Ben Rahma

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Ben Rahma

Post by palerider »

Don't count your chickens, this is West Ham we're talking about.

But it looks like we're signing a player.

Yes.....actually signing a player. A real one.

So assuming nothing goes wrong, it couldn't could it, where does the Algerian fit in ?

Yes I've seen Gonzo's video but when it's not about U-bends or back siphonage I lose interest, but the gist of it was, who's signing is it, Moyes or the dwarf ?

Probably the shorter of the two, on that I agree, but it's still a signing, when the faithful were braced for a player we already had, a Wimbledon yoot and a Watford veteran on loan appearing to be it.

The Messiah turned Arnie into a striker. And I'm wondering if, in his second coming, he could do the same. If he can then maybe he can feed the 10,000 with four loaves and a couple of gurnards.

We are not worthy.

Ps. I forgot about the Impaler.

Sorry.

Clayton

Re: Ben Rahma

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:27 am Don't count your chickens, this is West Ham we're talking about.

So assuming nothing goes wrong, it couldn't could it, where does the Algerian fit in ?

Yes I've seen Gonzo's video but when it's not about U-bends or back siphonage I lose interest, but the gist of it was, who's signing is it, Moyes or the dwarf ?

Probably the shorter of the two, on that I agree, but it's still a signing, when the faithful were braced for a player we already had, a Wimbledon yoot and a Watford veteran on loan appearing to be it.

The Messiah turned Arnie into a striker. And I'm wondering if, in his second coming, he could do the same. If he can then maybe he can feed the 10,000 with four loaves and a couple of gurnards.

We are not worthy.
Why have a signing that is not going to be loved and cherished by Moyes , doubt Moyes is just going to change the system that has worked so well just to fit him in .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Clayton wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:36 am
palerider wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:27 am Don't count your chickens, this is West Ham we're talking about.

We are not worthy.
Why have a signing that is not going to be loved and cherished by Moyes , doubt Moyes is just going to change the system that has worked so well just to fit him in .
Sky claim the clubs have agreed £30M and the player is haggling over wages.

And your right, I doubt Moyes even wants the Algerian fuck-face, but our club operates with it's own peculiar rhythms and is quite distant from all normal notions of professional standards. In some ways it's surprising how well it functions, considering...

JayK

Post by JayK »

You'd think this signing would be the end of Hallers West Ham career with Moyes likely to use Benrahma in the mould of Antonio and Arnautovic before him.

In the same sky write up they talk as bout Josh King and I gotta say, what they have shown is decent stats for the lad. Still need defence obviously and DM but I do think these 2 would strengthen the squad in those positions. Not necessarily strengthen 1st team but wouldn't weaken it if they came into the team at any stage through the season or for a 2 minute cameo appearance as subs (🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🙈)
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:55 am You'd think this signing would be the end of Hallers West Ham career with Moyes likely to use Benrahma in the mould of Antonio and Arnautovic before him.

In the same sky write up they talk as bout Josh King and I gotta say, what they have shown is decent stats for the lad. Still need defence obviously and DM but I do think these 2 would strengthen the squad in those positions. Not necessarily strengthen 1st team but wouldn't weaken it if they came into the team at any stage through the season or for a 2 minute cameo appearance as subs (🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🙈)
So why not buy someone from the championship already capable of doing that ? , like Karlan Grant or Adam Armstrong , and they have what Moyes wants supposedly , youth and the hunger to do well in the top league in the world .
Why a 29 year old who was average at best in the premier league , and a 25 year old Wing ( who played once as a CF in the last two seasons ) and played a couple of times there in the French second tier and doesn't fit the system we have the players in the right positions for .

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

I would have been exited about this signing had it not been for the fact that we had a player with similar style but younger who we sold for some dumb reason.

I see him as competition for Fornals and not as a striker. On the left we have Bowen/Yarmolenko

We do still have Lanzini but he hasnt been the same since his injury

h69

Post by h69 »

We are not worthy.
Good grief....

er.....Moyes gave a list of players that he wanted the club to look at last season. Benrahma and King were both on it. Why would Moyes not 'love' him ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe Benrahma was a higher priority and wanted to come from the start but he had some disagreement with Brentford but that has been sorted out now whereas Bournemouth are unhappy at us and Kings agent.

Moyes made not only Arnautovic but also Antonio into a proper goalscorer. Benrahma adds more flair to a team that has Anderson woefully out of form for a year and has played in a League even physically tougher than ours by playing in the Championship. If he can progress as well as Bowen does then we will have a good signing.

We need players so we have options to change the style if things start going wrong. It is all very well saying we have found a way of playing but you need other ways too and if Fornals were to get injured, where does the flair come from. This gives more competition for places.

h69

Post by h69 »

thomasswe wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:06 am I would have been exited about this signing had it not been for the fact that we had a player with similar style but younger who we sold for some dumb reason.

I see him as competition for Fornals and not as a striker. On the left we have Bowen/Yarmolenko

Yarmolenko almost always plays on the right despite being left footed, he likes to cut inside....that is his game. Lanzini is a busted flush and was since Payet left.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

thomasswe wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:06 am I would have been exited about this signing had it not been for the fact that we had a player with similar style but younger who we sold for some dumb reason.

If Benrahma joins, and I still hope the deal collapses, then obviously I hope he is a success. But from the limited times I've seen him he'd be no replacement for Fornals. Fornals, as well as having talent and vision, is a grafter who doesn't hide and sulk if he's having a bad patch. Watching the game on the box, and obviously I accept Thomas Frank knows him a hell of a lot better than me, his attitude, as well as his performances in the play offs, stank. If he can't motivate himself for what were probably the biggest games he's ever played in then the proverbial cold and wet November night at Turf Moor could be a problem.

Anyone can have a bad game, even Lionel Messi. But a bad attitude is another thing entirely. But, as I've said I'd be happy to be proved wrong..
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:11 am

Good grief....

er.....Moyes gave a list of players that he wanted the club to look at last season. Benrahma and King were both on it. Why would Moyes not 'love' him ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe Benrahma was a higher priority and wanted to come from the start but he had some disagreement with Brentford but that has been sorted out now whereas Bournemouth are unhappy at us and Kings agent.

Moyes made not only Arnautovic but also Antonio into a proper goalscorer. Benrahma adds more flair to a team that has Anderson woefully out of form for a year and has played in a League even physically tougher than ours by playing in the Championship. If he can progress as well as Bowen does then we will have a good signing.

We need players so we have options to change the style if things start going wrong. It is all very well saying we have found a way of playing but you need other ways too and if Fornals were to get injured, where does the flair come from. This gives more competition for places.
I understand Moyes needs players to change the system , but he cant change the system if he hasn't got the players on the bench . Who plays if Soucek or Rice get an injury , must just be me that thinks these positions CM and DM should have been a priority to fill in the transfer window , not a CB and a LW . As far as who plays if Fornals gets a injury in the current system , hopefully not Benrahma especially with Masuaku and Cresswell behind him .