Ben Rahma

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Re: Ben Rahma

Post by deanox »

If he signs, let’s get behind the lad.
Anderson was fucking awful in the last year, lanzini has looked shit and Yarmelenko is one footed.
Get behind him and stop worrying who is behind the signature.
If at the end of this season he is shit, then have a go, but right now let’s get behind him and wish him the best.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

To be fair Benrahma's not up to our usual standards of square pegs for round holes. Brentford had a pretty mobile front line. They weren't pinging it into to a target man or constantly playing possession football around the box.
He can beat a player, has decent pace, can pick a pass, and can score.
I think he could cover any of our 3 forward positions in a pinch.

Whether he's an upgrade over Diangana or Anderson is beside the point now. Let's just hope he can make the step up. If he can he'll be a treat to watch.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:21 am
Hammertime wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:18 am I too don’t see the point of releasing Diangana & signing Ben Rhama, reeks of a dwarf appeasement plan! Still it’s better than not signing him & he does give us some terrific options up front & he will put way more of a defensive shift in than Pam ever did.

Ben, Ant, Bowen is a formidable front 3 & I also think even Haller will benefit from this signing.
I hope this makes Haller start actually moving around. When he moves, he is quite a good player and far better than the lamppost he looks like when he does not.

Diangana is half the player Benrahma is in my opinion and this bollocks about Moyes not wanting Benrahma is just that. He has been on our list of players since the lockdown if Brentford did not get promoted.

It is just another excuse to get at the owners. They have done enough wrong without inventing stuff that they have not.
Nothing to do with the owners regarding this intended purchase. I haven't seen enough of Benrahma, or for that matter Diangana whilst he was at W B A last season, to have a proper opinion but it is reasonable to make the point that Diangana has age on his side and has the potential to improve which, with more exposure to PL opposition he may do or he may not. Benrahma similarly may make the jump to the top level easily, or he may not. Benrahma is costing more money than we brought in for Diangana and therefore unless he is an immediate improvement it will not be money well spent as, in Moyes' view, we let Diangana go because we had too many wide players and needed the money to strengthen the side.

Your point about diCanio is true of course but in the case of Benrahma one would have thought that a player who had ambitions of playing at the top level would have been able to motivate himself for the play offs which would surely have been the biggest games he has ever featured in. He was poor and he appeared to be totally disinterested when his intended flicks and tricks didn't work for him. Time will tell of course ande I hope, if he joins, he proves me wrong. But to me this looks like another Florin Raducioiu in waiting, and he was a player who had done it at the top level and also at international level.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:10 am
Shortshanks wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:20 pm Can't understand why anyone wants this player. 25 and only played 4 games for Algeria and is a poor man's replica of a player we have let go out on loan.
The player we let out on loan that performed like shit for over a year but you like because he is Brazilian and cost 40million yes ?
No not because he's Brazilian, I not that naive. He's a better player than Benrahma that's why. And put Benrahma in with the crap midfield Anderson was lumbered with and you'll probably be the first to start moaning. Played crap for over a year, who was he playing for because he was continually left out by a manger who has proven he can't talent with other clubs.

h69

Post by h69 »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:24 am
h69 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:10 am

The player we let out on loan that performed like shit for over a year but you like because he is Brazilian and cost 40million yes ?
No not because he's Brazilian, I not that naive. He's a better player than Benrahma that's why. And put Benrahma in with the crap midfield Anderson was lumbered with and you'll probably be the first to start moaning. Played crap for over a year, who was he playing for because he was continually left out by a manger who has proven he can't talent with other clubs.
It comes to something that a 40m player cant play well with Noble, Rice and Fornals but a player like Antonio can with Soucek, Rice and Fornals.

So what you are saying is that if Soucek had joined last summer, Anderson would have been able to win hios one on ones, would not have looked so lightweight, scored more goals and been a star ? :lol:

And there I was thinking that a good player made a team better not the other way around. Lucky Payet had a world class midfield around him.....oh wait.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:00 am
h69 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:21 am

I hope this makes Haller start actually moving around. When he moves, he is quite a good player and far better than the lamppost he looks like when he does not.

Diangana is half the player Benrahma is in my opinion and this bollocks about Moyes not wanting Benrahma is just that. He has been on our list of players since the lockdown if Brentford did not get promoted.

It is just another excuse to get at the owners. They have done enough wrong without inventing stuff that they have not.
Nothing to do with the owners regarding this intended purchase. I haven't seen enough of Benrahma, or for that matter Diangana whilst he was at W B A last season, to have a proper opinion but it is reasonable to make the point that Diangana has age on his side and has the potential to improve which, with more exposure to PL opposition he may do or he may not. Benrahma similarly may make the jump to the top level easily, or he may not. Benrahma is costing more money than we brought in for Diangana and therefore unless he is an immediate improvement it will not be money well spent as, in Moyes' view, we let Diangana go because we had too many wide players and needed the money to strengthen the side.

Your point about diCanio is true of course but in the case of Benrahma one would have thought that a player who had ambitions of playing at the top level would have been able to motivate himself for the play offs which would surely have been the biggest games he has ever featured in. He was poor and he appeared to be totally disinterested when his intended flicks and tricks didn't work for him. Time will tell of course ande I hope, if he joins, he proves me wrong. But to me this looks like another Florin Raducioiu in waiting, and he was a player who had done it at the top level and also at international level.
So you know for a fact that he was not motivated for the playoffs do you and it was not that the fact that the whole team lost out on automatic promotion on the last day and therefore played appallingly bad in the playoffs as often happens. The same applied to Watkins who was poor as were all the Brentford team in those playoffs. They were devastated, as were their fans that they missed out on what should have been an easy last but one game. However if you base the opinion on the entire season, he was arguably one of the best players in the division.

Also, I know for a fact he wants to sign for us. Raducioiu did not and was forced to sign for this team managed by Harry Redknapp by his agent (I wonder why).

He may work out, he may not but we have had almost all our success from players signed from leagues below than expensive misfits from different leagues outside England so I think it is worth a try.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

JayK wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:31 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:43 pm I would rather get Ben Rahma than Josh King and my reasons are:

Ben Rahma 25 to King 30

Ben Rahma lower wages to King's asking £130,000 a week and we don't want to pay hefty wages for a player that is nearing end of their football career.

Ben Rahma is more quicker and useful player.

MOYES OUT!!
Josh king info on sky....worth a read

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... oshua-king
Most likely he will go to Everton or Villa as both CAN afford to pay his FAT wages.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:46 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:00 am

So you know for a fact that he was not motivated for the playoffs do you and it was not that the fact that the whole team lost out on automatic promotion on the last day and therefore played appallingly bad in the playoffs as often happens. The same applied to Watkins who was poor as were all the Brentford team in those playoffs. They were devastated, as were their fans that they missed out on what should have been an easy last but one game. However if you base the opinion on the entire season, he was arguably one of the best players in the division.

Also, I know for a fact he wants to sign for us. Raducioiu did not and was forced to sign for this team managed by Harry Redknapp by his agent (I wonder why).

He may work out, he may not but we have had almost all our success from players signed from leagues below than expensive misfits from different leagues outside England so I think it is worth a try.
Time will be the judge of this particular issue I think.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:48 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:46 am

Of course. That's my point. Sometimes it needs a specific combination of player and club. Some you win and some you don't.

No point in slagging the guy off before he plays here. It happened with Bowen as well so I should not be surprised.

Towie

Post by Towie »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:02 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Of course. That's my point. Sometimes it needs a specific combination of player and club. Some you win and some you don't.

No point in slagging the guy off before he plays here. It happened with Bowen as well so I should not be surprised.
Think you will find it is only Numbnuts that wrote if Bowen, and by his predictable nature he will do the same with Benrahma.

You are right particular combination player and club, shame club didn’t give Diangana that chance and saved 30m on a similar player. But that is my opinion off course.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.