Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11658
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 44
x 272

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:04 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:08 pm


INTERNET RUMOUR IS A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS SHOCKER

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It’ll be true soon enough though, as we’re all expecting. That’s why I believed what I saw
I only ever believe the crap that the wannabe ITKs post about signings when I actually see the bloke holding the scarf in the air at the press release. Tbh for the life of me I don't know what motivates them to do it. Suppose if you do it often enough it'll be true once in a blue moon.

Btw do you know we're talking to Real Madrid about bringing in Jovic on loan in January ? ;)
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 10406
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Huish Episcopi
x 99
x 230

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:12 am
JayK wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:04 pm


It’ll be true soon enough though, as we’re all expecting. That’s why I believed what I saw
I only ever believe the crap that the wannabe ITKs post about signings when I actually see the bloke holding the scarf in the air at the press release. Tbh for the life of me I don't know what motivates them to do it. Suppose if you do it often enough it'll be true once in a blue moon.

Btw do you know we're talking to Real Madrid about bringing in Jovic on loan in January ? ;)
Which January ?
Make me an offer.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11658
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 44
x 272

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:14 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:12 am


I only ever believe the crap that the wannabe ITKs post about signings when I actually see the bloke holding the scarf in the air at the press release. Tbh for the life of me I don't know what motivates them to do it. Suppose if you do it often enough it'll be true once in a blue moon.

Btw do you know we're talking to Real Madrid about bringing in Jovic on loan in January ? ;)
Which January ?
Well he'll be 23 this January so I would guess around 2031. Unless of course our beloved vertically challenged leader has shuffled off the mortal coil by then.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 10406
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Huish Episcopi
x 99
x 230

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:20 am
palerider wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:14 am


Which January ?
Well he'll be 23 this January so I would guess around 2031. Unless of course our beloved vertically challenged leader has shuffled off the mortal coil by then.
Peace be upon him.
Make me an offer.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11658
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 44
x 272

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:23 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:20 am


Well he'll be 23 this January so I would guess around 2031. Unless of course our beloved vertically challenged leader has shuffled off the mortal coil by then.
Peace be upon him.
I wouldn't peace upon him if he self combusted in front of my eyes. ;)
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 7158
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 694
x 151

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:12 am
JayK wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:04 pm


It’ll be true soon enough though, as we’re all expecting. That’s why I believed what I saw
I only ever believe the crap that the wannabe ITKs post about signings when I actually see the bloke holding the scarf in the air at the press release. Tbh for the life of me I don't know what motivates them to do it. Suppose if you do it often enough it'll be true once in a blue moon.

Btw do you know we're talking to Real Madrid about bringing in Jovic on loan in January ? ;)
I don’t believe transfer rumours either. This story was more believable and it’s still showing it’s ugly face. So I’m still not regretting starting the thread
COYI!!!

User avatar
Shortshanks
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:54 pm
x 57
x 58

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by Shortshanks »

Castiron wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:10 pm
Shortshanks wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Just to put it in perspective after the Chelsea game we played 6 matches ( 5 of them were against poor lower half teams, in fact 3 were against probably the poorest teams recently in the PL) and if you take away the Norwich game where he scored 4 goals Antonio was no more a prolific goalscorer than others as he didn't score more than one goal in any of the other matches. No one expected us to get anything from the Chelsea match and the reason was because of what the majority have known for a long time now. As I said I like Antonio but he's not the be all and end all solution for every game as Mourinho showed when we played Spurs and he hardly had a kick. Apart from his great goal he wasn't that effective against Citeh either. Good managers always work the opposition out and it's a folly to think you can just play one way.
Yep, games that quite a lot of times we end up losing. I firmly believe that Antonio's form and spirit was one of the main reasons we turned things around. His positivity, along with Bowen and Soucek.
What do you perceive as being effective to the team just out of curiousity?.
We've shown against Tottenham that we can play a different way.
I didn't think we actually played a different way against Spurs , more a change of personnel. I agree with all you say about Antonio and have always rated him. What do i perceive to be effective? Well to start with a mobile midfield which isn't outpaced , which we have at the moment. I also prefer 2 upfront as most of the successful teams seem to employ that system. I've said before that the squad we have should easily be at least halfway up the table. I would also like to see the squad used instead of just leaving the same eleven on the pitch. We seem to only make changes when the game is slipping away rather than being proactive and trying to win the game. At least at the moment we don't have to fear being embarrassed.

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 4029
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 49
x 348

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

He will have to be replaced with Haller anyway due to diversity quotas.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11658
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 44
x 272

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:13 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:12 am


I only ever believe the crap that the wannabe ITKs post about signings when I actually see the bloke holding the scarf in the air at the press release. Tbh for the life of me I don't know what motivates them to do it. Suppose if you do it often enough it'll be true once in a blue moon.

Btw do you know we're talking to Real Madrid about bringing in Jovic on loan in January ? ;)
I don’t believe transfer rumours either. This story was more believable and it’s still showing it’s ugly face. So I’m still not regretting starting the thread
There was a mention of it on Talk Sport this morning. Said he was out for 4 weeks.

As for the rumour/fact it would be nice to know the original source as the story as clearly there is a leak from within the club.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 7158
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 694
x 151

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:04 pm
JayK wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:13 pm


I don’t believe transfer rumours either. This story was more believable and it’s still showing it’s ugly face. So I’m still not regretting starting the thread
There was a mention of it on Talk Sport this morning. Said he was out for 4 weeks.

As for the rumour/fact it would be nice to know the original source as the story as clearly there is a leak from within the club.
No idea. Moyes and Klopp have spoken of him being out today too
COYI!!!

Post Reply