Could We See Another Leicester Season ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Could We See Another Leicester Season ?

Post by Whiskyman »

Looks like Alisson is going to be out of action for a while which must worry the Scousers as the same thing happened last season. And Adrian, although imo is still a decent keeper, isn't good enough to be No 1 in a CL or PL challenging side.

Manchester City ? Utter gash against Leeds imo. 23 attempts and only TWO on target. No Aguerro, same as last season, and they're only half the threat they usually are up front. And Aguerro always misses his fair share of matches.

Could my bet on Chelsea give me an unexpected bonus ? ;) Haven't looked too convincing so far but surely they'll get better. I thought I'd pick up the each way element of the bet and the offered odds and the fact it pays out on top 3, not 2, made it a no brainer, but fingers crossed.

Everton ? Looking good at the moment. Calvert-Lewin is on fire but can he keep it up ? And they look to have secured the bargain signing of all time with James Rodrigues.

And, whisper it quietly. but Mourinho is going to win something with Spurs. He actually does win football matches. Donm't see them mounting a serious challenge for the title but did anyone see Leicester doing it a few years ago ? And Reguilon could be the second best transfer deal of the window. Although on the evidence of Coufal's debut the £4 million we've spent is looking bloody good VFM as well.

Could be interesting.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Re: Could We See Another Leicester Season ?

Post by Ibbyham »

I put a bet on West Ham to win, Moyes will be our saviour and I will eat all my humble pies and mash :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

It could be a lot more interesting for a change.

Still fancy Liverpool or City,but they both have chinks in their armor now. I don`t care what anybody says,you get seven knocked past you,it puts doubt in the mind.

I wouldn`t rule out Everton or Tottenham..Mourinho has got them playing now and it wouldn't surprise me at all.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:37 pm It could be a lot more interesting for a change.

Still fancy Liverpool or City,but they both have chinks in their armor now. I don`t care what anybody says,you get seven knocked past you,it puts doubt in the mind.

I wouldn`t rule out Everton or Tottenham..Mourinho has got them playing now and it wouldn't surprise me at all.
I think City may win it this time now Aguero is back assuming he stays fit...with red scousers second but it will be closer. Man Utd look utter shite though and I reckon Arsenal, Everton and Spurs will finish above them .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:41 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:37 pm It could be a lot more interesting for a change.

I think City may win it this time now Aguero is back assuming he stays fit...with red scousers second but it will be closer. Man Utd look utter shite though and I reckon Arsenal, Everton and Spurs will finish above them .
I'm not sure about City tbh. Love watching them but, frankly, they are only half as effective when Aguerro is missing. And historically he misses big chunks of the season. Against Leeds they had 23 attempts and only 2 were on target. That's not just bad, it's pathetic. Tbh I'm amazed they haven't broken the bank and signed someone like Kane. Which would of course also weaken one of the clubs who could potentially challenge as well as improving their own chances.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Don't forget Wolves. I know we beat them off the park, but this season they don't have the Europa League to worry about and they have lost a couple of players, but they have also got some very new young signings, whilst retaining the spine of their team.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:43 pm I put a bet on West Ham to win, Moyes will be our saviour and I will eat all my humble pies and mash :lol:
With plenty of liquor on the plate Ibbs. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

The thing above all others that contributed to Leicester's title win was the lack of injuries.

I can't be arsed to look at the actual stats but from memory they used about 16 players. I remember the 2-2 draw when AC gave away the penalty and Ulloa scored. He rarely started.

With our depleted squad, although the midget could still get in a free agent or a Luton reserve, we hope we benefit this season from the same fortune. Not that we ourselves will do a Leicester. But Villa would be my outside bet. Grealish or Mings being out for any length of time and they'd be fucked however.

Although once the dust settles it's 99% certain that the winner will come from the usual suspects.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:11 am The thing above all others that contributed to Leicester's title win was the lack of injuries.

I can't be arsed to look at the actual stats but from memory they used about 16 players. I remember the 2-2 draw when AC gave away the penalty and Ulloa scored. He rarely started.

With our depleted squad, although the midget could still get in a free agent or a Luton reserve, we hope we benefit this season from the same fortune. Not that we ourselves will do a Leicester. But Villa would be my outside bet. Grealish or Mings being out for any length of time and they'd be fucked however.

Although once the dust settles it's 99% certain that the winner will come from the usual suspects.
Well obviously given my financial interest I am lustily belting out Blue Is The Colour but they haven't looked particularly impressive so far. In any case even if they did come through on the rails it would hardly be a Leicester-esque sized shock. I'm inclibed to think Liverpool will still retain the title as Manchester City sans Aguerro, and he does tend to get injured a lot, are only half the team they are with him. Against Leeds they had 23 attempts of which only 2 were on target. And if they're not scoring there'#s always the danger of a breakaway goal against them as happened frequently last season. Another of their key players, at least imo, is Fernandinho,. And he's not getting any younger is he ?

My rank outsider would be our friends from N17 tbh. On paper they have done decent business in improving the squad and are managed by a serial winner. It would be a big shock but these are funny old times.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Its very early into the season but Everton look really good so far. They have a good squad that has been underperforming for a few years but now they have a really good manager in Ancelotti.

Rodriguez looks like a real catch.