Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Hammertime wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:28 pm Fabs

Balbueba, Ogbonna, Cresswell

Coufal Rice Soucek Arfur

Haller

Bowen, Benrahma
Not a bad selection HT, consider yourself upvoted. I'm thinking that might be a tad too bold for David Moyes but I like it nevertheless. I suspect DM will continue with Fornals. Not a criticism just a guess.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Liverpool's pacw will cause us problems imo. Balbuena and Ogbonna aren't the quckest, Salah and Mane are. Plus we will have pacy players coming at us from both flanks. The plus point is that we should be able tio handle their high crosses into the area, but if they keep it on the floor and come at us with pace we'll struggle. The best form of defence is attack in this game. Liverpool without van Dijk are not too clever in the centre of defence so we should take the fight to them imo.

But we probably won't and I can see this one finishing 3-1. However I thought we'd get absolutely arse reamed there last season but if Fabianski had turned up we would have taken all 3 points that night. We're better now than we were then, Liverpool aren't as good. But we're West Ham. I'm sticking with a 3-1 loss.

And hoping that Fulham and Sheffield United have picked up their first wins of the season before we play them, otherwise you just know what's going to happen.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Sunny Saturday arvo here, called in and had a beer or 2 after work. Had a bet with a scouse fan so we better get at least a point or I've got to find another watering hole after gobbing off about the mighty hammers. COYI!!
Actually drove my truck up agaist the window, hit the horn, pointed to the hammers sticker in the window, done the crossed arms and clenched fists and got the middle finger from some inside. So might need a new watering hole anyway. :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:43 am Sunny Saturday arvo here, called in and had a beer or 2 after work. Had a bet with a scouse fan so we better get at least a point or I've got to find another watering hole after gobbing off about the mighty hammers. COYI!!
Actually drove my truck up agaist the window, hit the horn, pointed to the hammers sticker in the window, done the crossed arms and clenched fists and got the middle finger from some inside. So might need a new watering hole anyway. :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:43 am Sunny Saturday arvo here, called in and had a beer or 2 after work. Had a bet with a scouse fan so we better get at least a point or I've got to find another watering hole after gobbing off about the mighty hammers. COYI!!
:lol: ...Top Man.....gotta give it the CMON YOU IRONS !!!!!....................

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Not that it has anything to do with this match, but The Irons won this evening at Toowoomba, Race 2.

Paid 11/1 8-)

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:48 am Not that it has anything to do with this match, but The Irons won this evening at Toowoomba, Race 2.

Paid 11/1 8-)
Great name of a place 😂
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Hope we just play well really....Best team in Country/Europe...prob the world for me,so don't get so fucked off when and if we
lose to em...
They got some key Bods out tho...bit like us losing Dec And Oggy at the moment,so hoping to nick a draw maybe...
Been confident of us scoring a couple recently..but no Micky changes that a bit.....we get some crosses in tho might
cause them a few probs..with Soucek...Haller if he starts...I would,same team, Him For Mickey...
He might bring Nobes back in for this one tho, not what i really want TBH but an option...would mean a false 9 sorta thing,
So don't know if he's up for that.

So in hoping for a draw got 0-0 at 30s.... :o :lol: ...1--1 at 12s....and a silly Irons win both scoring at 9/1...

Poorish odds for a Scouse game..normally a fair bit higher ....normally we'd be double figures for the win..only about 7s
this time.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:48 am Not that it has anything to do with this match, but The Irons won this evening at Toowoomba, Race 2.

Paid 11/1 8-)
Were you on Oz...

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Walk in there head held high and proud to be a Hammer mate , what could go wrong🤔 .