Masuaku Injured

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Masuaku Injured

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:04 am It’s a sad indictment of the club in general that the famous Arthur Masuaku gets an injury and everybody shits themselves.

Thanks Sullivan you piece of Snake excrement .
Not everyone is shitting themselves, we have plenty of options and a few very decent youngsters

More an indictment on the fans that they moan when we might have to use a young player and moan when we don't. :lol:

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

h69 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:01 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:04 am It’s a sad indictment of the club in general that the famous Arthur Masuaku gets an injury and everybody shits themselves.

Not everyone is shitting themselves, we have plenty of options and a few very decent youngsters

More an indictment on the fans that they moan when we might have to use a young player and moan when we don't. :lol:
goodpost:) nail on head

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Well it sounds like this was just a scare but really I was referring to the LACK of senior squad options for Masuaku’s role ie Cresswell god no !

And the fact that I can’t see Moyes using the kids (in the PL).
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Who are these "decent" kids and why didn't Moyes give them a chance in the League cup. Not 5 or 6 which is a total waste of time but say no more than 2 at any one time. And they'll need to be decent in the PL or we'll get ripped apart. You only need one weak link.

h69

Post by h69 »

Shortshanks wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:18 pm Who are these "decent" kids and why didn't Moyes give them a chance in the League cup. Not 5 or 6 which is a total waste of time but say no more than 2 at any one time. And they'll need to be decent in the PL or we'll get ripped apart. You only need one weak link.
I cant speak as to what the thinking was around this Everton game as I watched little of it but I think we played a back 4 with Cresswell, Snodgrass and Anderson in the side but didnt Alese and Ashby play in the Carabao cup against Hull or did I get that wrong ?

As to who they are, save me typing and go look at https://www.whufc.com/teams/development-squad/squad. Why not use them as backup to Masuaku and Johnson, they have to start somewhere.

And what is wrong with Ben Johnson playing on the left. he did so before and looked quite comfortable there and can do so again. Don't see an issue to be honest. To say we rely on Masuaku is ludicrous.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

A couple did play against Hull so why not give one some time against Everton and more to the point why not bring one on against Leics and look to the future not keep the past going. As for their ability I haven't seen enough to judge but surely one or two should be given some time otherwise they will never progress even if they're good enough.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

So who are these options , Cresswell isn't up to playing as a WB not even sure he is up to playing as a LB , and as far as the very decent youngsters go .
Are these youngsters the ones Moyes was hesitant in giving game time preseason and in the cup ? , Coventry got a game out at RB , don't actually remember him getting a start in midfield . Where were Ashby and Longelo in the Everton cup game ? . Why hasn't Alese been given game time ? . Why was Noble brought on in our last match on the 88 minute , you think Moyes is going to play youngsters ? .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

As I predicted will be fit Sunday.

Tally ho !!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:58 pm A couple did play against Hull so why not give one some time against Everton and more to the point why not bring one on against Leics and look to the future not keep the past going. As for their ability I haven't seen enough to judge but surely one or two should be given some time otherwise they will never progress even if they're good enough.
Agree with that. The Everton game was an ideal opportunity to assess kids like Ashby and Alese against proper opposition, as opposed to league One shooting practice opposition. Why pick those squad players everyone, including the management team, knows aren't good enough to be first choices. We know everything we need to know about them but the younger alternatives remain untested.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:15 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:58 pm A couple did play against Hull so why not give one some time against Everton and more to the point why not bring one on against Leics and look to the future not keep the past going. As for their ability I haven't seen enough to judge but surely one or two should be given some time otherwise they will never progress even if they're good enough.
Agree with that. The Everton game was an ideal opportunity to assess kids like Ashby and Alese against proper opposition, as opposed to league One shooting practice opposition. Why pick those squad players everyone, including the management team, knows aren't good enough to be first choices. We know everything we need to know about them but the younger alternatives remain untested.
We all know them reasons why?..Our fantastic owner went on Talksport and told the nation that.

Night Whiskyman.