The divers and cheaters

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: The divers and cheaters

Post by mkhammer »

Think it breaks down..sometimes just sometimes.."Cheating " is understandable and maybe a little beat justified.

But only in extreme cases when there's something vitally important on it...but in normal run of the mill stuff, Footie and
elsewhere it should not be tolerated.

It's accepting and knowing where the line is...between the two,thats the hard part.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

In the game against City, Kane, at one point, literally dived backwards into the defender, fell to the floor and started screaming at the ref for a foul.
If that ref had any bollocks or any knowledge of the game, he would have booked the cunt.
I'm sick of it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:33 am Think it breaks down..sometimes just sometimes.."Cheating " is understandable and maybe a little beat justified.

But only in extreme cases when there's something vitally important on it...but in normal run of the mill stuff, Footie and

It's accepting and knowing where the line is...between the two,thats the hard part.
A lot of the so called "cheating", like Suarez's hand ball in the world cup when he pushed a goalbound shot away and was sent off, and Henry's handball against Ireland are instinctive actions, carried out on the spur of the moment imo. In the same circumstances we'd probably all do the same. If we were Uruguayan we'd probably want a statue built in honour of Suarez but if we were Ghanain we'd want him strung up and banned for a season.

I remember one world cup match when England played Argentina. There were two of the most diabolical penalties awarded, one to each team. Can't remember the Argentinian involved but Michael Owen conned the English one. Did the press condemn him ? Of course they didn't. Iy's only cheating if the other lot do it I suppose. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:28 pm
mkhammer wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:33 am Think it breaks down..sometimes just sometimes.."Cheating " is understandable and maybe a little beat justified.

A lot of the so called "cheating", like Suarez's hand ball in the world cup when he pushed a goalbound shot away and was sent off, and Henry's handball against Ireland are instinctive actions, carried out on the spur of the moment imo. In the same circumstances we'd probably all do the same. If we were Uruguayan we'd probably want a statue built in honour of Suarez but if we were Ghanain we'd want him strung up and banned for a season.

I remember one world cup match when England played Argentina. There were two of the most diabolical penalties awarded, one to each team. Can't remember the Argentinian involved but Michael Owen conned the English one. Did the press condemn him ? Of course they didn't. Iy's only cheating if the other lot do it I suppose. ;)
Yes mate...............2 sides play each other,one side is prepared to we'll say bend the rules...the other plays within them...
I know which side wins...it's crap,but just the way it is..not just footie,some kind of cheating has happened in any sport I
know..Athletics to Chess.....is that a sport.... :lol:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Castiron wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:47 am In the game against City, Kane, at one point, literally dived backwards into the defender, fell to the floor and started screaming at the ref for a foul.
If that ref had any bollocks or any knowledge of the game, he would have booked the cunt.
I'm sick of it.
Remember watching Steven Gerrard...Euro game I think...Scouse are lining up a free kick bout 35/40 yards out...right scouse
mid field...pushing and shoving edge of box...Gerard makes a huge deal out of it,waving shouting pointing at a defender...
Ref stops the free kick has a word.......goes back blows his whistle for the kick....this time they're well inside the box,some how
everythings gone back a yard...goes down like a hand grenade has gone off....Penalty....Cheating or not,fuckin clever,manipulating
like that..

One of my favourite players ever...but a crafty fuck....still have him here tho as gaffer..

palerider

Post by palerider »

Solution.

If a player's been fouled and VAR proves it then give the pen. But if said player accentuates the foul by writhing around 'A la Salah' then they should be shown a yellow. That'll learn 'em.

For a second offence, hanging's a decent option.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:37 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:28 pm

Yes mate...............2 sides play each other,one side is prepared to we'll say bend the rules...the other plays within them...
I know which side wins...it's crap,but just the way it is..not just footie,some kind of cheating has happened in any sport I
I kid you not, this is absolutely true. There is a tennis and bowls club not too far from where I live and about 4 or 5 years ago the police were called to break up a brawl which started between two teams of old boys playing bowls. Apparently there was a dispute which got out of hand and walking sticks and zimmer frames were waved. I'm buggered if I know how there can be a dispute over bowls but I suppose when there's 80 year old testosterone and local bragging rights involved anything goes. :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm Solution.

If a player's been fouled and VAR proves it then give the pen. But if said player accentuates the foul by writhing around 'A la Salah' then they should be shown a yellow. That'll learn 'em.

Take out the hanging reference and I thought what you suggested in your first paragraph is what should happen. But I'm not sure, given the calibre of refereeing in the Premier League, VAR is capable of proving anything. Other than the appalling calibre of refereeing of course.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:18 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm Solution.

Take out the hanging reference and I thought what you suggested in your first paragraph is what should happen. But I'm not sure, given the calibre of refereeing in the Premier League, VAR is capable of proving anything. Other than the appalling calibre of refereeing of course.
Oh all right. Killjoy.

Hanging only for Liverpool players then.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:15 pm
mkhammer wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:37 pm

I kid you not, this is absolutely true. There is a tennis and bowls club not too far from where I live and about 4 or 5 years ago the police were called to break up a brawl which started between two teams of old boys playing bowls. Apparently there was a dispute which got out of hand and walking sticks and zimmer frames were waved. I'm buggered if I know how there can be a dispute over bowls but I suppose when there's 80 year old testosterone and local bragging rights involved anything goes. :lol:
:lol:

80 years old and still posing for the ladies....love it....

Side note...I love playing bowls...not played it for ages tho.
Mind you is a pisser when you've set everything up all nice and some 75 year old chucks one down thinking he's fucking
Freddie Truman Bodylining.... :lol: