.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

I have a bad feeling about today's game.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

For those not prepared to suffers Sky’s waffle

https://m.livesoccertv.com/match/375692 ... am-united/
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

And it’s whinge Pigeon molesters like this that get on my tits
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/fo ... z-19294419

Come on West Ham stuff these Cunts
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:10 pm

So you dont want to see him rest our attacking players on the 88th minute when we are 3-0 up ?
We have so many wingers at the club , Moyes could have subbed Bowen with one of them rather then Noble , and changed the system to accommodate Haller rather then seeing his experiment fail once again using him as a lone striker , with no support due to our lack of pace/creativity in the middle 😲.