Masuaku Injured

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Masuaku Injured

Post by Ibbyham »

A big blow as Masuaku is injured during the training with his country and now flown back to West Ham to assess and could be on lengthly spells.

Stupid International matches spoiling our great form. Question is, if Moyes stick to the back 3 with 2 wings back, who will slot in Masuaku?

For me Johnson is the best bet with Coufal on the opposite.

I am now praying for other players not to pick up injury as I was pleased Rice did not play yesterday as he needed to rest.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: Masuaku Injured

Post by JayK »

Ibbyham wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:54 pm A big blow as Masuaku is injured during the training with his country and now flown back to West Ham to assess and could be on lengthly spells.

Stupid International matches spoiling our great form. Question is, if Moyes stick to the back 3 with 2 wings back, who will slot in Masuaku?

I am now praying for other players not to pick up injury as I was pleased Rice did not play yesterday as he needed to rest.
Diangana is a ready made LW replacement.....oh wait. Never mind, we have 8 wingers to choose from
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Shit that would be gutting for him and us...always thought there's a decent player there somewhere...
why the fuck we played him as a left back I'll never know...would actually prefer him as a winger ..than a FB

That WB role suits him best tho...hope he's not to bad.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

JayK wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:14 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:54 pm A big blow as Masuaku is injured during the training with his country and now flown back to West Ham to assess and could be on lengthly spells.

Diangana is a ready made LW replacement.....oh wait. Never mind, we have 8 wingers to choose from
Big mistake to sell Diangana, hope Johnson can do well on that flank
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

HammerJammer

Post by HammerJammer »

I hear he's better than Lukaku.
Click here and enter 9898 to block the TottenScum Troll

h69

Post by h69 »

HammerJammer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:52 pm I hear he's better than Lukaku.
and never gives the ball away....

h69

Post by h69 »

Ibbyham wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:35 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:14 pm

Why not ? It may be the making of Johnson

He is young and may thrive not having to defend as much but having to pile up and down the wing. If he cant do it at 20 then there is no hope for him :lol:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Just when you didn't think it couldn't start to go wrong it does , not denying Masuaku had come good recently playing as a wingback with the three at the back but in my eyes he wasn't the long term answer in the starting eleven . What would we have done if we needed to change the formation whereby we had to play four at the back , we know he can't defend and Cresswell isn't the answer . Johnson in my eyes looked the answer but Moyes has chopped and changed him from the right side to the left side and back again so who knows , Longelo looked to have potential but it is more then likely to early . Maybe we would have already had a LB in instead of Coufal if we had managed to hold onto Ngakia .
So at the end of the day we need wingbacks who can also play defensively as fullbacks , but when you look at the bench we are lacking in all departments . In my eyes none of them can come on and play in the current system except the CB if any of the starting eleven like Masuaku get an injury I hate to think what our season ahead would be like .
Last edited by Clayton on Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:01 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:35 pm

Why not ? It may be the making of Johnson

He is young and may thrive not having to defend as much but having to pile up and down the wing. If he cant do it at 20 then there is no hope for him :lol:
Always thought he looked better on the left then the right .

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

You just know what's coming..... Popeye will move Fornals from his favoured role to the left and then he will play _ _ _ _ _ ( fill in the gaps) in Fornals role.....if correct we are fucked.