Harry Maguire. Worst Transfer Deal Ever ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Harry Maguire. Worst Transfer Deal Ever ?

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

To be fair Dyer did have his leg broken in a cup game shortly after signing .
A pretty bad break by all accounts.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:00 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:07 pm

We've made a few of those over the years mate. Kieron Dyer, Andy Carroll and now Wheelchair. Maybe it's part of the club's DNA that we have to have a resident sicknote on the books.

Is there still time for us to offer Phil Jones a contract ?
I would actually add Anderson to the list he may not get injuries but he plays like he has and you would think he had one being as we see nothing of him in the league , and we definitely paid over what he is actually worth .
Anderson had his moments in Pellegrini's first season and on his day proved he can be a match winner. But clearly Moyes doesn't fancy him so it's best he goes. Even if there are those on here qwho would prefer him to Fornals in the team. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I'd leave him off the "worst buy" list because unlike Dyer, Carroll and Wheelchair we should at least be able to get some sort of fee for him when he goes. And we do have a few brief memories of him influencing games in that first season.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:04 am To be fair Dyer did have his leg broken in a cup game shortly after signing .
A pretty bad break by all accounts.
Remember that. It was at Bristol City if I remember correctly. But he already had a pretty impressive record of injuries when he joined us. The leg break was the icing on the cake.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:38 pm Jack Wilshere is a very expensive mistake. 19 appearances and paid in excess of £20M

and lets remember most of those appearances had very limited positive contributions. How does he do it
We've made a few of those over the years mate. Kieron Dyer, Andy Carroll and now Wheelchair. Maybe it's part of the club's DNA that we have to have a resident sicknote on the books.

I liked Jack's farewell message to West Ham - where he acknowledges it didn't turn out too well, reflected he was still a young man at 28 and would be seeking a new contract elsewhere, to continue what he does...essentially trouser another £10-20M, pass a football over a short distance for limited playing periods and injure his ankle, knee, thigh, doing things which he shouldn't be doing.

I suspect vol 2 of his autobiography will be packed with exciting tales and insights...

h69

Post by h69 »

Remember Joey Beauchamp. Was with us for one preseason.

Signed from Oxford but then decided the commute to Chadwell Heath was too much to drive each day and so we sold him to Swindon.

Never played a proper game in anger. Epic Harry Redknapp era signing.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:30 am

I liked Jack's farewell message to West Ham - where he acknowledges it didn't turn out too well, reflected he was still a young man at 28 and would be seeking a new contract elsewhere, to continue what he does...essentially trouser another £10-20M, pass a football over a short distance for limited playing periods and injure his ankle, knee, thigh, doing things which he shouldn't be doing.

I suspect vol 2 of his autobiography will be packed with exciting tales and insights...
Probably peeved he can’t ponce the rest of his contract money and fuck around being the prankster.
Will not be missed.

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:30 pm Remember Joey Beauchamp. Was with us for one preseason.

Signed from Oxford but then decided the commute to Chadwell Heath was too much to drive each day and so we sold him to Swindon.

Up there with the David Unsworth signing too
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:28 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:30 pm Remember Joey Beauchamp. Was with us for one preseason.

I thought Unsworth a good player for us . Not his fault his old lady wore the trousers .
🤣
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:47 am
JayK wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:28 pm

I thought Unsworth a good player for us . Not his fault his old lady wore the trousers .
🤣
She must have been one thick mare, trouser wearer or not. After he joined Villa didn't she say something along the lines of I didn't know Birmingham was so far from Liverpool ?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

You mean there was a brown paper bag involved?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............