Leicester City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by ToneLoc »

👍🏻
Attachments
DD5B4B1B-AA06-4B85-A50B-CC2F51FF09CE.jpeg
DD5B4B1B-AA06-4B85-A50B-CC2F51FF09CE.jpeg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 1137 times
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:25 pm The Arse 2up v the whippet fuckers
The toffs losing a Wolves
Baggies fucked again

Keeps all the shit away from us
Villa hopefully stuffed tonight
No need to worry, we are no worse than a mid table side ,maybe a bit higher, with the correct personnel on the pitch and bench

h69

Post by h69 »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:22 pm 7 goals scored, 0 conceded vs Wolves and Leicester. What creative problems and what defensive problems? :lol:

Wow. I actually had us down for like 1 point from our first 8 games and am a bit lost for words to be honest. Did not see the last 2 league performances coming at all and feared after the League cup debacle we'd just revert to type and end up having our tummies tickled. We've got some extremely tough games coming up still but if we can take this attitude and application in to these games, then teams should be fearing us, not the other way around.

Kudos to the coaching staff and the players. Keep it up.
Ever since they started working with the players on tactics during lockdown we look a far more organised side.

Now we appear to be buying players who fit into a philosophy that is based around hard work rather than buying players that we have to change our style for. That is a far better way of doing things.

And creatively Fornals appears to be thriving in a MF with Rice and Soucek.

As long as we still have Rice on Tuesday morning we will be a decent side this season

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:16 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:11 pm

Trying to work out what justification that is for being on the bench. Surely you have players on the bench that can change the course of a match and I don't mean for the worse. Several great performances lately , which is no surprise to many of us, but the danger still lurks.
Need to keep the same 11 on pitch and the less Noble on the pitch, the better but he still can be on the bench to keep eye on players.
What is the point of having players on the bench who do not make a contribution when on the pitch , unless like today Noble doesn't even attempt to make a tackle and they score , at least VAR turned it round for us . In my eyes Noble doesn't warrant a place on the bench at all .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:59 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:16 pm
Need to keep the same 11 on pitch and the less Noble on the pitch, the better but he still can be on the bench to keep eye on players.
What is the point of having players on the bench who do not make a contribution when on the pitch , unless like today Noble doesn't even attempt to make a tackle and they score , at least VAR turned it round for us . In my eyes Noble doesn't warrant a place on the bench at all .
Probably still got the hump us selling Diagana.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

The way we play especially our attack , is all about work rate , pressing and covering the pitch , they at times must be exhausted , and so must the opposition , yet Moyes leaves them out there to long in my eyes and gives the opposition defence a rest .
We need players on the bench who can at least show some resemblance and the attributes of those being taken off , How is Haller anything like Antonio ? , how is Noble anything Bowen ? . I can understand having a different type of player available tactically to change things if needed on the bench ( but Moyes doesn't do change ) we had them on the ropes and should have carried on bounding them , we were 0-3 up on the 83 minute yet no subs came on till the 88 minute .

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:11 pm The way we play especially our attack , is all about work rate , pressing and covering the pitch , they at times must be exhausted , and so must the opposition , yet Moyes leaves them out there to long in my eyes and gives the opposition defence a rest .
We need players on the bench who can at least show some resemblance and the attributes of those being taken off , How is Haller anything like Antonio ? , how is Noble anything Bowen ? . I can understand having a different type of player available tactically to change things if needed on the bench ( but Moyes doesn't do change ) we had them on the ropes and should have carried on bounding them , we were 0-3 up on the 83 minute yet no subs came on till the 88 minute .
The reason why late subs came because our strength in depth is not as strong as it shown against Everton that Anderson, Lanzini and Haller are a bit too weak and Noble is 33 and his legs is not as quick as he used to be. Hope to stick the same 11 as long as we can and hope no hiccup during international break which I never like and why England have 3 games? the players need to rest at least a week so I hope Rice will play 1 or 2 game max.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:15 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:11 pm The way we play especially our attack , is all about work rate , pressing and covering the pitch , they at times must be exhausted , and so must the opposition , yet Moyes leaves them out there to long in my eyes and gives the opposition defence a rest .
The reason why late subs came because our strength in depth is not as strong as it shown against Everton that Anderson, Lanzini and Haller are a bit too weak and Noble is 33 and his legs is not as quick as he used to be. Hope to stick the same 11 as long as we can and hope no hiccup during international break which I never like and why England have 3 games? the players need to rest at least a week so I hope Rice will play 1 or 2 game max.
So what is the point of sending Noble on ? , cant tackle , cant run , players off the bench should be able to make a contribution in some way on the pitch when you are winning 3-0 , he offers nothing , pretty sure one of the youngsters could have came on and done a better job , but alas Moyes is to stubborn and stuck in his ways to change things ( so much for the RB Model he keeps mentioning) .

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Fantastic result. The problem is and we have seen it this week, if it's not those 11,we look fucked. Cotton wool??
Covid in the Boardroom

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Good result today all played their parts but...what I was really impressed about was that the team came out at halftime and all had a warm up session.....surely this will help reducing those muscle injuries we always seem to suffer.....is this down to Moyes.....or someone else?