Ben Rahma

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Ben Rahma

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:43 pm
Clayton wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:33 am

I understand Moyes needs players to change the system , but he cant change the system if he hasn't got the players on the bench . Who plays if Soucek or Rice get an injury , must just be me that thinks these positions CM and DM should have been a priority to fill in the transfer window , not a CB and a LW . As far as who plays if Fornals gets a injury in the current system , hopefully not Benrahma especially with Masuaku and Cresswell behind him .
Nothing to back it up and all we have is previous form but this whole deal has the nasty smell of Sullivan kicking up good & proper .
I just don’t see this Algerian as a Moyes kind of player and none of it makes sense when we have a shitload of other positions that need upgrading much more urgently.

Yes as 69 says , Moyes needs different players to mix it up on a horses for courses basis .

The trouble is he doesn’t does he ? ... ever.

A waste of £30m+ imo . Hope I’m wrong I usually am.
From what I've heard, the deal has been ok'd by Moyes. That's all I've heard.

That doesn't mean Moyes had him on his list and likewise it doesn't mean Sullivan went to Moyes with this option, but that's what I've heard, and bearing in mind the agent involved, I'd suggest it was Sullivan going to Moyes, but it's just a hunch
COYI!!!

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Can't understand why anyone wants this player. 25 and only played 4 games for Algeria and is a poor man's replica of a player we have let go out on loan.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:20 pm Can't understand why anyone wants this player. 25 and only played 4 games for Algeria and is a poor man's replica of a player we have let go out on loan.
Fuck me he’s not that bad is he

Cancel the fucking contract !!

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

One has always played at the top level and one is still trying to, so yes is the answer :lol: :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:20 pm Can't understand why anyone wants this player. 25 and only played 4 games for Algeria and is a poor man's replica of a player we have let go out on loan.
The player we let out on loan that performed like shit for over a year but you like because he is Brazilian and cost 40million yes ?

h69

Post by h69 »

only1salty wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:53 pm There is no way Bananarama is going to play up front on his own. No fucking way. He doesn't fit the Moyes profile (that's if we really do actually sign the bloke).

Yes Arnie and Antonio have been converted but they are both big strong physical blokes who can run fast

He will play left sided attacker and hopefully add some much needed flair to the side. Fornals has been good so far and I am sure he will eventually fit in next to Rice or Soucek when one of them inevitably gets injured, sent off, sold off.

and ffs we have 2 left backs playing in the same team - how much defensive cover do they bloody need?

Some people would like a team of Dawson's - I would prefer to watch Bananarama all day long

Last point - as for poor body language, arm waving, slumped shoulders, etc....... Di Canio sat on the floor and had tantrums, asked to be substituted and spat his dummy out on numerous occasions. One of my all time favourite players still.
goodpost:)

Di Canio refused to play at West Brom towards the end of his last season as well. They are all Divas to be honest. Look at the way Messi has acted the last few years....he acts like he owns the club and did so from an early age if you read Marcottis book about him.

Thats the baggage of the flair player but it is almost always worth it.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

I too don’t see the point of releasing Diangana & signing Ben Rhama, reeks of a dwarf appeasement plan! Still it’s better than not signing him & he does give us some terrific options up front & he will put way more of a defensive shift in than Pam ever did.

Ben, Ant, Bowen is a formidable front 3 & I also think even Haller will benefit from this signing.
#fuckqatar2022

h69

Post by h69 »

Hammertime wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:18 am I too don’t see the point of releasing Diangana & signing Ben Rhama, reeks of a dwarf appeasement plan! Still it’s better than not signing him & he does give us some terrific options up front & he will put way more of a defensive shift in than Pam ever did.

Ben, Ant, Bowen is a formidable front 3 & I also think even Haller will benefit from this signing.
I hope this makes Haller start actually moving around. When he moves, he is quite a good player and far better than the lamppost he looks like when he does not.

Diangana is half the player Benrahma is in my opinion and this bollocks about Moyes not wanting Benrahma is just that. He has been on our list of players since the lockdown if Brentford did not get promoted.

It is just another excuse to get at the owners. They have done enough wrong without inventing stuff that they have not.

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:21 am
Hammertime wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:18 am I too don’t see the point of releasing Diangana & signing Ben Rhama, reeks of a dwarf appeasement plan! Still it’s better than not signing him & he does give us some terrific options up front & he will put way more of a defensive shift in than Pam ever did.

and this bollocks about Moyes not wanting Benrahma is just that. He has been on our list of players since the lockdown if Brentford did not get promoted.
How do you know this?
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:44 pm One has always played at the top level and one is still trying to, so yes is the answer :lol: :lol:
Surely can’t be be as limp wristed as him though ,tell me no ?