Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dagger

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Dagger »

didn't think I would say this but Fornals brings more to the table than just speed and would have Lanz on the bench

just shows how things change

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:15 am
BCHammer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:17 am I don't think Benrahma will be match fit.

I think it will be an entertaining 2-1 loss, their front three are too good to keep out.

Haller was worth every penny when we bought him, Moyes has to find a way to make him work without losing what we have.

Fab
Balbuena Oggy Cress
Coufal Soucek Rice Arthur
El Fornacador
Bowen Haller
I don't really see why Benrahma isn't fit tbh. There wasn't a long close season this time round and Brentford's season started at the same time as ours . I'm assuming he played for them in their early games. I would expect him to be on the bench tbh. Hopefully he'll be ready and I'm looking forward to him proving my reservations about him to be unfounded.
Or just maybe,his a Sullivan signing,so Moyes won't play him?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:05 am

I don't really see why Benrahma isn't fit tbh. There wasn't a long close season this time round and Brentford's season started at the same time as ours . I'm assuming he played for them in their early games. I would expect him to be on the bench tbh. Hopefully he'll be ready and I'm looking forward to him proving my reservations about him to be unfounded.
Or just maybe,his a Sullivan signing,so Moyes won't play him?
I hope not. I.m concerned this purchase will not prove to be our best piece of business but I would have much more faith in the move if I knew that Moyes and his staff had checked the lad out before parting with the cash. So far Moyes has played the market well with limited funds so hopefully Benrahma will prove me, and his other doubters, wrong.

If it is a dwarf acquisition, driven by his agent buddies, it will be a disaster. Nailed on. Just like Carroll, Wilshere, Hart et al.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BCHammer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:17 am I don't think Benrahma will be match fit.

I think it will be an entertaining 2-1 loss, their front three are too good to keep out.

Haller was worth every penny when we bought him, Moyes has to find a way to make him work without losing what we have.

Fab
Balbuena Oggy Cress
Coufal Soucek Rice Arthur
El Fornacador
Bowen Haller
Benrahma played a total of 39 mins for Brentford as a sub .
Obviously a case of him wanting out at the time so being frozen out by whoever their manager is these days.

Plus whilst match fitness as such is a concern for Moyes , he also wasn’t too keen on throwing young Bowen straight in either was he ?
I’ve voiced my concern about this weeks game on the Antonio thread and I can’t see Benrahma being much help to Moyes there so the bench at best this week I think.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:45 am

Benrahma played a total of 39 mins for Brentford as a sub .
Obviously a case of him wanting out at the time so being frozen out by whoever their manager is these days.

Plus whilst match fitness as such is a concern for Moyes , he also wasn’t too keen on throwing young Bowen straight in either was he ?
I’ve voiced my concern about this weeks game on the Antonio thread and I can’t see Benrahma being much help to Moyes there so the bench at best this week I think.
I bow to your statistical expertise my friend. And I also reckon the bench is his most likely starting location. As for your point about Brentford's manager as I haven't read anywhere about any sackings or resignations anywhere near the elevated section of the M4 I'm guessing it's still Thomas Frank.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

havent scrolled thru all posts, but would guess the general feeling is without antonio we are a bit blunt up front. He would have been ideal to bully a makeshift defence, oh well, Haller it is i guess, not the speed or trickery of antonio but (from what i remember of him!) his hold up play was quite good.

See a backs to the wall (like citeh) performance, but cant see a win, not even sure we get a draw here, not a happy hunting ground.

for me our season starts in earnest next wk with a run of games which if we keep this intensity, could lift us up the table ....or we put in performances like the toon and drift into obscurity.

In all honesty the Fulham game was the one i was looking forward to watchin to see if we could comfortably beat a team that seems destined to relegation ...just not paying £15 for it....we'll probs get turned over anyway..it is the West Ham way. :) .... yes my glass is always 1/2 empty when supporting the hammers.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

One thing about Haller he does win a lot of balls in the air flick ons etc ,just there is no cunt up there with him.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

:x
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:19 pm One thing about Haller he does win a lot of balls in the air flick ons etc ,just there is no cunt up there with him.
Right! We need 2 cunts with pace playing beyond him!
#fuckqatar2022

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Really think we will see the best out of Haller if Moyes gets the selection and formation right , really think now is the time for Moyes to show he is not a one trick pony . Really think pace can get us something out of this match , 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 for me with Lanzini in midfield with Bowen/Benrahma playing as inside forwards . But what do I know , I just want us to win or at least play with a positive attitude unlike last weekend when our second half could have been so much better with some positive subs/tactics , rather then stagnate in our own half .

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Fabs

Balbueba, Ogbonna, Cresswell

Coufal Rice Soucek Arfur

Haller

Bowen, Benrahma
#fuckqatar2022