Josh Cullen

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Josh Cullen

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:03 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:32 pm Didn't see that much of him but struck me as one of those "busy little players" who aren't quite up to PL standard. Having said that I agree with the comments that I would rather see him come on instead of someone else. What I saw the last 5 mins against Leicester put the fear of god into me. Another 10 mins and I think that game would have been lost.
Agree with that. Runs around a lot, waves his arms a lot, shouts a lot but that end product ?

If there was ever going to be an end product it would have shown itself before he reached 24 wouldn't it ?

BTW does that summing up of him remind--------oh, never mind.
Agree with both assessments. But as a squad player who won't rock the boat on not as huge salary, what was the point in selling him ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:55 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:03 pm

Agree with that. Runs around a lot, waves his arms a lot, shouts a lot but that end product ?

If there was ever going to be an end product it would have shown itself before he reached 24 wouldn't it ?

BTW does that summing up of him remind--------oh, never mind.
Agree with both assessments. But as a squad player who won't rock the boat on not as huge salary, what was the point in selling him ?

Possibly he wanted the opportunity of regular first team football and requested a move ? Not unreasonable at this stage of his career.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

It still seems to be a rather short sighted decision l especially at such a low price) given the fact that we apparently need cover in Midfield.
Flairon

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Flairon wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:52 am It still seems to be a rather short sighted decision l especially at such a low price) given the fact that we apparently need cover in Midfield.
Exactly..Cullen has the legs,Noble and Snodgrass don't.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:55 am
Flairon wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:52 am It still seems to be a rather short sighted decision l especially at such a low price) given the fact that we apparently need cover in Midfield.
Snodgrass isn't one of my favourite players and he may not have the legs Cullen has but he'd always get the nod over Cullen in any team I put out. There's more to football than just running around. I don't expect Cullen to be another Ray Houghton. A sort of one that got away.

And tbh although I disagreed completely with selling Diangana I don't think he will either tbh.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:59 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:55 am

Snodgrass isn't one of my favourite players and he may not have the legs Cullen has but he'd always get the nod over Cullen in any team I put out. There's more to football than just running around. I don't expect Cullen to be another Ray Houghton. A sort of one that got away.

And tbh although I disagreed completely with selling Diangana I don't think he will either tbh.
If Snodgrass and Noble had the legs,then I'd be happy,but they haven`t.Cullen may not have their experience,but he will give you work rate.Surely that is what Moyes wants?

Post by 9898 »

This is quite a funny thread.
Everyone saying he is not good enough.....but we should keep him. Non league attitude.
Squad players should be able to push first team players in all multi million pound PL teams.
If you can't buy in the relevant quality squad players, concentrate on youth players, who may prove to be better than the first team players, to fill the squad.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Lot of truth in what you say, perhaps we should phrase it that he's not quite good enough but not as bad as some. Either way like you say we should concentrate on players who can come into the team and be good enough.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:04 am

If Snodgrass and Noble had the legs,then I'd be happy,but they haven`t.Cullen may not have their experience,but he will give you work rate.Surely that is what Moyes wants?
What I meant was that Snodgrass, despite his lack of pace, does occasiobnally create things and weighs in with goals. From what I've seen of Cullen, which I readily admit has largely been in friendly matches or Mickey Mouse cup games against crap teams, I've not seen him do anything like that. I'd describe him as a "busy" but safety first player. Wish him well in his career with Anderlecht but not losing any sleep over his departure.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:04 am

Moyes wants work rate from players can affect the game. No point in working hard if you create nothing.