The return of Lazarus.....

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

The return of Lazarus.....

Post by ToneLoc »

Looks like they’ve got Moyes on the spin-wagon now.
How the fuck can Moyes effectively say he’s content and praise the club’s efforts after that fucking shambolic abomination of a transfer window?

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/202 ... my-players

Just when you start to get a little sympathy for the bloke he comes out with that shite.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Re: The return of Lazarus.....

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm Looks like they’ve got Moyes on the spin-wagon now.
How the fuck can Moyes effectively say he’s content and praise the club’s efforts after that fucking shambolic abomination of a transfer window?

Just when you start to get a little sympathy for the bloke he comes out with that shite.
Fuck me I thought the old QPR winger Mark Lazarus was on his way in.

But seriously would you expect Moyes to say he was pissed off and that he feels the squad is weak ? Even if privately he thinks that.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Al mentioned that Gonzo’s vid may shed some light on this.....
I’ll have a butchers at this after work.
Last edited by ToneLoc on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:02 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm Looks like they’ve got Moyes on the spin-wagon now.

But seriously would you expect Moyes to say he was pissed off and that he feels the squad is weak ? Even if privately he thinks that.
No but in the situation it’s easier to say “nothing” rather than go out of your way to apply false praise that you know full well most people are going to scoff and laugh at.
Yeah....."United"

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

ToneLoc wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:06 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:02 pm

No but in the situation it’s easier to say “nothing” rather than go out of your way to apply false praise that you know full well most people are going to scoff and laugh at.
He's a yes man Tone. And has had the dwarfs cock in his tukkas.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The best bit from that interview: "I’d rather work with a small squad than a big squad. It’s always easy to bring somebody out of the Academy when there are spaces, and I’ve always wanted to have a Club where those young boys feel there’s a chance to break through."

He always says that, but seems to do something else - sell Diangana

However if that's what he believes and wants and he doesn't bring in any twerps like Craig Dawson then he will have arisen in my estimation. Quite highly in fact, because he starts in the sub basement...

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Not quite Love/Hate with him...but along those lines....
But whatever you think...Bowen/Soucek..now Poss Coufal now,speaks for itself...
We are looking like a better team ,best for last couple years anyway,Scoring more goals than we ever have prob.
We should be happy....but then he puts a poor team out at Everton... not up for argument..Nobes and Snoddy,in
MF away at Everton for a place in the quarters...C'mon..
And the Piss Taking with Anderson..playing him for a minute here and there...happy to see him leave,now we're light
on Back ups...appears maybe as much as he didn't sanction it..didn't stop Grady D leaving...Cullen,again getting
rid of Back up MFers.
Proofs in the results, we keep winning/playing well...he's getting it right.

Like it or not the Manager and Captain,do have to toe the line a bit,in supporting what the club do...we can
fuck people off we don't like or disagree with..they can't.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

I'm just hoping he has covid for good, better off without him anywhere near the team
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:42 pm Not quite Love/Hate with him...but along those lines....
We are looking like a better team ,best for last couple years anyway,Scoring more goals than we ever have prob.
We should be happy....but then he puts a poor team out at Everton... not up for argument..Nobes and Snoddy,in
And the Piss Taking with Anderson..playing him for a minute here and there...happy to see him leave,now we're light
on Back ups...appears maybe as much as he didn't sanction it..didn't stop Grady D leaving...Cullen,again getting
rid of Back up MFers.

Like it or not the Manager and Captain,do have to toe the line a bit,in supporting what the club do...we can
Great point re the two Czechs and Bowen. Look to be quality signings at Poundland prices. But you say he put a poor side out at Everton. Personally I would expect a second string team to be put out in a competition like the Mickey Mouse but it's not unreasonable for it to be good enough to be competitive. All that game proved was that the squad isn't good enough as a collective. Probably 3 or 4 players short in key positions.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:57 pm
mkhammer wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:42 pm Not quite Love/Hate with him...but along those lines....
rid of Back up MFers.

Great point re the two Czechs and Bowen. Look to be quality signings at Poundland prices. But you say he put a poor side out at Everton. Personally I would expect a second string team to be put out in a competition like the Mickey Mouse but it's not unreasonable for it to be good enough to be competitive. All that game proved was that the squad isn't good enough as a collective. Probably 3 or 4 players short in key positions.
Agree. The first team he is playing now is decent but the squad needs good backup. The players coming in have to be able to fit into the way we play with a press. That is why I think the signings he has made have worked out.
Cullen didnt seem to make much of an impact unfortunately. Some make it and some do not. We dont see them in training but at 24, I suspect he was just not good enough for the PL but may be at another level. He is three years older than Rice.

Pellegrini seemed to buy a load of players and then try and fit them into a system and that really didnt work. Worked at Man City purely because the players were so damned good and Aguero was up top.