Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by JayK »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:12 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 am There may be trouble ahead 🙈
Nothing on West Ham various websites that says Antonio out for 6 weeks.

C&H only saying a good idea to rest Antonio against Liverpool knowing we will never win up there and may use Haller or Yarmolenko up front.
Sorry Ibbs. Can't even remember where I saw it now
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:57 pm And just for the record seeing as some have brought up Pellegrini, and I'm not a fan because in my eyes anyone who plays that fucking tortoise in our midfield I have reservations about, his record is vastly superior to Moyes even at West Ham.

That is true. He won titles in Madrid and Manchester and took unfashionable Spanish sides to the CL semi fibnal (Villarreal) and the quarters (Malaga)..
Is it a coincidence the only club he is perceived to have been a "failure" at is West Ham ? And even there in his first season we finished in our highest position, apart from the Payet season, for many years.

That said Moyes is doing a decent job with a fairly limited squad at the moment so I am quite prepared to accept he is the best we're likely to get, or deserve, and get behind the bloke.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:10 am
Shortshanks wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:57 pm And just for the record seeing as some have brought up Pellegrini, and I'm not a fan because in my eyes anyone who plays that fucking tortoise in our midfield I have reservations about, his record is vastly superior to Moyes even at West Ham.

That is true. He won titles in Madrid and Manchester and took unfashionable Spanish sides to the CL semi fibnal (Villarreal) and the quarters (Malaga)..
Is it a coincidence the only club he is perceived to have been a "failure" at is West Ham ? And even there in his first season we finished in our highest position, apart from the Payet season, for many years.

That said Moyes is doing a decent job with a fairly limited squad at the moment so I am quite prepared to accept he is the best we're likely to get, or deserve, and get behind the bloke.
We are doing ok,despite the owners.That is down to Moyes and the backroom staff and nobody else.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:15 pm
And all very well and good saying let's bring in a top class striker. Top class strikers don't join clubs like West Ham. We will have to either bring in a once decent striker now past his sell by or take a punt on someone like Bowen. A Championship player who the coaches feel has the ability to make the step up.
I think we did do that with Haller, at the time his stats were phenomenal and Gonzo was raging about him long before we signed him. He was as close to world class as a club like us are going to get.

He is not crap and Moyes has to make him work. Antonio is going to get injured again this season and everyone involved has to get Haller firing.

We are playing closer to how he did at Frankfurt. Benrahma could be the answer but a) it seems too soon for his match fitness this weekend and b) dropping Fornals/Lanzini will leave us a bit week in the AM role, but against Fulham etc it might not be a problem..

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BCHammer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:06 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:15 pm
And all very well and good saying let's bring in a top class striker. Top class strikers don't join clubs like West Ham. We will have to either bring in a once decent striker now past his sell by or take a punt on someone like Bowen. A Championship player who the coaches feel has the ability to make the step up.
I think we did do that with Haller, at the time his stats were phenomenal and Gonzo was raging about him long before we signed him. He was as close to world class as a club like us are going to get.

He is not crap and Moyes has to make him work. Antonio is going to get injured again this season and everyone involved has to get Haller firing.

We are playing closer to how he did at Frankfurt. Benrahma could be the answer but a) it seems too soon for his match fitness this weekend and b) dropping Fornals/Lanzini will leave us a bit week in the AM role, but against Fulham etc it might not be a problem..
He certainly isn't crap. We've all been guilty of using words like that for someone who has performed badly in a match or , like Haller, just hasn't fitted into our system. The failure to fit into the system and perform badly would surely affect a player who may then appear , by his body language, to be pissed off, further alienating some fans.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

I like Haller - touch of class.

Lacks mobility and pace though. Similar to Giroud.

Needs to have a player around him like Bowen but would mean a change of formation and to play off him not to him like we do Antonio

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I haven`t actually seen anything about Antonio being out?Just rumours.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:01 am I haven`t actually seen anything about Antonio being out?Just rumours.
Results back today apparently.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Rumours on Twitter,he will available Saturday.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »