Premier League PPV: £15 to watch matches from 17th October.

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Premier League PPV: £15 to watch matches from 17th October.

Post by palerider »

I have 3 more days of Sky Sports.

I cancelled the sports package with Sky but had paid a month in advance. I won't miss it.

And the PL are back-tracking it seems over the PPV because of a fans revolt.

Good.

Cunts.

Do I want to pay extra now to watch a glorified testimonial match in front of an empty stadium with the players glorifying a dead, drugged-up American criminal ?

Let me think.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:12 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:20 pm

I stand corrected mate on the £15 charge if that all going to the Clubs...find that very hard to believe....Sky/BT...
doing it free of charge,not even covering their Costs/Overheads.....Paying Spitter Carragher outta their own pockets..
fair dues.... :lol:
But Stand by...they're not unhappy with whats going on at moment thing...

Don't get me Started on Utilities Companies...hate those fuckers with a passion.... :lol:
The Daily Mail (yes, I know but their sports pages are decent) have carried a few stories about this and it seems all the money will go to the clubs. What isn't sure, and I'm certain it will lead to grief in the future, isif all the money match for match is going to the two teams involved or going into a pot to be divvied out.
Be nice if could be filtered down thru all footie...a lot of us might be paying to watch the Cheats and Manc sides,
with all their resources and financial backing while our own local clubs we usually would watch are struggling,
we're helping support the wealthy ones while our local club goes under maybe..

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:09 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:12 pm

The Daily Mail (yes, I know but their sports pages are decent) have carried a few stories about this and it seems all the money will go to the clubs. What isn't sure, and I'm certain it will lead to grief in the future, isif all the money match for match is going to the two teams involved or going into a pot to be divvied out.
Be nice if could be filtered down thru all footie...a lot of us might be paying to watch the Cheats and Manc sides,
with all their resources and financial backing while our own local clubs we usually would watch are struggling,
we're helping support the wealthy ones while our local club goes under maybe..
Very littler chance of that happening. The argument being that people will pay to watch, say, Barcelona v Real Madrid or Manchester City v Liverpool but not to watch Rochdale v Scunthorpe. Bit like Tescos having to subsidise the local convenience store I guess.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

So let's get this right: you can only use this bespoke service if your already subscribed to Sky or BT. And then it's only accessible through what they call their "Box office" service.

Or am I wrong and it's available to anyone on demand for £14.99...because this might be the difference between watching Burnley v C.Palace or not watching it...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:10 pm So let's get this right: you can only use this bespoke service if your already subscribed to Sky or BT. And then it's only accessible through what they call their "Box office" service.

Or am I wrong and it's available to anyone on demand for £14.99...because this might be the difference between watching Burnley v C.Palace or not watching it...
Having given this matter very serious consideration I am forced to admit-------I haven't got a fucking clue.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales »

Hammers United statement on proposed pay for view football.

http://hammersunited.com/hammers-united ... -football/

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

prince of wales wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:05 pm Hammers United statement on proposed pay for view football.

http://hammersunited.com/hammers-united ... -football/
Well done - decent observations.

I like this "At a time when we are being encouraged to isolate as much as possible, the cost is also likely to encourage fans to gather in houses with friends to allow them to rotate the cost."

...although a counter argument could be posed that even if the matches were as low as £5 PPV the same thing might occur. Blokes, beers and football kind of mix don't they...well they do, in these parts (and not just the blokes)

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Flairon

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »