Leicester City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

Barring any further injuries, got to be same again from Wolves game.
So Johnson in for Fredericks, or maybe Coufal. ;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

garnett

Post by garnett »

I like most part time gamblers will flutter on Vardi getting at least a brace in a +2.5 goals game where we will be lucky to contribute.

5 or 4 at the back is irrelevant because as a defensive unit including our hoard of holding midfielders, we aren`t very good at it.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

we will score but think they will score more

hoping I'm wrong

think it will be a good game, just hope we play well whufc_crest

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

garnett wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:29 am I like most part time gamblers will flutter on Vardi getting at least a brace in a +2.5 goals game where we will be lucky to contribute.

5 or 4 at the back is irrelevant because as a defensive unit including our hoard of holding midfielders, we aren`t very good at it.
We've shown improvement with the back 3 with 2 wb, plus Rice & Soucek in midfield. The Newcastle game was bust as Rice played 3 games in a week and Soucek had been in Covid isolation. Since that game those 2 with Bowen, Antonio and Fornals have bossed it and hope they continue to do so against a good defensive side in Leicester. I also think the pace o Arfur without the added worry of being the last line of defense makes good sense too.
If we don't come out flat, we could nick points here!
#fuckqatar2022

h69

Post by h69 »

Dagger wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:48 pm we will score but think they will score more

hoping I'm wrong

2-2

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

The only thing we are consistent at is inconsistency. Impossible to predict how this will go. Will Everton affect us like Oxford did last season? Or will we kick on from Wolves?

I predict a tonking, but did against Wolves, unfortunately I cant see the same capitulation from Leicester.

Vardy is 75% chance of being fit according to JP. Hopefully he is not 100% and if we put Oggy on him and we have a chance.

Now Moyes has reverted to 5 at the back and it has worked, we need to stick to that and I would like to get Antonio & Haller together, with Bowen and we need a grafter in the #10 role which would be Fornals - but we cant fit in all 4 with 5 at the back. Rice & Soucek are a given.

If we go 3-4-3
Fab
Balbuena Oggy Cress
Johnson Rice Soucek Arthur
Bowen Antonio ???

Who goes there? No point Fornals with Arthur on the wing - would be harsh to drop him, but you could put Haller up top and move Antonio out, but then you have no #10 and you are relying on the wingers (will be tough to do that against Leicester and one being 19 and not proven to be a wingback) or Rice/Soucek coming forward.

Or if we go 5-4-1 / 5-2-3
Fab
Johnson Balbuena Oggy Cress Arthur
Bowen Rice Soucek ???
Antonio

Who goes on the left, again we have Arthur there and it is shoe horning in Fornals because he offers more than the others. Ideally it should be Pam, but his mind seems to be back on the beach with Yasmine and Hasselhoff. Again we could put Haller up top and move Antonio over, but same issue with no Fornals or #10. We can't drop Antonio or Bowen with their form. We have some good players, but a lopsided team...

Or if the new boy is a traditional RB and as Johnson is more comfortable there, do we go to a back 4 if that is what the future will be? Or will Moyes make Coufal a wingback? Everton suggest we need 5 against those sort of teams, but 4 does fix the other problem other than incl Haller if we use Arthur as a traditional winger.

4-5-1
Fab
Johnson Balbuena Oggy Cress
or
Ashby Balbuena Oggy Johnson (bit risky against Leicester)
Bowen Rice Fornals Soucek Arthur
Antonio

So many questions.... but my bet is it is going to be option 2 with Fornals, I'd like it to be more 3-4-1-2 with Fornals in the #10 behind between Rice/Soucek & Bowen/Antonio. It should be Lanzini or even Wilshere, but we can't play either on current form and against a team like Leicester IMO isn't a time for them to try and pull some form out of their ass. Of course that is what subs are for to give these boys some confidence when you are 3-0 up and cruising with 20 to go....

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:20 pm
Dagger wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:48 pm we will score but think they will score more

hoping I'm wrong

2-2
Desmond
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BCHammer wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:13 pm The only thing we are consistent at is inconsistency. Impossible to predict how this will go. Will Everton affect us like Oxford did last season? Or will we kick on from Wolves?

I predict a tonking, but did against Wolves, unfortunately I cant see the same capitulation from Leicester.

Vardy is 75% chance of being fit according to JP. Hopefully he is not 100% and if we put Oggy on him and we have a chance.

Now Moyes has reverted to 5 at the back and it has worked, we need to stick to that and I would like to get Antonio & Haller together, with Bowen and we need a grafter in the #10 role which would be Fornals - but we cant fit in all 4 with 5 at the back. Rice & Soucek are a given.

If we go 3-4-3
Fab
Balbuena Oggy Cress
Johnson Rice Soucek Arthur
Bowen Antonio ???

Who goes there? No point Fornals with Arthur on the wing - would be harsh to drop him, but you could put Haller up top and move Antonio out, but then you have no #10 and you are relying on the wingers (will be tough to do that against Leicester and one being 19 and not proven to be a wingback) or Rice/Soucek coming forward.

Or if we go 5-4-1 / 5-2-3
Fab
Johnson Balbuena Oggy Cress Arthur
Bowen Rice Soucek ???
Antonio

Who goes on the left, again we have Arthur there and it is shoe horning in Fornals because he offers more than the others. Ideally it should be Pam, but his mind seems to be back on the beach with Yasmine and Hasselhoff. Again we could put Haller up top and move Antonio over, but same issue with no Fornals or #10. We can't drop Antonio or Bowen with their form. We have some good players, but a lopsided team...

Or if the new boy is a traditional RB and as Johnson is more comfortable there, do we go to a back 4 if that is what the future will be? Or will Moyes make Coufal a wingback? Everton suggest we need 5 against those sort of teams, but 4 does fix the other problem other than incl Haller if we use Arthur as a traditional winger.

4-5-1
Fab
Johnson Balbuena Oggy Cress
or
Ashby Balbuena Oggy Johnson (bit risky against Leicester)
Bowen Rice Fornals Soucek Arthur
Antonio

So many questions.... but my bet is it is going to be option 2 with Fornals, I'd like it to be more 3-4-1-2 with Fornals in the #10 behind between Rice/Soucek & Bowen/Antonio. It should be Lanzini or even Wilshere, but we can't play either on current form and against a team like Leicester IMO isn't a time for them to try and pull some form out of their ass. Of course that is what subs are for to give these boys some confidence when you are 3-0 up and cruising with 20 to go....
Good post BC...... :D

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Seriously............Fuck Knows.....

Was confident in getting something before the Everton collapse in 2nd half...but it'll be pretty much a
different team..with hopefully most players in more or less their best positions...so confidence wouldn't have taken
to much of a hit...

Be Surprised if it aint...Fab...Balbeuna...Oggy...Cress......Ben J.....Declan...Fornals....Soucek....Arthur..Micky....Bowen...
He might just might make us all happy... :lol: ... and stick Nobes in for Fornals...If he wants to tighten it up...
Thats Moyes' team ..not mine...I like 3 attackers....4-3-3.........3-4-3....or similar..,but we tend to run a bit scared of that
set up... :lol:

Happy with a point...
See what teams are before have a bet ...

Not taking the piss outta Nobes by the way...love the man...but doesn't start for me anymore,but will still get
Game time...we still need him...

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'm pretty certain Coufal wasn't registered in time.

But either way, Leicester look the real deal again and as they say in the Eurovision song contest when marking the UK entry.....Nil points.