Haller

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Haller

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:19 am I've always believed that with the exception of being born abroad to parents of whatever nationality, both of whom were there for work purposes...cricketers Colin Cowdrey and Ted Dexter for example, you play for the country of your birth.

So John Barnes would have played for Jamaica, Nasser Hussian for India and Mo Farrah, let's be honest, didn't acquire high altitude running stamina in the Peak District did he.

That would solve the Rice / Grealish argument. Andy Townsend didn't play for Ireland for any other reason other than that he wasn't good enough to play for England irrespective of his ancestry.

When I moved in here I saw that the built-in cooker was an AEG.

I'm still waiting for Jogi Low's phone call.
Wasn't too long ago the majority of the "England" cricket team weren't actually English by birth.

I have drunk the occasional pint of Guinness and partaken of the odd glass of Bushmills. Does that qualify me for Irish citizenship ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:01 am
palerider wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:19 am I've always believed that with the exception of being born abroad to parents of whatever nationality, both of whom were there for work purposes...cricketers Colin Cowdrey and Ted Dexter for example, you play for the country of your birth.

So John Barnes would have played for Jamaica, Nasser Hussian for India and Mo Farrah, let's be honest, didn't acquire high altitude running stamina in the Peak District did he.

That would solve the Rice / Grealish argument. Andy Townsend didn't play for Ireland for any other reason other than that he wasn't good enough to play for England irrespective of his ancestry.

When I moved in here I saw that the built-in cooker was an AEG.

I'm still waiting for Jogi Low's phone call.
Wasn't too long ago the majority of the "England" cricket team weren't actually English by birth.

I have drunk the occasional pint of Guinness and partaken of the odd glass of Bushmills. Does that qualify me for Irish citizenship ?
If the Guinness was drunk in a Kilburn Pub...yes mate.... :lol:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Think to get the best outta Haller is to play him in a front 3...Alongside Antonio,and Bowen at the moment...means going
back to a 4 at the back tho...in a 4-3-3..or even a 3-4-3...be a bit daring for us tho.... :lol:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:32 am Think to get the best outta Haller is to play him in a front 3...Alongside Antonio,and Bowen at the moment...means going
back to a 4 at the back tho...in a 4-3-3..or even a 3-4-3...be a bit daring for us tho.... :lol:
Not sure why we would have to revert to a back four to play a front three MK , at Haller's last club Frankfurt they played a back three , with three up when on the attack reverting to five in midfield in defence , and it worked for them . Not sure why Moyes hasn't tried it with Antonio , Haller and Bowen , when he had the chance .
Though now I think I would love to see Antonio , Haller and Benrahma .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Hope he doesn’t come back with fucking jet lag.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Clayton wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:52 am
mkhammer wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:32 am Think to get the best outta Haller is to play him in a front 3...Alongside Antonio,and Bowen at the moment...means going
Not sure why we would have to revert to a back four to play a front three MK , at Haller's last club Frankfurt they played a back three , with three up when on the attack reverting to five in midfield in defence , and it worked for them . Not sure why Moyes hasn't tried it with Antonio , Haller and Bowen , when he had the chance .
Though now I think I would love to see Antonio , Haller and Benrahma .
I think sometimes the Numbers thing in how you set up can be misleading....between like you say defence and attack,
it's how you transition from one to the other.....a 4 becomes a 3...one of your Mfers sits in between CBs and your FBs
become WBs.....Hate keep banging on about them But Red Scouse play a 4..you wouldn't think it watching them..
Henderson or Fabhino...drop real deep keeping a 3 till the attack is established,either a breakaway or a prolonged
thing.
Thats where you need your versatility...think we have that now with Soucek,who strikes me could get away at CB/FB..
just cover it not play there...Dec certainly can..got decent WBs..(like to see the youngsters on bench,get some game time
in that department)so it's doable.
Also the front 3 isn't a CF and two widers.....the FBs are your wingers...the front 3 move in closer to each other,
so your attacking with 5....plus by now you have your 2 other Mfers pushing right up..
Waching us play...think Moyes knows all that shit...but as it is with us..everything is very tentative...hopefully
in a few more weeks/games we'll open up a bit more.....Ben is a sign he has he's eye on that...........Maybe... :lol:
Think work rate and understanding/covering is more important than staying in a certain area of the pitch.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Speaking of statues ,old man Golds got the green light for a new Bob Geoff and Martin one at the iconic stadium

JayK

Post by JayK »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:30 pm Speaking of statues ,old man Golds got the green light for a new Bob Geoff and Martin one at the iconic stadium
Good 👍🏽
COYI!!!

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Parry Hotter wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:06 am You said that Laura was the only one not born here but then you say Mo was born in Somalia. And Bradley Wiggins was born in Belgium wasnt he ?
Yes, apologies. But both Mo and Bradley are British by birth due to having one British parent. Laura was born in Germany to German parents.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:50 pm Hope he doesn’t come back with fucking jet lag.
How would you know the difference?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............