The divers and cheaters

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: The divers and cheaters

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:55 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:33 am Divers and cheaters have always been a big hatred of mine in the game and the appropriate action should be made ( actually think they are ignored far to often by refs ) , but I also despise those players who insist on waving the invisible card at refs , they should all be dealt with in the same manner as those who commit a foul .
I agree.I hate the cheats in the game.I think with TV evidence,they should be able to dig the cheats out.
So what do you propose Terry ? Banning everyone who commits an intentional foul to gain an advantage. Taking one for the team ? Is diving any worse than that ?

Players dive when there's contact because they know bloody well the referees won't give free kicks or penalties if they don't go to ground. If the referees did their jobs properly instead of bottling out of making some of the key decisions I feel sure we'd see a big reduction in offences of "simulation".
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Lanzini I believe has been the only player banned for diving which says fucking everything for me.

Diving cunts not even a fucking booking now.
Play acting after a supposed headbutt another fucking hatred of mine ,embarrassing cunts.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

Automatic 3 game retroactive bans for all divers, regardless of the outcome on the pitch.

If Spurs will be without Kane for 3 games, Liverpool without Salah etc, it will stop pretty quickly.

Lanzini got nailed for it and no one before or since.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Clayton wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:27 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:12 pm

What I'm saying Clay,it depends whats on it....you do that fumble playing for England against the all Blacks in a world
cup final....I guarantee,you don't go ...hey ref I messed that up,you need to disallow it...

I 'll use West Ham...think used this before somewhere....last game of season,we need a draw to stay up..1-0 down
91st minute...you're running into the box,going nowhere,balls running out...CH comes sliding in....do you
A .. jump out of the way,avoiding Contact,which you could easily do or
B...slow down,hold your ground let him hit you...

B is Subtle but conning nonetheless...

Plus... A...............your life would be F.in misery from team mates ..fans etc... :lol:
We would have beat the All Blacks without cheating mate 😀, if not we just aren't good enough , that's that , and I can honestly say hand on heart I would tell the ref , that's just me . As far as team mates go they would know how I would act and as for the fans go they would have to live with it , the poor things .
Fair Dues,Nothing wrong with that at all Clayton......Cant argue with that mate....unfortunately it's just not an honest world..

Went to the Aus v England world cup final 91....lost 12-6........we were about to score...Campese blocks the final pass
of a move stops us going over with a deliberate Knock on....Totally forgotten about now..history books say
1991 winners Australia.....he doesn't cheat it, Says England Winners...
Lots gave him MOTM as well...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:17 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:55 am

I agree.I hate the cheats in the game.I think with TV evidence,they should be able to dig the cheats out.
So what do you propose Terry ? Banning everyone who commits an intentional foul to gain an advantage. Taking one for the team ? Is diving any worse than that ?

Players dive when there's contact because they know bloody well the referees won't give free kicks or penalties if they don't go to ground. If the referees did their jobs properly instead of bottling out of making some of the key decisions I feel sure we'd see a big reduction in offences of "simulation".
Don`t be so facetious Whiskyman.

Maybe if they had an independent panel,instead of their own Referee cartel,it may stop it.That is the problem with VAR..They are in it,to look after each other and not for the good of the game.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:51 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Don`t be so facetious Whiskyman.

Maybe if they had an independent panel,instead of their own Referee cartel,it may stop it.That is the problem with VAR..They are in it,to look after each other and not for the good of the game.
Facetious ? Me ? : ;)

Seriously though is diving, or simulation, or whatever else you want to call it, worse than a deliberate "professional foul" as it seems we have decided to call the sneaky trip, the shirt grab, or the deliberate body check to stop a breakaway ?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Perspective really isnt it?! Taking one for the team isnt exactly trying to fool the referee to get something they dont deserve, And the punishment is clear on those offences. So is the punishment for diving, but the latter is often over looked the former so obvious that it doesnt even need VAR.

I wonder how many of those players praise VAR when a decision goes for them but curse it when it goes against. VAR in my opinion has become a dragged out version of the on field officials balls ups. DO AWAY WITH IT. Or limit its use.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:52 am Perspective really isnt it?! Taking one for the team isnt exactly trying to fool the referee to get something they dont deserve, And the punishment is clear on those offences. So is the punishment for diving, but the latter is often over looked the former so obvious that it doesnt even need VAR.

I wonder how many of those players praise VAR when a decision goes for them but curse it when it goes against. VAR in my opinion has become a dragged out version of the on field officials balls ups. DO AWAY WITH IT. Or limit its use.
So what you're saying Joe is that it's OK to cheat. providing you do it openly so everyone can see it ? ;)

I do agree that VAR has become a complete fiasco though. The original idea of it rectifying "clear and obvious" errors, like for example Liverpool's offside goal against us last season, was a good one but, as usual, the jobsworths have taken over and now every decision has to be scrutinised. Logically the next step will be disallowing a goal for example scored from a corner, or throw in, where the decision should have been a goal kick or a throw in the other way.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:44 am
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:52 am Perspective really isnt it?! Taking one for the team isnt exactly trying to fool the referee to get something they dont deserve, And the punishment is clear on those offences. So is the punishment for diving, but the latter is often over looked the former so obvious that it doesnt even need VAR.

So what you're saying Joe is that it's OK to cheat. providing you do it openly so everyone can see it ? ;)

I do agree that VAR has become a complete fiasco though. The original idea of it rectifying "clear and obvious" errors, like for example Liverpool's offside goal against us last season, was a good one but, as usual, the jobsworths have taken over and now every decision has to be scrutinised. Logically the next step will be disallowing a goal for example scored from a corner, or throw in, where the decision should have been a goal kick or a throw in the other way.
no i am not saying that at all, but there`s cheating and theres cheating. Ì said its ones personal perspective. At least one of them is honest about it. You can say the first has always been part of the game, the second has become part of our game, Neither is necessarily ok, but the second is seen as more abhorrent than the first mainly because often they gain more. I can accept the take it for the team, but not the other.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:49 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:44 am

no i am not saying that at all, but there`s cheating and theres cheating. Ì said its ones personal perspective. At least one of them is honest about it. You can say the first has always been part of the game, the second has become part of our game, Neither is necessarily ok, but the second is seen as more abhorrent than the first mainly because often they gain more. I can accept the take it for the team, but not the other.
Imo that's double standards. Cheating is cheating and technically any deliberate foul is cheating. But as you say it all depends on your perspective I suppose,

I still maintain that if referees did their jobs better it would reduce what many players see as the need to go to ground. From West Ham perspective I always remember Matt Jarvis (that's how long ago it was) being tripped in the box at Arsenal. He stayed on his feet and got nothing for it. The pundits praised him for staying on his feet.

Personally I thought he was a silly cunt. But that said the referee was the real villain of the piece. I remember Arsene Wenger even saying it should have been a penalty.