Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:40 pm 3-1 liverpool. My predictions has been wrong everytime....long may it continue. ;)
Will VAR help us? :roll:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:48 pm I’ll say a close loss, much in the same vein as the Arsenal game.

I don’t expect to have much possession, but as long as we show some spirit and ambition to win, I’ll be happy.

Good work Ibbs.
Plus could VAR to help us? :lol: :lol: Probably not as VAR never in our favour.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

h69 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:57 pm
Dagger wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:44 pm if Antonio is not fit add Benrahma and don't play with a recognised forward

flood the misfiled with ball players and fast players don't think there defence will be happy with that
especially with Pickford's trophy missing
Pickford's Trophy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kickimmuts
Did you notice that's what Spurs did to us, started with Kane in a No 10 role and they put 3 past us before we knew what was happening. Then this week, we defend solidly a Citeh team with Aguero playing the No.9 role for 45 m, then they take him off and put Foden in, who does the same thing and drops in to midfield and scores. In both games once the system is understood we defend it well, it just takes a goal or 3 to get there and now 2 managers have used it against this formation, so chances are we will see it again.
#fuckqatar2022

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

If Antonio plays,we have got a decent chance of getting a good result.

If he don`t,I would doubt it.

Unless Moyes has something up his sleeve?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:41 pm If Antonio plays,we have got a decent chance of getting a good result.

What if Benrahma start if Antonio not fit? Seen the video of him at Brenford with a cracking goal against Derby Co. I would therefore put Bowen up front and either Lanzini or Yarmolenko on the wind but Liverpool will close both of them down easily so why not try Benrahma if he is ready. If not, then Yarmoenko can be a striker with Bowen on right winger as Yarmolenko was a striker at Ukraine and he is able to break down defence.
Last edited by Ibbyham on Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:51 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:41 pm If Antonio plays,we have got a decent chance of getting a good result.

What if Benrahma start if Antonio not fit? Seen the video of him at Brenford with a cracking goal against Derby Co. I would therefore put Bowen up front and either Lanzini or Yarmolenko on the wind but Liverpool will close both of them down easily so why not try Benrahma if he is ready.
We have nobody like Antonio at West Ham.His ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play is an essential part of our game plan..If the ball is played up to him,he always seems to cause chaos and panic in the opposition defence.Just a pity Haller hasn't learnt anything from him.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:02 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:51 pm

What if Benrahma start if Antonio not fit? Seen the video of him at Brenford with a cracking goal against Derby Co. I would therefore put Bowen up front and either Lanzini or Yarmolenko on the wind but Liverpool will close both of them down easily so why not try Benrahma if he is ready.
We have nobody like Antonio at West Ham.His ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play is an essential part of our game plan..If the ball is played up to him,he always seems to cause chaos and panic in the opposition defence.Just a pity Haller hasn't learnt anything from him.
Totally agreed and without Antonio, we wouldn't get any points so far.....he made the difference, including opened up other teams defences and some good goals. Haller is a different type of striker and had West Ham kept Diangana, then Diangana and Haller could be similar like Spurs on Son and Kane partnership. I am fully expected Haller to go next summer, and hope to get someone who are similar type of Di Canio/Antonio style.

Bilic and Pellegrini did not see Antonio ability up front as they used him as a winger/RWB but Moyes SAW his talent up front and kept him up there. We were lucky that Antonio didn't go to Crystal Palace in Summer 2019.

Need Antonio to stay fit as much as we can like Tony Cottee did in 1980s.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:58 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:48 pm I’ll say a close loss, much in the same vein as the Arsenal game.

I don’t expect to have much possession, but as long as we show some spirit and ambition to win, I’ll be happy.

Good work Ibbs.
Plus could VAR to help us? :lol: :lol: Probably not as VAR never in our favour.
Your memory's gone. Leicester wasn't that long ago.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

While we keep on getting decent results I'm going to continue predicting defeats. The formula is working so far. :lol:

Can't really see anything other than a Scouse win tbh. I reckon we will probably put on a decent show but come uout on the wrong end of a 3-1 result,
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:57 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:40 pm 3-1 liverpool. My predictions has been wrong everytime....long may it continue. ;)
Will VAR help us? :roll:
Not up there ibbs.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............