West Ham vs Manchester City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: West Ham vs Manchester City Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

h69 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:58 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:43 pm

As long as we are not a slow starter (international matches was to blame for our slow start against the smelly cunt team) Man City has at home against Porto at 8pm so West Ham will be ready by Saturday lunch time.
Talking of Porto : https://www.footballfancast.com/west-ha ... es-opinion
Hope he does well in Porto.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:45 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:40 pm

Cheers mate, hope you are right on your prediction but only 1% chance :lol: :lol:

Btw, Antonio is fine and available for the City game and West Ham have a fully fit squad which is a bonus that we rarely had this for many years.
These two chuntering Charlie's think we are on the up

Proper football club 😃
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:18 pm

Proper football club 😃
Out of curiosity wtf is a proper football club as opposed to an improper one ? ;)

That is actually a serious question because I haven't got a clue. Could even go on the cliche thread.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:30 pm

Proper football club 😃
Out of curiosity wtf is a proper football club as opposed to an improper one ? ;)

That is actually a serious question because I haven't got a clue. Could even go on the cliche thread.
I would say "proper footbal club" is a shorthand euphemism for being "worthy" of being talked about by people that matter/media.

Of course somebody else could challenge that by asking worthy to whom ?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Proper football club 😃

I saw both sides to it but chose to see it BD's way. It makes me smile more 😃
COYI!!!

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

The whole league is a crap shoot, I thought we would beat them, but not quite so confident on this one after our abysmal start.

So Diop for Balbuena?

Benrahma straight in for Fornals?

Or does Lanzini start - again would have to be in place of Fornals I guess?

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:20 pm

Still a long way to reach top 6 as we can't reached i under our 2 dwarfs and a piglet in charge......The only way we can finished top 6 this season if we keep our injuries at a minimum like in 1985-86 season which only used 18 players and 7 of them played 35+games. Had there were some injuries in 1985-86, we wouldn't finished 3rd.

Injuries can ruin seasons especially if long-term like we had during the last 4 years. Basically I would be happy if we finished 12th and above.
Frankly i expect the top 6 to be a little different each season the league is a bit more even now than a decade ago, and we have a pretty good squad.. probably the strongest in quite some time. Theoretically we could be able to challenge for at least european spots along with clubs like Leicester, Wolves and Everton.

It´s down to keeping form and not getting any key players injured.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:19 am

I would say "proper footbal club" is a shorthand euphemism for being "worthy" of being talked about by people that matter/media.

Of course somebody else could challenge that by asking worthy to whom ?
Yes, but if the media cover the sport of football as a whole surely it's very difficult, impossible in fact, not to talk about any club ?

In German Bayern Munich are regarded by many fans of other clubs as F C Hollywood, which is probably a bit like Man United are seen by many in England. But difficult not to see either as anything other than proper football clubs. Honestly, I just don't get it. :o
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

FFS this time, please just have a real go at them and don’t lay on your backs and have your tummies tickled whilst admiring their silky moves.
That’s all I ask for.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

thomasswe wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:23 am
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:20 pm

Still a long way to reach top 6 as we can't reached i under our 2 dwarfs and a piglet in charge......The only way we can finished top 6 this season if we keep our injuries at a minimum like in 1985-86 season which only used 18 players and 7 of them played 35+games. Had there were some injuries in 1985-86, we wouldn't finished 3rd.

Injuries can ruin seasons especially if long-term like we had during the last 4 years. Basically I would be happy if we finished 12th and above.
Frankly i expect the top 6 to be a little different each season the league is a bit more even now than a decade ago, and we have a pretty good squad.. probably the strongest in quite some time. Theoretically we could be able to challenge for at least european spots along with clubs like Leicester, Wolves and Everton.

It´s down to keeping form and not getting any key players injured.
Hope West Ham have a stronger strength in depth and hope Covid-19 will be long gone before summer 2021 so that West Ham will have better revenue and to start bringing younger, hunger players to replace our players that are 32+ age which we have a few of them and hopefully Anderson will be sold by then. Then hopefully next season to push for Europa if we don't do it this year. We are in much better shape, better performance and Moyes brought good players in Bowen, Soucek (that was a masterstroke buy), hopefully with Coufal and Benrahma. Should have kept Moyes in 2018 as the squad that time was from Bilic and it was awful BUT it was good things Moyes left as he went to study RB Leipzig and Salzburg and learned how they became very strong team by blood in younger hunger players and Moyes came back here a stronger manager and hope to keep it up. Pellegrini was out of form but the players he brought in wasn't good and was expensive for nothing due to his poor scouting teams. Moyes brought in better coaches and scouting and he refused to buy players that are same level or weaker just to make up numbers of it as he is looking for stronger players and take his time to get one which is a bonus for us as we had too man players brought in poor.and not bring us up to our next level up.

in Moyes we trust.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.