Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:04 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:13 pm

I don’t believe transfer rumours either. This story was more believable and it’s still showing it’s ugly face. So I’m still not regretting starting the thread
There was a mention of it on Talk Sport this morning. Said he was out for 4 weeks.

As for the rumour/fact it would be nice to know the original source as the story as clearly there is a leak from within the club.
Does the leek from the club originate from Cardiff

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

We will miss Antonio, always liked the guy and have been very pleased to see him doing so well up front (many of us would not have seen that coming). I don't think it is simply that we don't play the right system for Haller which is the reason for his lack of form, I think his attitude is all wrong. The premier league is a different animal to Bundesliga and he will have to adapt if he is to succeed here. Moyes will not tolerate the kind of lethargy he has demonstrated so often in claret and blue. Assuming Antonio is out for 6 weeks Haller will get his chance but it he may not get another if he does not deliver. When I saw Van Dijk injured, I thought Antonio could have a field day bullying these lads, I just hope Haller can prove me wrong and play a blinder, surely against Fulham he can bag a couple.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

It's literally our defence against theirs. They've got 3 of the best attacking options in the league, and probably the best 2 goal scorers.
Can we keep them out, and can we take advantage of their defensive problems.
It's all to play for.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

After that showing I have to concede there is little defense for Haller. yes, he was isolated as we expected him to be, but he is just too timid when he does have the opportunity to do something. He is a big geezer, intimate the newby ffs.

That being said, we wouldn't have conceded the 2nd with Haller on still. But that is clutching at straws, 6 weeks without Antonio is scary to contemplate.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BCHammer wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:11 pm After that showing I have to concede there is little defense for Haller. yes, he was isolated as we expected him to be, but he is just too timid when he does have the opportunity to do something. He is a big geezer, intimate the newby ffs.

That being said, we wouldn't have conceded the 2nd with Haller on still. But that is clutching at straws, 6 weeks without Antonio is scary to contemplate.
Not sure its that scary , surely Moyes can find someone to play the Antonio role , or at least change the system/tactics in some way , after all we do have the makings of a decent starting 10 just not sure who gets to play up front , maybe we don't need a striker , after all Antonio isn't one. Maybe put someone with pace up there at least Bowen played a few games for Hull there ( definitely faster then Haller ) and scored if memory serves me right .
Benrahma can play on either wing so no problem there .
Now is the chance for Moyes to convince me he is good enough to have the job next season , because he hasn't yet , though I really hope he can for our sake .

Towie

Post by Towie »

Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:27 pm
BCHammer wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:11 pm After that showing I have to concede there is little defense for Haller. yes, he was isolated as we expected him to be, but he is just too timid when he does have the opportunity to do something. He is a big geezer, intimate the newby ffs.

Not sure its that scary , surely Moyes can find someone to play the Antonio role , or at least change the system/tactics in some way , after all we do have the makings of a decent starting 10 just not sure who gets to play up front , maybe we don't need a striker , after all Antonio isn't one. Maybe put someone with pace up there at least Bowen played a few games for Hull there ( definitely faster then Haller ) and scored if memory serves me right .
Now is the chance for Moyes to convince me he is good enough to have the job next season , because he hasn't yet , though I really hope he can for our sake .
Wouldn’t hold your breath, Moyes doesn’t do plan B.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Towie wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:15 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:27 pm

Wouldn’t hold your breath, Moyes doesn’t do plan B.
He has enough experience to realise he needs a Plan B or C especially as he found our Plan A , or are his poor management decisions with Man Utd - Real Sociedad and Sunderland all down to him being one dimensional .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

His preferred signing was King as back up but the dwarf cunts mate had Benny on his books ,only going to be one outcome .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:36 pm His preferred signing was King as back up but the dwarf cunts mate had Benny on his books ,only going to be one outcome .
If it had to be a Salthouse client why not Wilson or even Che Adams , either would have been better then Haller , really do not see how Benrahma fits into Moyes system ( but Moyes could surprise me ) though I do think he looks a very tricky player .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:54 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:36 pm His preferred signing was King as back up but the dwarf cunts mate had Benny on his books ,only going to be one outcome .
If it had to be a Salthouse client why not Wilson or even Che Adams , either would have been better then Haller , really do not see how Benrahma fits into Moyes system ( but Moyes could surprise me ) though I do think he looks a very tricky player .
Oh well it’s all ifs and buts now.
For my two penneth I would stick Bowen in as a centre forward.