Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
tassiehammer

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by tassiehammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:41 pm If Antonio plays,we have got a decent chance of getting a good result.

If he don`t,I would doubt it.

Unless Moyes has something up his sleeve?
He does Tel. Same as Tommy Cooper, his arms. Just like that.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

I really wouldn't risk MA if there was ANY doubt at all, he's far too important to the way the team set up.

And besides, it's ready made for Haller to go to Liverpool and blend in nicely by not wanting to work.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Allisons back, we have had a nice run and odds say it is there to be broken. I will be happy again with a draw.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:27 am I really wouldn't risk MA if there was ANY doubt at all, he's far too important to the way the team set up.

And besides, it's ready made for Haller to go to Liverpool and blend in nicely by not wanting to work.
:lol: :lol:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

With what looks like a 6 week lay off for Antonio due to a Hamstring problem ( who would have thought ) Moyes will definitely have to get his thinking cap on . ( Hopefully it will not say put Noble in midfield ) .
So who will he move to play out of position up front , as I cannot see Moyes starting Haller ( unless he starts Benrahma and changes the formation as well ) .
This could make or break Moyes future at the club .

Fabianski
Coufal - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Johnson
Rice- Soucek
Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
Haller

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:20 am With what looks like a 6 week lay off for Antonio due to a Hamstring problem ( who would have thought ) Moyes will definitely have to get his thinking cap on . ( Hopefully it will not say put Noble in midfield ) .
So who will he move to play out of position up front , as I cannot see Moyes starting Haller ( unless he starts Benrahma and changes the formation as well ) .
This could make or break Moyes future at the club .

Fabianski
Coufal - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Johnson
Rice- Soucek
Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
Haller
It's gonna be Benny or Yarmo coming in ain't it, surely?
COYI!!!

Macca666

Post by Macca666 »

If Antonio is indeed out for a couple of games I’d be tempted to play Bowen up top and bring Lanzini or Benrahma in to fill the wide roll. Normally I’d say just stick Haller in for Antonio but he looks totally uninterested as well as a lazy cunt.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Macca666 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:50 am If Antonio is indeed out for a couple of games I’d be tempted to play Bowen up top and bring Lanzini or Benrahma in to fill the wide roll. Normally I’d say just stick Haller in for Antonio but he looks totally uninterested as well as a lazy cunt.
Haller didn't look that uninterested or lazy when playing with the likes of the other uninterested or lazy ones Anderson - Yarmalenko and Lanzini , yes I know it was against lower opposition . Moyes needs to find a fit for Haller in the starting eleven like he did with Antonio , if memory serves me right many fans wanted Antonio sold before Moyes started using him as a front man in a formation built for him , same with Fornals many wanted him sold , look what has come of Masuaku with a change of system . Now your saying bring in Lanzini another many have slagged off lately , but since his wonder goal he is back in many fans good books .
We all have seen what Haller is capable of in the right system and the right players around him , Moyes needs to come to terms with that .

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:03 am
Macca666 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:50 am If Antonio is indeed out for a couple of games I’d be tempted to play Bowen up top and bring Lanzini or Benrahma in to fill the wide roll. Normally I’d say just stick Haller in for Antonio but he looks totally uninterested as well as a lazy cunt.
Haller didn't look that uninterested or lazy when playing with the likes of the other uninterested or lazy ones Anderson - Yarmalenko and Lanzini , yes I know it was against lower opposition . Moyes needs to find a fit for Haller in the starting eleven like he did with Antonio , if memory serves me right many fans wanted Antonio sold before Moyes started using him as a front man in a formation built for him , same with Fornals many wanted him sold , look what has come of Masuaku with a change of system . Now your saying bring in Lanzini another many have slagged off lately , but since his wonder goal he is back in many fans good books .
We all have seen what Haller is capable of in the right system and the right players around him , Moyes needs to come to terms with that .
I still think Haller needs a partner up front or close behind for him to flourish. He won't get that with us and I doubt he'd get that in many other teams in the prem
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:03 am
Yeah far as I'm aware..Haller has never been a "Target Man" CF that we seem to like...always played in a deeper role
in a front 3 type of thing...is why I always wanted a 3 of Him with Micky and Bowen..not one or the other,both together.
does seem to have more to his game,good eye for a pass.....the Rabona pass that put Micky thru from the halfway line,
is one of the most beautiful things seen on a footie pitch...forgotten who it was against at moment...
Now Andersons gone and Jack...we have Lanzini or Fornals that can sit in MF linking up...with him and other 2.

Means a 4-3-3 tho and that aint gonna happen anytime soon.