And that was that

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: And that was that

Post by h69 »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:00 pm "Most probably because he will have to work at Porto". 2019-20 PL Stats Noble played (or was on pitch) 2684 mins and made 52 tackles. Anderson 1505 mins and made 46 tackles. So one played equivalent of 13 matches more and made just 6 tackles more. I know which one worked harder apart from what I saw with my own eyes. :) :)
I know you are obsessed with Noble but I am not making a case for him. Neither is good enough to play in our first team these days in my opinion.

Just because Anderson made a tacke or two more than Noble does not make him a better winger than Bowen or Antonio (or even Yarmolenko) especially after we paid nearly 40m for him.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

You accused him of being lazy. I merely used Nobes as a comparison because he is the player that some have always and still do put up as this person who sweats his bollocks off. In fact Anderson in the 2018-19 season made about 10 tackles less than Rice and the pair of them made almost twice as many as the next hard working player in our team. I think you are unfairly accusing him of being lazy when all the evidence suggests otherwise. I also saw yesterday that Wilshere has put out a statement stating he has been fit for the last 8 months. He is another who has been accused of trying to get out of playing.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

h69 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:44 pm
mkhammer wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:24 pm It's not about showboating...it's about being effective...Soucek is effective...Rice is effective...so can a little flick, a step
over, a dummy be effective..you need everything in your side,if you wanna be successful.....
you need your Brookings and Devos along side your Bonzos and Martins...thats what makes a team...
Grafters/Tough Tacklers and the Playmakers knitting together....you're to heavy one way or the other,you become a
mid table side,with the occassional relegation battle,gotta find that nice little balance.
Thats where the Manager comes in...he puts the team together...some Managers are to defensive,some try and
play clever football,with no bite in the side.
We've been both over the years...we've never found the Balance...maybe a couple times we've touched on it...
we know which teams and when.
Take Man City..all the Class they have...Dirty bunch of clinical fucks when they need to be...you need both sides.

My take is Anderson just hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip...he just doesn't play under Moyes...
And all this coming on for 3-4-5 mins now and again piss take....Andersons a better man than me cos I would tell Moyes
where to get off....maybe he has..... :lol:
I just think that the manager sees Bowen and Antonio playing well and Anderson not having had a good game for a year and makes the decision not to play him based on that.

He didnt want to leave apparently. Most probably because he will have to work at Porto.
Moyes sees it as Fornals or Anderson...they both get stuck out wide left,when they are better suited in a more free role/Central
thing......I see/saw it as ..a front 3 of Mickey-Haller-Bowen.......MF of Soucek -Rice..and a central playmaker...Anderson or Fornals
Always saw Anderson as the Better more experienced player...I've seen what he can do...Fornals very in and out..till last
2 Games...

We Can/could have gone sorry Anderson-Micky-Bowen...Fornals Centre with Dec and Soucek...
We've lost Options and Cover...an absolute crap piece of Management...whoever called it.....
Moyes was taking the piss with him..something underlying there....and with Our Owners Cost cutting,before they fuck off,
he's paid the consequencies.

Mate C'mon Lazy...you've been watching the wrong player....Also took a bad Knock bout 12 months ago..
Back/ribs in a heavy fall.....Lost his start cos of that...never had a run of games since...

We must be some side if we let players of his Skill leave...Porto seem to have spotted something,and prepared to
pay him a shit load to do it as well....they're no mugs.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:33 pm You accused him of being lazy. I merely used Nobes as a comparison because he is the player that some have always and still do put up as this person who sweats his bollocks off. In fact Anderson in the 2018-19 season made about 10 tackles less than Rice and the pair of them made almost twice as many as the next hard working player in our team. I think you are unfairly accusing him of being lazy when all the evidence suggests otherwise. I also saw yesterday that Wilshere has put out a statement stating he has been fit for the last 8 months. He is another who has been accused of trying to get out of playing.
I don't have a problem with Anderson going out on loan tbh. He played some very decent games for us early in Pellegrini's reign and has been good enough to get selected for Brazil, so there is a player in there. And we have seen that player, but unfortunately not recently. Granted he has hardly played so that's a bit catch 22 but when he has been put into the side he hasn't shone as he did early doors.

Apparently he has said he wants to come back to West Ham and prove himself. I hope he does because an on form Anderson will improve any side. But he has to get back the form he showed us early in his time with us and playing with better players at Porto, and probably in a system that suits him better, can only be beneficial. But, FFS, criticising the bloke because he is lazy is downright stupid. Ineffective in recent outings, certainly, but lazy? Not in a million years.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:43 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:44 pm

I just think that the manager sees Bowen and Antonio playing well and Anderson not having had a good game for a year and makes the decision not to play him based on that.

He didnt want to leave apparently. Most probably because he will have to work at Porto.
Moyes sees it as Fornals or Anderson...they both get stuck out wide left,when they are better suited in a more free role/Central
thing......I see/saw it as ..a front 3 of Mickey-Haller-Bowen.......MF of Soucek -Rice..and a central playmaker...Anderson or Fornals
Always saw Anderson as the Better more experienced player...I've seen what he can do...Fornals very in and out..till last
2 Games...

We Can/could have gone sorry Anderson-Micky-Bowen...Fornals Centre with Dec and Soucek...
We've lost Options and Cover...an absolute crap piece of Management...whoever called it.....
Moyes was taking the piss with him..something underlying there....and with Our Owners Cost cutting,before they fuck off,
he's paid the consequencies.

Mate C'mon Lazy...you've been watching the wrong player....Also took a bad Knock bout 12 months ago..
Back/ribs in a heavy fall.....Lost his start cos of that...never had a run of games since...

We must be some side if we let players of his Skill leave...Porto seem to have spotted something,and prepared to
pay him a shit load to do it as well....they're no mugs.
I think there is a good player in Anderson as well but it has been well over a year since we have seen it. I want the club to have a mentality that you have to play your way into the team and play well to keep your spot. That is clearly what Moyes is trying to build now.

I dont think Anderson is Lazy as such, more that he does not have the mentality to raise his game and win his place back. He needs to be like Balbuena who is only in the team because Diop got a positive test but has played well last two games and so should keep his spot and Diop should not walk back into the team.

Andersons job is not to make tackles and I would not care about how many of those he makes....his job as a wide player is to run and beat his opponent and make things happen. It is that side that is lacking.

Like I said, At Porto, Anderson needs to work hard to prove he can play well on a more consistent basis, then he can come back and fight for his place which recently was taken by Masuaku of all players. We have to stop picking players because they make a pretty pass once in a blue moon and because they are South American. We made that mistrake for far too long with Lanzini.

We have to have a mentality that if you play well you keep your place and if not you are out and need to fight for it back. That is the only way to make the players have a winning mentality. Is he up to that ? I am not sure but we will see. If he regains some form which was even patchy after his first few games then I would be happy to have him back.

h69

Post by h69 »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:33 pm You accused him of being lazy. I merely used Nobes as a comparison because he is the player that some have always and still do put up as this person who sweats his bollocks off. In fact Anderson in the 2018-19 season made about 10 tackles less than Rice and the pair of them made almost twice as many as the next hard working player in our team. I think you are unfairly accusing him of being lazy when all the evidence suggests otherwise. I also saw yesterday that Wilshere has put out a statement stating he has been fit for the last 8 months. He is another who has been accused of trying to get out of playing.
Tackling is only one part of the game. Anderson goes missing in too many games for me. I dont think he is lazy but I do think he may not have the stomach to raise his game and fight for his place

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

I would like to have seen him with a decent midfield to work with. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Teams worked out early on that you stop Anderson you stop West Ham and he would quickly have 2 sometimes even 3 on him and no one to help him. We'll never know anyway now and with this manager any player with flair will be discarded.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:01 pm I would like to have seen him with a decent midfield to work with. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Teams worked out early on that you stop Anderson you stop West Ham and he would quickly have 2 sometimes even 3 on him and no one to help him. We'll never know anyway now and with this manager any player with flair will be discarded.
Regardless of a player’s individual idiosyncrasies your last sentence is bang on .
That’s why Lanzini will be next out too.
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

For a so called “flair “ player I don’t think I’ve seen anyone give away or lose the ball so fucking much.

h69

Post by h69 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:06 pm For a so called “flair “ player I don’t think I’ve seen anyone give away or lose the ball so fucking much.
Lanzini may run him close. Lightweight and gives the ball away far too much.

Anyway, with all these flair players not getting in the side I guess we will have to put up with the dourness exemplified by the 7 goals we have scored in the last two games and actually moreover the number of goals we have scored since Lockdown.