Everton vs West Ham League Cup Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Shortshanks

Re: Everton vs West Ham League Cup Match Thread

Post by Shortshanks »

My opinion is that this is a performance down to Moyes. Too many give him credit for our recent best performances citing his team selection and tactics etc when in reality it's nothing to do with him as he has been forced into those changes by injury. We all knew what was going to happen as soon as we saw the team. I'm amazed the possession stats were so good.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Why even make changes to the team that played Hull ? Why move Johnson to the RB and play Cresswell on the left ( when Johnson and Anderson had done so well ) Why replace Ashby at RB ? When he looked fantastic .Why bring in Noble , Rice should have played in midfield and kept Alese at CB or played Ogbonna next to Balbuena . I can understand changing the midfield especially as Evertons is so good at the moment , but Snodgrass and Noble . Moyes caused the problems we had tonight .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Yep , they wasn’t even trying . https://www.football.london/west-ham-un ... s-19027687

Moyes out. Still.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:30 pm Why even make changes to the team that played Hull ? Why move Johnson to the RB and play Cresswell on the left ( when Johnson and Anderson had done so well ) Why replace Ashby at RB ? When he looked fantastic .Why bring in Noble , Rice should have played in midfield and kept Alese at CB or played Ogbonna next to Balbuena . I can understand changing the midfield especially as Evertons is so good at the moment , but Snodgrass and Noble . Moyes caused the problems we had tonight .
Didn't see the game so maybe shouldn't comment but from what I've read it appears Rice had a mare in defence. If so it adds weight to the theory that his best position is in midfield. I would like to have seen Alese or Baptiste, maybe even both, given a run out against decent opposition to see how they coped.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Didn't watch it but not surprised.

As good as Everton have been so far, this cup represents the only real chance of silverware so they were always going to field a strong team and they are much better than us especially as they've spent a fortune on a new midfield whereas the dwarf has bought a sheep called Roger to chew the grass at the training ground after he sacked the groundsman.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well cant say im surprised, its just Typical of us anyway.

If this is our attempt for going for the cups, well you could have fooled me. Sullivan handed out the license but Moyes did the driving and by reading this it seems he was driving in the wrong lane.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Why bother to win the first two rounds if the intention was to capitulate at the first real challenge of the competition.

Accepting that the winners prize money is very slim and without attendances the games are non profitable, then elimination is not financially important.

But, when your not competing in Europe, what's the point of a large squad of unused expensive players. And why bother to try and add any one else ?

Moyes is mad, Sullivan always looks through the wrong end of a telescope and both of them think they can see round corners...

Gold and Brady just get on with their day-to-day wealth accumulation and let the two little shits squabble like children...and with the same outcome - achieve fuck all and break all the toys...

garnett

Post by garnett »

Oh dear, promised so much delivered so little, Declan`s price plummeted last night, one of my pet hates is turning away from a shot, its not like the balls are smothered in dubbin as I had to face up to, another pet hate is watching so called talented skillful players not having the bollocks to run at / take on defenders and favour the easy back pass, I speak of course about our brazillian or is he ?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

tassiehammer wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:18 pm Now we're at the dizzy height of 11th after 3 games fuck all the cup runs and press on for glory in the Champions league. :)
goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:) . Go tassie.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Irvine apparently was waiting for Moyes to call but our gallant leader fell asleep cuddling his favourite teddy Noble.