And that was that

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: And that was that

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:37 am
thomasswe wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:08 am You lost me.. im either too young or too swedish to understand any of the last 5 references..
Back in the 70s if one wanted to appear fashionable one had to wear hideous trousers known as "flairs". These were usually accompanied by equally hideous footwear known as "platform shoes". I am too ashamed to post any pictures of me wearing that sort of crap although , unfortunately, confirm that some do exist. There are plenty of pictures on the web Tom. You Swedes obviously live very sheltered lives. ;)
flare noun (CLOTHES)
flares [ plural ] UK. trousers that get wider below the knee.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

thomasswe wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:08 am You lost me.. im either too young or too swedish to understand any of the last 5 references..
Back in the 70s if one wanted to appear fashionable one had to wear hideous trousers known as "flairs". These were usually accompanied by equally hideous footwear known as "platform shoes". I am too ashamed to post any pictures of me wearing that sort of crap although , unfortunately, confirm that some do exist. There are plenty of pictures on the web Tom. You Swedes obviously live very sheltered lives. ;)
Ah i´ve seen those, those existed here too probably but as i was born in 88 i unfortunately missed it

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Fucking ABBA wore some striking Lionels.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

thomasswe wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Ah i´ve seen those, those existed here too probably but as i was born in 88 i unfortunately missed it
As someone who was around in the 70s Tom I wouldn't consider you unfortunate. ;)

Those fucking shoes were a nightmare if you'd had a beer or three.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:47 pm
thomasswe wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:18 pm

As someone who was around in the 70s Tom I wouldn't consider you unfortunate. ;)

Your not wrong there ,many a chap in A&E after tottering around in them abominations and falling arse over head

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:51 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Your not wrong there ,many a chap in A&E after tottering around in them abominations and falling arse over head
And the fucking height of the things meant you had further to fall if you did lose your balance.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

They invented ABBA. Kings and queens of bell bottoms and platform shoes. He's having you on.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............