Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hildreth_1101 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:12 pm I second Ibby, Moyes has done well getting the best out of our squad, new signings like Bowen and Soucek have helped immensely, a very hands-on manager who has a squad that at a core, believe in him and the coaching team and he has thus far done an excellent job so far.

But...time will always tell, seasons turn quickly, other teams adapt and get smarter, football is a short term game.

In regards to the match, Blades winless in 12, we've played very well lately and are in good form. Traditionally this is a fixture we will lose or scrape a blunt, scrappy, messy draw.

If we win then we really have turned the corner :lol:
Totally agreed, as next season will be a different matter and Moyes will have to work out what is the best solution and to stop other teams taking over us, especially the lesser team like Crystal Palace, Burnley, etc.

I hope Moyes will get players that up to £20M at most, anything above that like Anderson and Haller would be disaster. Even £5M could be a snip like Coufal. Moyes has his scouting staff more better than the Bilic/Pellegrini who brought players that got us even in worst situation. Sullivan who brought Payet and Lanzini were only 5% of his successful transfer buy.

I would rather not to get Tardowski from Burnley as he would be 29 and no point paying over £35M for that as I would rather spend up to £15/20M max to get a good player to fill in the void. Also Moyes getting a young midfielder from Denmark that could be cover for Rice/Soucek.

Moyes only disaster signing was Hugill a £9M from Preston but it is 50% his fault as the scouting staff were from Bilic regime and Moyes only for a few months with us at that time but now at least he got a better scouting staff than we ever had for many years.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ibbyham wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:20 pm As per Moyes conference, Antonio still have 2 days of training to do before he will make decision if he will come to Sheff Utd, hopefully at bench. Moyes always tried to keep secret of players if they are ready or not.

Since Moyes returned as Manager here, he has transformed Antonio to become a regular goal-scorer that West Ham has missed for so many years as Moyes has a very good mentality and recognition of players' ability of their strongest and weakness. Full credit to Moyes for his excellent contribution of transforming players to superstar.

Before Moyes fcame in November 2017, Declan Rice was a central defender and Antonio was RWB which wasn't strong point of those 2 but Rice was doing ok in central defence under Bilic.....The problem with Bilic, he is very weak on spotting player's contributions, same as Pellegrini as both manager only interested in big money players to solve out problems but this is not the case.

Moyes came and at training, he spotted weak area in defensive midfielder and he notice Rice has good passing ability as well as defensive ability and he put Rice in Defensive Midfielder and Rice felt more confortable, in protecting the back 4 and going forward. Moyes also know Antonio is not suitable as RB/RWB and put him up front winger and that was more comfortable.

Since the restart in June, Moyes has Haller injured and Moyes knows that Antonio is very quick on feet and open up defences so he employed him as striker as he did with Arnautovic. Since then Antonio felt more comfortable and banging goals. As Antonio was injured, Haller came and need games times to show his worth but seemed dis-interest. Hope Benrahma will be West Ham front man than Haller as Benrahma is similar to Antonio.

Moyes has now made our squad players more fitter, less injuries and seemed a lot better now. Hope to keep that going. Moyes brought in better coaches, fitness coaches and that seemed paid off, even at 3-0 down at tottenham, West Ham fought back to 3-3 and that was excellent showing that West Ham still have energy.

Hope it will be a good game this Sunday and hope our performance stay on top level, no matter what teams we play as there is no room for complacency and this season good chance to reach top 8 or 6 as big teams has lots of problems due to their too many games so that helped us a bit.
You’re off your fucking head you Cunt
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:28 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:20 pm As per Moyes conference, Antonio still have 2 days of training to do before he will make decision if he will come to Sheff Utd, hopefully at bench. Moyes always tried to keep secret of players if they are ready or not.

Since Moyes returned as Manager here, he has transformed Antonio to become a regular goal-scorer that West Ham has missed for so many years as Moyes has a very good mentality and recognition of players' ability of their strongest and weakness. Full credit to Moyes for his excellent contribution of transforming players to superstar.

Before Moyes fcame in November 2017, Declan Rice was a central defender and Antonio was RWB which wasn't strong point of those 2 but Rice was doing ok in central defence under Bilic.....The problem with Bilic, he is very weak on spotting player's contributions, same as Pellegrini as both manager only interested in big money players to solve out problems but this is not the case.

Moyes came and at training, he spotted weak area in defensive midfielder and he notice Rice has good passing ability as well as defensive ability and he put Rice in Defensive Midfielder and Rice felt more confortable, in protecting the back 4 and going forward. Moyes also know Antonio is not suitable as RB/RWB and put him up front winger and that was more comfortable.

Since the restart in June, Moyes has Haller injured and Moyes knows that Antonio is very quick on feet and open up defences so he employed him as striker as he did with Arnautovic. Since then Antonio felt more comfortable and banging goals. As Antonio was injured, Haller came and need games times to show his worth but seemed dis-interest. Hope Benrahma will be West Ham front man than Haller as Benrahma is similar to Antonio.

Moyes has now made our squad players more fitter, less injuries and seemed a lot better now. Hope to keep that going. Moyes brought in better coaches, fitness coaches and that seemed paid off, even at 3-0 down at tottenham, West Ham fought back to 3-3 and that was excellent showing that West Ham still have energy.

Hope it will be a good game this Sunday and hope our performance stay on top level, no matter what teams we play as there is no room for complacency and this season good chance to reach top 8 or 6 as big teams has lots of problems due to their too many games so that helped us a bit.
Leave poor Ibbs alone..I like to read his side of things..He reminds of the Commissioner in Stop The Pigeon ;)

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:28 pm

cheers cunt :lol: :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

The blunts may be bottom with only a single point, but five of their defeats have been by a single goal; their problem is that they're not scoring goals and they have had nearly as tough a fixture list as us! They've managed only 4 goals in 8 games. Last season they were hardly prolific they only managed 39 goals all season, but those goals netted them 54 points.

My concern is that our most important players have either had a lot of important international games (Rice, Souchek, Coufal, Balbuena) on top of playing virtually every game; or are injured (Antonio, Oggy and Arthur). I hope we can get a 1-0 or 2-1 win, but expect a low scoring draw.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:16 am The blunts may be bottom with only a single point, but five of their defeats have been by a single goal; their problem is that they're not scoring goals and they have had nearly as tough a fixture list as us! They've managed only 4 goals in 8 games. Last season they were hardly prolific they only managed 39 goals all season, but those goals netted them 54 points.

My concern is that our most important players have either had a lot of important international games (Rice, Souchek, Coufal, Balbuena) on top of playing virtually every game; or are injured (Antonio, Oggy and Arthur). I hope we can get a 1-0 or 2-1 win, but expect a low scoring draw.
Sorry to cast doom and gloom around the place but this has all the makings of one of those "good old West Ham will help us out days".
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:58 am
dorsetdano wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:16 am The blunts may be bottom with only a single point, but five of their defeats have been by a single goal; their problem is that they're not scoring goals and they have had nearly as tough a fixture list as us! They've managed only 4 goals in 8 games. Last season they were hardly prolific they only managed 39 goals all season, but those goals netted them 54 points.

Sorry to cast doom and gloom around the place but this has all the makings of one of those "good old West Ham will help us out days".
Always felt as if I was the one on here with maybe a couple of others who were the pessimists , the ones who didn't let sentiment rule their head . Yet after our start to the season against the top teams in the league and the way the team have performed you would really think the fans would be behind them in droves , yet the confidence on here is abysmal .
I can understand we have had some of the squad playing a few internationals of late , and us mortals would be knackered but these are seasoned professional players made fitter by our illustrious leader .
Ok we also have a couple of injuries , but fans even on here keep telling me our squad is good enough so why can those that are injured or tired not be replaced .
Could even change the system to fit those that come in if they are not capable of playing the current system being used , surely the manager is up to bringing in a different system to enable a different setup for the players selected .
Sheffield Utd and their manager surprised a few last season , but this season have not been getting the results no denying they have played a few of the top teams , but they got a draw at home to Fulham , lost at home to Leeds ( who are all over the place ) , and are bottom of the league , so their confidence must be shot .
We on the other hand should be full of confidence , even if in my eyes Moyes doesn't exactly do anything on the pitch to make it better , wrong subs and left to late in the game to drive the result home . Yet no one would have thought we would be where we are now and how well the team have done , so lets get behind them .
Last edited by Clayton on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Think we're slight Favs for this one...bookies think so ...first time ever I think.... :lol:

Should be able to cover any Knocks/Tiredness.....Dec and Soucek fit as fuck so no worries there,got Ben J to cover
Arhur if needed,happy with that, think he could WB it...Oggy would be the biggest miss,have to wait and see...

Would go with Haller again...Mickey will be on bench,but be good if we didn't need to bring him on....
Spect Ben will be benching it again...pretty much him or Fornals at moment,starting anyway,hope he gets a half.30 minutes..
slowly work him in...still not 100% with Fornals yet..think Ben might bring a bit more.
Like Fornals..but waiting for the complete player to come out..needs to slow down a bit...does tend to rush,in front
of goal especially..

Straight win for me today...6/4ish..would have liked more ...and have us win over 2 goals in the game at 3/1,thats not
bad...
Have a fun bet on Goalscorers ,but see what team is first....

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:30 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:58 am

Always felt as if I was the one on here with maybe a couple of others who were the pessimists , the ones who didn't let sentiment rule their head . Yet after our start to the season against the top teams in the league and the way the team have performed you would really think the fans would be behind them in droves , yet the confidence on here is abysmal .
I can understand we have had some of the squad playing a few internationals of late , and us mortals would be knackered but these are seasoned professional players made fitter by our illustrious leader .
Ok we also have a couple of injuries , but fans even on here keep telling me our squad is good enough so why can those that are injured or tired not be replaced .
Could even change the system to fit those that come in if they are not capable of playing the current system being used , surely the manager is up to bringing in a different system to enable a different setup for the players selected .
Sheffield Utd and their manager surprised a few last season , but this season have not been getting the results no denying they have played a few of the top teams , but they got a draw at home to Fulham , lost at home to Leeds ( who are all over the place ) , and are bottom of the league , so their confidence must be shot .
We on the other hand should be full of confidence , even if in my eyes Moyes doesn't exactly do anything on the pitch to make it better , wrong subs and left to late in the game to drive the result home . Yet no one would have thought we would be where we are now and how well the team have done , so lets get behind them .
Don’t confuse getting behind the team with a recognition that things can, and historically all to often have,gone tits up.

We will all be delighted if our result on Sunday goes the way the form book says it should. But how many times in the past have we been let down?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The way to look at the match is to ask yourself which teams could Sheffield United beat. If the answer is none then we need only be complacent about the draw.

And let's remind ourselves that they can't score goals but can concede easily; and we don't concede many (positive GD) and can score plenty.

Conclusion: solid 0-3 away win.