What do we need in January & summer 21?

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: What do we need in January & summer 21?

Post by mkhammer »

Clayton wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:14 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:43 am

Yeah saw that..
Couple reasons if true......Dec is off....or he's happy to come here with a 10mill 2 year contract and be a bench sitter...
Dec aint going nowhere and "hopefully" we're well past being a retirement home...

2/3 years ago would have bitten yer hand off for him....but either way he comes now will be seriously pissed off..

But more crap click bait I think...
Bloody hell I would hope our ceiling would be higher then a 33 year old injury prone has-been if Dec was off .
So would I mate...so would I....but we have history...
Anyway hopefully a non starter...Dec wont go in Jan..

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Lets hope that the owners can give Moyes what he requires to build his team , like the financial backing they gave Pellegrini , but highly unlikely in the current climate .
In my eyes , I am thinking we need - Goal keeper to start - a RWB to start - a LWB to start - a CF to start - backup CDM ( and starter if Dec's is off )- backup W/CF .
Be able to sell the likes of Reid - Fredericks - Randolph - Anderson - Snodgrass - Yarmalenko and Haller ( 😢) as he will never do well under Moyes ( unless Moyes changes his philosophy ).

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

A keeper, LWB and striker are the stand out positions that need addressing. Depending who we can farm out in January then a ball playing, non broken or glacially slow CM wouldn't hurt either - Not Sami fucking Khedira though.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:27 pm A keeper, LWB and striker are the stand out positions that need addressing. Depending who we can farm out in January then a ball playing, non broken or glacially slow CM wouldn't hurt either - Not Sami fucking Khedira though.
Can't disagree with your assessment of where we need to strengthen but who amongst the current squad would, in the present financial climate, bring in decent money in order to finance the purchases needed to fill those places ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

More and more obvious IMO we need a solid LB so we can play 4 at the back so Benrahma can play without having to worry about defending.