The return of Lazarus.....

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: The return of Lazarus.....

Post by mkhammer »

h69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:14 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:57 pm

Great point re the two Czechs and Bowen. Look to be quality signings at Poundland prices. But you say he put a poor side out at Everton. Personally I would expect a second string team to be put out in a competition like the Mickey Mouse but it's not unreasonable for it to be good enough to be competitive. All that game proved was that the squad isn't good enough as a collective. Probably 3 or 4 players short in key positions.
Agree. The first team he is playing now is decent but the squad needs good backup. The players coming in have to be able to fit into the way we play with a press. That is why I think the signings he has made have worked out.
Cullen didnt seem to make much of an impact unfortunately. Some make it and some do not. We dont see them in training but at 24, I suspect he was just not good enough for the PL but may be at another level. He is three years older than Rice.

Pellegrini seemed to buy a load of players and then try and fit them into a system and that really didnt work. Worked at Man City purely because the players were so damned good and Aguero was up top.
Think if Peller had paid just a little more attention to the defensive side of the MF....and not leaving it to Dec and Nobes
with a back up of Sanchez....and used his DOF and his worldwide contacts..to dig up a Soucek ..we might not be
in this shit situation all the time...
He had on the pitch an unfit Jack and Sanchez, a couple times in there ....and we dig Moyes out....
That always puzzled me with Peller...no regard for DMFers...

Mind you think he is the most over rated "Top Class" Manager I've ever known...

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:42 pm Not quite Love/Hate with him...but along those lines....
But whatever you think...Bowen/Soucek..now Poss Coufal now,speaks for itself...
We are looking like a better team ,best for last couple years anyway,Scoring more goals than we ever have prob.
We should be happy....but then he puts a poor team out at Everton... not up for argument..Nobes and Snoddy,in
MF away at Everton for a place in the quarters...C'mon..
And the Piss Taking with Anderson..playing him for a minute here and there...happy to see him leave,now we're light
on Back ups...appears maybe as much as he didn't sanction it..didn't stop Grady D leaving...Cullen,again getting
rid of Back up MFers.
Proofs in the results, we keep winning/playing well...he's getting it right.

Like it or not the Manager and Captain,do have to toe the line a bit,in supporting what the club do...we can
fuck people off we don't like or disagree with..they can't.
Proof IS in the results and the form....... of which I personally will judge over the course of one whole season and not a sporadic few games.
I’m still a Moyes doubter but the recent signs and the management team he’s put together certainly have risen my eyebrows and I’m feeling more confident now that my doubts could be proven false.
Let’s hope it continues.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:10 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:14 am

Agree. The first team he is playing now is decent but the squad needs good backup. The players coming in have to be able to fit into the way we play with a press. That is why I think the signings he has made have worked out.
Cullen didnt seem to make much of an impact unfortunately. Some make it and some do not. We dont see them in training but at 24, I suspect he was just not good enough for the PL but may be at another level. He is three years older than Rice.

Pellegrini seemed to buy a load of players and then try and fit them into a system and that really didnt work. Worked at Man City purely because the players were so damned good and Aguero was up top.
Think if Peller had paid just a little more attention to the defensive side of the MF....and not leaving it to Dec and Nobes
with a back up of Sanchez....and used his DOF and his worldwide contacts..to dig up a Soucek ..we might not be
He had on the pitch an unfit Jack and Sanchez, a couple times in there ....and we dig Moyes out....

Really ? His c v is impressive. Clubs like Real Madrid and Manchester City don't employ coaches on a whim. They have to have an impressive c v to get the gig. He has just been appointed Head coach of Real Betis in Spain at it will be interesting to see if he can turn them into a Europa League challenging side.

I believe it is significant that a bloke who took Villarreal to within a penalty kick of a Champions League final and Malaga to the Quarter Final of the same competition (and had it not been for an appalling Scottish linesman they would have reached the semis), and won trophies at Manchester City and Real Madrid, has only had one real "failure" on his c v. which is at the circus that is West Ham United.

And even at our place we got our second highest PL points total in over 10 years in his first season. A square peg in a round hole quite possibly. But over rated ? Not on your life.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:38 pm
mkhammer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:10 pm

Really ? His c v is impressive. Clubs like Real Madrid and Manchester City don't employ coaches on a whim. They have to have an impressive c v to get the gig. He has just been appointed Head coach of Real Betis in Spain at it will be interesting to see if he can turn them into a Europa League challenging side.

I believe it is significant that a bloke who took Villarreal to within a penalty kick of a Champions League final and Malaga to the Quarter Final of the same competition (and had it not been for an appalling Scottish linesman they would have reached the semis), and won trophies at Manchester City and Real Madrid, has only had one real "failure" on his c v. which is at the circus that is West Ham United.

And even at our place we got our second highest PL points total in over 10 years in his first season. A square peg in a round hole quite possibly. But over rated ? Not on your life.
And maybe, just maybe a lot of meddling and interference from you know who.... ;)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:56 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:38 pm

And maybe, just maybe a lot of meddling and interference from you know who.... ;)
Surely you're not suggesting--------

He saved us don't you know. :o
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?