Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by Castiron »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:17 pm
Castiron wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:02 pm
My get Moyes out comment was tongue in cheek, ie "Stay the fuck at home as we were winning".
Moyes wouldn't have been my first choice as manager, but do you know what, he's fucking earnt some respect, because of the performances that we've put in.
How many times I've sat and watched us roll over time and time again. 'We've got no bottle', ''Fucking cunts, hang your heads'. Get my drift?
Whether that lasts remains to be seen, but all the while we are putting a bit of pride back in the club, with no help from the cunts above, I will support Moyes and trust him to make the right decisions.
It's laughable, if you or any one else thinks that he picked Antonio when he wasn't fit.
If Antonio has declared himself fit and the physios have declared him fit, then he has to play him.
Haller had plenty of chances last season to make an impact, he didn't fucking take them.
Antonio took his chance, and we would have gone down without him and we would be bottom of the league now, of that I have no doubt.
Mind you, you'd still have something to moan about and have a dig if we were top I guess.
I've got no problem with anyone expressing their opinion however forcibly, it can make for some good banter. The reality is the warning signs were there against Spurs when Antonio apparently was taken off because he felt a twinge and not because of any master tactical change that some hastily thought was the case. As for Haller, no I doubt think he has been given much of a chance certainly none this year (although he was only on the pitch for 5 mins against a very good Wolves defence and scored ) and last year he was second top scorer I believe with very poor service. As for Antonio, who I've always liked btw, it wasn't because of him we stayed up as he played most of the season. It was a case of who didn't play against Chelsea that turned our fortunes around and made sure we didn't go down again. And for the record I've only moaned about the real problem we have had over the last few years and am not a buck passer like some. I notice plenty are aware and moan about exactly the same thing now. When you made that comment we were losing so you can hardly try and pass it off as "tongue in cheek". I'm not that gullible. ;)
Mate I've been used to seeing us lose quite alot for nearly 50 years, so I can assure you it was tongue in cheek on my part.
As for your Antonio not keeping us up comment, I think you need to watch the run in again, just to check who scored the goals for us to win the important games that got us the points to stay up.
I seem to remember Antonio was very influential in the Chelsea game also, indeed setting up the winner for Yarmalenko.
As I've said, Haller has had a lot of chances to stake a claim in the starting eleven, he hasn't taken them, so far. I'm not the only one to say this, he doesn't do enough for the team, Antonio does everything for the team.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

BCHammer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:41 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:40 am Even if so, I think he should be on the bench for this one.
Moyes just playing with fire and will run him into the ground if he persists in starting him every game.

Moyes has to work on a plan B to get more from Haller.
Totally agree. Even if he seems to be OK this time, its just a matter of time.

Moyes is really growing on me, but for me, one of the things he needs to do for him to get a new contract is he needs to be a "manager" and get something out of Haller like he did with Antonio himself and Arnie. He is not crap, he is our only striker and he cost 45m (who at the time I think he was worth every penny), we are still trying to pay for him and he is not going anywhere at the moment.
He's obviously not shit, but maybe he needs to have a look at his own performances before we start blaming the manager again.
Was Anderson shit because of the manager?.
He's getting slated in Porto and he's only been there a couple of weeks.
These are grown men we are talking about ffs.
Grow a pair of bollocks and start earning your FUCKING WAGES.

He’s got to do more’
“You can see right away West Ham miss Antonio up there,” Hoddle said on BT Sport.

“Haller has got to do more, he really does.

“He’s got to hurt himself for the team a bit.”

Hoddle is spot on.

Whatever your opinion of the way Haller has been handled since signing for West Ham, Hoddle has hit the nail on the head.

Too often the £45million striker looks lethargic and reactive to the play.

He must learn to use his powerful frame to his advantage more if he wants to be a success in England.

And as for doing the hard yards. If Harry Kane is selfless enough to run channels, close full-backs, drop deep and do the ugly side of the game then why is it too much to expect Haller to do the same when needed?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Castiron wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:05 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:17 pm

I've got no problem with anyone expressing their opinion however forcibly, it can make for some good banter. The reality is the warning signs were there against Spurs when Antonio apparently was taken off because he felt a twinge and not because of any master tactical change that some hastily thought was the case. As for Haller, no I doubt think he has been given much of a chance certainly none this year (although he was only on the pitch for 5 mins against a very good Wolves defence and scored ) and last year he was second top scorer I believe with very poor service. As for Antonio, who I've always liked btw, it wasn't because of him we stayed up as he played most of the season. It was a case of who didn't play against Chelsea that turned our fortunes around and made sure we didn't go down again. And for the record I've only moaned about the real problem we have had over the last few years and am not a buck passer like some. I notice plenty are aware and moan about exactly the same thing now. When you made that comment we were losing so you can hardly try and pass it off as "tongue in cheek". I'm not that gullible. ;)
Mate I've been used to seeing us lose quite alot for nearly 50 years, so I can assure you it was tongue in cheek on my part.
As for your Antonio not keeping us up comment, I think you need to watch the run in again, just to check who scored the goals for us to win the important games that got us the points to stay up.
I seem to remember Antonio was very influential in the Chelsea game also, indeed setting up the winner for Yarmalenko.
As I've said, Haller has had a lot of chances to stake a claim in the starting eleven, he hasn't taken them, so far. I'm not the only one to say this, he doesn't do enough for the team, Antonio does everything for the team.
Just to put it in perspective after the Chelsea game we played 6 matches ( 5 of them were against poor lower half teams, in fact 3 were against probably the poorest teams recently in the PL) and if you take away the Norwich game where he scored 4 goals Antonio was no more a prolific goalscorer than others as he didn't score more than one goal in any of the other matches. No one expected us to get anything from the Chelsea match and the reason was because of what the majority have known for a long time now. As I said I like Antonio but he's not the be all and end all solution for every game as Mourinho showed when we played Spurs and he hardly had a kick. Apart from his great goal he wasn't that effective against Citeh either. Good managers always work the opposition out and it's a folly to think you can just play one way.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Castiron wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:13 pm

Moyes is really growing on me, but for me, one of the things he needs to do for him to get a new contract is he needs to be a "manager" and get something out of Haller like he did with Antonio himself and Arnie. He is not crap, he is our only striker and he cost 45m (who at the time I think he was worth every penny), we are still trying to pay for him and he is not going anywhere at the moment.
He's obviously not shit, but maybe he needs to have a look at his own performances before we start blaming the manager again.

He’s got to do more’
“You can see right away West Ham miss Antonio up there,” Hoddle said on BT Sport.

Hoddle is spot on.

Whatever your opinion of the way Haller has been handled since signing for West Ham, Hoddle has hit the nail on the head.

He must learn to use his powerful frame to his advantage more if he wants to be a success in England.

And as for doing the hard yards. If Harry Kane is selfless enough to run channels, close full-backs, drop deep and do the ugly side of the game then why is it too much to expect Haller to do the same when needed?
goodpost:)

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:36 pm
Castiron wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:05 pm
Just to put it in perspective after the Chelsea game we played 6 matches ( 5 of them were against poor lower half teams, in fact 3 were against probably the poorest teams recently in the PL) and if you take away the Norwich game where he scored 4 goals Antonio was no more a prolific goalscorer than others as he didn't score more than one goal in any of the other matches. No one expected us to get anything from the Chelsea match and the reason was because of what the majority have known for a long time now. As I said I like Antonio but he's not the be all and end all solution for every game as Mourinho showed when we played Spurs and he hardly had a kick. Apart from his great goal he wasn't that effective against Citeh either. Good managers always work the opposition out and it's a folly to think you can just play one way.
Yep, games that quite a lot of times we end up losing. I firmly believe that Antonio's form and spirit was one of the main reasons we turned things around. His positivity, along with Bowen and Soucek.
What do you perceive as being effective to the team just out of curiousity?.
We've shown against Tottenham that we can play a different way.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Reports coming out, some saying four, some six. Shame.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I was gonna post a screenshot but it won’t let me. I just saw he’s out for a month on a guardian link
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Castiron wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:10 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:36 pm
Yep, games that quite a lot of times we end up losing. I firmly believe that Antonio's form and spirit was one of the main reasons we turned things around. His positivity, along with Bowen and Soucek.
This weeks game will be a test of how far we have come with Moyes , if any.

I make no secret of my low opinion of Moyes . I think he’s a clueless Dinosaur Cunt that got lucky at Tottenham with his substitutions and has generally with the whole Antonio up front thing in the same way he got lucky with Arnautovic.
Albeit both times he was left with no choice after being hung out to dry through Sullivan’s lack of investment in positions where we are weak.

Maybe explains the Moyes Josh King interest and credit to the manky Scots Cunt if that’s the case but it didn’t happen so he has to use the tools at his disposal.

Which means Haller .

I can foresee two different scenarios this weekend .
The first , the Moyes safety first /respect the narrow defeat /protect the GD scenario where he picks Haller to play as an additional defender like he did last game when we was under the City Cosh ( Haller made a few good defensive contributions ) Andy Carroll style.

The second is Moyes plays Noble for Antonio and goes down the false 9 route.
And that’s probably what Shortshanks is afraid of :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Castiron wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:13 pm

He’s got to do more’

Hoddle is spot on.

Really good post mate. Sums up my thoughts to a tee.

Hoddle’s got it bang on as well.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:25 am
Castiron wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:10 pm
This weeks game will be a test of how far we have come with Moyes , if any.

I make no secret of my low opinion of Moyes . I think he’s a clueless Dinosaur Cunt that got lucky at Tottenham with his substitutions and has generally with the whole Antonio up front thing in the same way he got lucky with Arnautovic.
Albeit both times he was left with no choice after being hung out to dry through Sullivan’s lack of investment in positions where we are weak.

Maybe explains the Moyes Josh King interest and credit to the manky Scots Cunt if that’s the case but it didn’t happen so he has to use the tools at his disposal.

Which means Haller .

I can foresee two different scenarios this weekend .
The first , the Moyes safety first /respect the narrow defeat /protect the GD scenario where he picks Haller to play as an additional defender like he did last game when we was under the City Cosh ( Haller made a few good defensive contributions ) Andy Carroll style.

The second is Moyes plays Noble for Antonio and goes down the false 9 route.
And that’s probably what Shortshanks is afraid of :lol:
:lol: Yeah, but at least he had the bottle to play him up front. He could have played him at right back I suppose.