West Ham vs Fulham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Fulham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our unlucky 2-1 loss against those cheating scouser which I am very disappointed with Salah for his theatrical act to get a penalty and his stupid look on his face has written over it. Now moving on to Fulham, I do hope our wheels will not come off like Aston Villa did as they lost 3 in a bounce so we need to keep our level on top at all time and not to let our head dropped. Fulham and Sheff Utd will be upped their tempo to get points from us so we need to be more upped than them. Need to keep eye on Mitrovic & Co. I would rather have Benrahma at the starting line up than the ineffective Haller which I hope he will be long gone soon.

Squad:

Fabianski

Balbuena
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Coufal
Masuaku
Rice
Soucek

Fornals
Bowen
Benrahma (leading the front line)

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Clayton

Re: West Ham vs Fulham Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

Think Bowen has to be the one playing the Antonio role if Moyes insists on playing the one up top , with Benrahma in on the wing for Bowen .
Bowen has at least played as a striker Ibby and actually scored at Hull , Benrahma is a wing and that's where I would like to see him .

But for me , we have a £45m striker in the squad and Moyes needs to find the system and tactics that suit him , after all he did it with Antonio , Masuaku and Cressweell , why not for Haller , Johnson , Lanzini and Benrahma .

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Good one Ibbs.

I'm going into this game feeling optimistic - never a good sign. :?

JayK

Post by JayK »

If Haller gets another chance as I expect, we gotta be hitting them on the flanks and getting more and better crosses into him than we did against Liverpool. Otherwise, we gotta change it up top
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:53 pm If Haller gets another chance as I expect, we gotta be hitting them on the flanks and getting more and better crosses into him than we did against Liverpool. Otherwise, we gotta change it up top
If Haller gets a start Jay, I only ask that he at least looks like he gives a shit.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:57 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:53 pm If Haller gets another chance as I expect, we gotta be hitting them on the flanks and getting more and better crosses into him than we did against Liverpool. Otherwise, we gotta change it up top
If Haller gets a start Jay, I only ask that he at least looks like he gives a shit.
Chance would be a fine thing wouldn’t it Oz mate. The counter attacking won’t see much of that I wouldn’t have thought
COYI!!!

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

the next 3 games are more important than the first 7 in my opinion. Games that we can get something out of but in the past have failed to do. Doing as well as we have done in the last 6 games will be for nowt if we dont show the same commitment and team work rate. We have become a very good counter attacking team but feel against the mid table teams we need to show more than that. So get it out on the flanks (dont just keep lumping it to hallers bonce and hope for a lucky knock down). Get it wide, get some crosses in and give him a chance to do what we know he can do.

If we play containment footy (which has worked against the better teams, only conceding 3 and scoring 2 against city/ l-pool) we will struggle, looking for Moyes to find an answer to the Haller conundrum. As someone mentioned he has turned antonio into a striker and got fornals playing well in an unfamiliar position, now sort out haller.

We look pretty solid at the back.

Expect a win .....which is not good news, as my predictions to date have been garbage. :)

JayK

Post by JayK »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:06 pm the next 3 games are more important than the first 7 in my opinion. Games that we can get something out of but in the past have failed to do. Doing as well as we have done in the last 6 games will be for nowt if we dont show the same commitment and team work rate. We have become a very good counter attacking team but feel against the mid table teams we need to show more than that. So get it out on the flanks (dont just keep lumping it to hallers bonce and hope for a lucky knock down). Get it wide, get some crosses in and give him a chance to do what we know he can do.

If we play containment footy (which has worked against the better teams, only conceding 3 and scoring 2 against city/ l-pool) we will struggle, looking for Moyes to find an answer to the Haller conundrum. As someone mentioned he has turned antonio into a striker and got fornals playing well in an unfamiliar position, now sort out haller.

We look pretty solid at the back.

Expect a win .....which is not good news, as my predictions to date have been garbage. :)
goodpost:)
COYI!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:00 am Think Bowen has to be the one playing the Antonio role if Moyes insists on playing the one up top , with Benrahma in on the wing for Bowen .
Bowen has at least played as a striker Ibby and actually scored at Hull , Benrahma is a wing and that's where I would like to see him .

But for me , we have a £45m striker in the squad and Moyes needs to find the system and tactics that suit him , after all he did it with Antonio , Masuaku and Cressweell , why not for Haller , Johnson , Lanzini and Benrahma .
Totally agreed mate as if Bowen takes Antonio role, Yarmolenko on the right flank, Benrahma on left flank of the front 3 with Soucek, Rice and Fornals in midfielder would make more sense as I lost patience with Haller sulking and the way he acted when he was subbed shows.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:20 am Good one Ibbs.

I'm going into this game feeling optimistic - never a good sign. :?
If Haller not playing, we have a great chance of winning BUT if Haller starts, will be a 1-0 loss.