The divers and cheaters

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: The divers and cheaters

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:56 pm Haven't seen it, but by all accounts pretty similar to the Salah one last week.

89: PENALTY APPEAL..NOT GIVEN! Bamford tricks his way into the box and is wrapped on his heels by McCarthy. Nothing doing from the referee. Not Leeds' day.
Firstly. I don't care about Leeds at all.

But.....It wasn't their day.

They equalised. Bamford pointed to where he wanted the pass. But in doing so, after 3 minutes deliberation, the lines drawn indicated that in doing that act, the top of his sleeve (which is now deemed a part of the body you can score with), was offside.

Fucking ludicrous.

As someone tweeted. Don't shout for the ball in case your tongue may be offside.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

palerider wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:25 pm
Castiron wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:56 pm Haven't seen it, but by all accounts pretty similar to the Salah one last week.

89: PENALTY APPEAL..NOT GIVEN! Bamford tricks his way into the box and is wrapped on his heels by McCarthy. Nothing doing from the referee. Not Leeds' day.
Firstly. I don't care about Leeds at all.

But.....It wasn't their day.

They equalised. Bamford pointed to where he wanted the pass. But in doing so, after 3 minutes deliberation, the lines drawn indicated that in doing that act, the top of his sleeve (which is now deemed a part of the body you can score with), was offside.

Fucking ludicrous.

As someone tweeted. Don't shout for the ball in case your tongue may be offside.
Just seen the penalty appeal, looked nailed on to me?.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Kane is a fucking embarrassment. How many times a game does he fall over.
Sorry, I take that back he's clever.....and a cunt.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Good to see a penalty being overturned after a cheating cunt got found out.

The Villa player that went down like he'd been shot in injury time should get a ban.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Divers and cheaters have always been a big hatred of mine in the game and the appropriate action should be made ( actually think they are ignored far to often by refs ) , but I also despise those players who insist on waving the invisible card at refs , they should all be dealt with in the same manner as those who commit a foul .

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Clayton wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:33 am Divers and cheaters have always been a big hatred of mine in the game and the appropriate action should be made ( actually think they are ignored far to often by refs ) , but I also despise those players who insist on waving the invisible card at refs , they should all be dealt with in the same manner as those who commit a foul .
I agree.I hate the cheats in the game.I think with TV evidence,they should be able to dig the cheats out.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Thing is with Diving/Cheating/Conning....there's a point at which we would all do it...prob all have if you've played footie,
or any other sport come to that.
But at top level,at what point do you do it...remember Terri Henrys' Handball against Ireland few years back...would I have
done it...Absolutely...your talking about your Country qualifying for the World Cup or not..it's in your hands..literally... :lol:
So all day long yes..
But in a run of the mill league game ..No....Thing is,it's part of the game now,it's more or less coached into kids...the
little lean in..the foot drag...stands out a mile,it's embarrassing,but they do it nonetheless.
Could nick a couple games a season by Conning....6 points that huge.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:33 pm Thing is with Diving/Cheating/Conning....there's a point at which we would all do it...prob all have if you've played footie,
But at top level,at what point do you do it...remember Terri Henrys' Handball against Ireland few years back...would I have
done it...Absolutely...your talking about your Country qualifying for the World Cup or not..it's in your hands..literally... :lol:
So all day long yes..
But in a run of the mill league game ..No....Thing is,it's part of the game now,it's more or less coached into kids...the
little lean in..the foot drag...stands out a mile,it's embarrassing,but they do it nonetheless.
No would never do it , and never did and yes I have played a lot of sports and some at quite a high level , I guess it all depends on your own values , why should playing for your country make a difference to playing for your club , really do not understand your reasoning Mk .
As a example I remember scoring a hattrick of tries in a match , but had fumbled the ball knocking it forward slighting for one of the tries , none of the officials had seen it , but I owned up to it straight away .
Cheating is cheating no matter what in my eyes .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Clayton wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:48 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:33 pm Thing is with Diving/Cheating/Conning....there's a point at which we would all do it...prob all have if you've played footie,
So all day long yes..
No would never do it , and never did and yes I have played a lot of sports and some at quite a high level , I guess it all depends on your own values , why should playing for your country make a difference to playing for your club , really do not understand your reasoning Mk .
As a example I remember scoring a hattrick of tries in a match , but had fumbled the ball knocking it forward slighting for one of the tries , none of the officials had seen it , but I owned up to it straight away .

What I'm saying Clay,it depends whats on it....you do that fumble playing for England against the all Blacks in a world
cup final....I guarantee,you don't go ...hey ref I messed that up,you need to disallow it...

I 'll use West Ham...think used this before somewhere....last game of season,we need a draw to stay up..1-0 down
91st minute...you're running into the box,going nowhere,balls running out...CH comes sliding in....do you
A .. jump out of the way,avoiding Contact,which you could easily do or
B...slow down,hold your ground let him hit you...

B is Subtle but conning nonetheless...

Plus... A...............your life would be F.in misery from team mates ..fans etc... :lol:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:12 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:48 pm

What I'm saying Clay,it depends whats on it....you do that fumble playing for England against the all Blacks in a world
cup final....I guarantee,you don't go ...hey ref I messed that up,you need to disallow it...

I 'll use West Ham...think used this before somewhere....last game of season,we need a draw to stay up..1-0 down
91st minute...you're running into the box,going nowhere,balls running out...CH comes sliding in....do you
A .. jump out of the way,avoiding Contact,which you could easily do or
B...slow down,hold your ground let him hit you...

B is Subtle but conning nonetheless...

Plus... A...............your life would be F.in misery from team mates ..fans etc... :lol:
We would have beat the All Blacks without cheating mate 😀, if not we just aren't good enough , that's that , and I can honestly say hand on heart I would tell the ref , that's just me . As far as team mates go they would know how I would act and as for the fans go they would have to live with it , the poor things .