Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Salah chuckling with the ref as I pointed out yesterday as they walked hand in hand onto the pitch for the second half.
Hmmmm certainly wasn’t the joke about the camel with three humps they were giggling about.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

garnett wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:57 am Morning, just.
There is a reason moyes can`t beat Poo, petrified of them, pays them far too much respect, now I know we have done well of late but we will not see a weaker Poo defence for a long time and as I predicted in the pub Friday night on my soap box, he failed to even try to adapt and pile the pressure on that defence, opting for isolated counter attacks whilst believing our back 9 could keep them out.

The man is a spineless fool who got lucky adapting Antonlo into a striker.
Not sure he is spineless , after all he came back to the premier league to us a couple of times keeping us up after not much to right home about in a good way . As In July 2016 Moyes got the job at Sunderland after Allardyce left to take over as England manager , which didn't go to well either , as Sunderland had their worst start in the Premier league ever , and eventually finished bottom of the table getting relegated . Prior to that saw him get the job at Real Sociedad in Nov 2014 when they were in 15th position he did keep them up finishing 12th , but he was sacked the following season in Nov 2015 due to a poor run seeing them drop to sixteenth position . And before Real Sociedad he had managed a Man United side who suffered their worst ever start to a Premier League season and didn't see out his first year getting sacked .
So I wouldn't call him spineless , more then likely very thick-skinned .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I would say well connected too
I recall old purple nose recommended him for the Man U job.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:31 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:07 am

I agree with the underlying sentiment. But if, and I think it's a big "if", the coaching staff suspect he is disinterested, not putting in a shift or just generally wants out, isn't it their responsibility to either change his attitude or play someone who , whilst maybe less talented, exhibits more of the required characteristics ? Which is why I'm saying it's a big "if". I think what we're seeing is the square peg, round hole situation. And it clearly doesn't work, so why persist with it ? Hugill, ok I know he's no longer an option, may possibly have been less talented than Haller but may have been better in the role required, if you get my drift.

All of which is why I think a good, knowledgeable D of F is needed to work in conjunction with the head coach, manager, or whatever other title you want to give him, and develop a strategy. It's not rocket science FFS.
Funnily enough I said pretty much the same thing about Hugill on a Whatsapp chat last night.

But along with Diangana and Ajeti he was sold on the cheap to pay for Tarkowski.

:lol:
Having watched Tarkowski against Chelsea yesterday (my bet is turning me into a secret Sheddite) we offered about 20 million too much.

And on the subject of said bet I am beginning to actually think the "win" part of it might give me a decent run for my money.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:28 pm I would say well connected too
I recall old purple nose recommended him for the Man U job.
Not really sure how he got the Man Utd job even with Sir Alex's recommendation , he did a ok job at Everton for ten years but didn't actually win anything or even get close to it .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:33 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:31 am
Funnily enough I said pretty much the same thing about Hugill on a Whatsapp chat last night.

But along with Diangana and Ajeti he was sold on the cheap to pay for Tarkowski.

:lol:
Having watched Tarkowski against Chelsea yesterday (my bet is turning me into a secret Sheddite) we offered about 20 million too much.

And on the subject of said bet I am beginning to actually think the "win" part of it might give me a decent run for my money.
Quite ,if true Burnley Might be kicking themselves knocking us back.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:17 pm Their 63rd straight unbeaten home match
Can’t all be down to fucking dodgy penalties and favouritism can it by Jove ?
Nope, but they have won/conned the most penalties in Prem history. Followed by Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea.....see a pattern here?.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Only 3 bruises. Surely he lost a foot aswell?.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... t-west-ham

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Castiron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:53 pm
Flairon wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:51 pm

No one is saying that it is. Does not change the fact that it was a very soft penalty.
And I think it could be argued that Mane was interfering for the second. I'm sure they would have said something if roles were reversed.
Thought that was as bad if not worse than Arthur stabbing and then shooting salad...wasn't even appealed or referred.....
if thats not interfering then I don't know what is.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I had a massive German torpedo this morning and Liverpool were immediately awarded 3 penalties and a bye to the final of the European cup.
Bizarre Jeff.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.