West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Shortshanks

Re: West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Post by Shortshanks »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:41 am Shite against NUFC losing 0-2 , did well against what looked a poor performing Arsenal who where more clinical in front of goal beating us 2-1 , and overran a poor performing Wolves and scored a few winning 4-0 , or did we just make Arsenal and Wolves look poor ? .
One enforced change from the team that lost at Arsenal and that was Balbuena in for Diop , but the biggest change I could see on the pitch was the movement of our front three and how well Masuaku was getting down the left flank .
Even our back 3 looked solid .
So what does this all mean , have we become a much better side from the one that was so poor against NUFC , in my eyes we looked like we actually knew what we were doing .
Moyes appears to have got it tactically right , and the selection , only time will tell .
Though why he left it so late to bring on Haller we were cruising from the 75 minute , and why was Noble brought on for Bowen ? when we had Yarmalenko and Anderson on the bench .
Onwards and upwards hopefully , COYI . whufc_crest
Only reasons i can see for Nobel instead of anderson or Yarmelenko are A: A pat on the back B: Keeping a clean sheet, and the latter two arent renowned for defence or tracking back.
And Noble or is it the prize is ? :lol: :lol: :lol: No good getting back when the ball is in the back of the net

palerider

Post by palerider »

Shortshanks wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:28 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am

Only reasons i can see for Nobel instead of anderson or Yarmelenko are A: A pat on the back B: Keeping a clean sheet, and the latter two arent renowned for defence or tracking back.
And Noble or is it the prize is ? :lol: :lol: :lol: No good getting back when the ball is in the back of the net
Barring a really long injury list, Noble's only appearances should now be in cup games, and even then I'd sooner see Josh Cullen once he's shaken off ebola.

Post by 9898 »

Last night was more about Wolves thinking they could stroll the match.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

9898 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:34 pm Last night was more about Wolves thinking they could stroll the match.
Lets see who takes the trolls bait....

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:24 pm Well, I certainly never saw that coming. Fair play to whoever decided to move Cresswell in as a left sided CD and use Masuaku in his proper role as a midfielder. Everyone put in a shift.

In fairness that's two decent performances in a row following on from the Newcastle shit fest.
“use Masuaku in his proper role as a midfielder”
Ridiculous it’s taken this long and that he’s played so little there though.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Dagger wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:42 am
jameskel wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:11 am Really good win

Noble cannot get back in the team
Diop Likewise

Haller can fuck off. I would sell the miserable cunt today
don't think Haller has ever showed any emotion when scoring, think Hales of Charlton then at ours was the same

think there is a good player in there providing his not played up on his own
No he doesn't, or very rarely, even when playing in Germany.

Apparently that makes him a moody cunt who can fuck off :roll:

hd1

Post by hd1 »

9898 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:34 pm Last night was more about Wolves thinking they could stroll the match.
Thanks for proving me right.

This was half time in the match thread.
hd1 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:01 pm No doubt the critics will be saying Wolves are playing poorly :roll:
You're so predictable :lol:

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:32 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:28 pm

Barring a really long injury list, Noble's only appearances should now be in cup games, and even then I'd sooner see Josh Cullen once he's shaken off ebola.

I concur.
But I do think that young Cullen is being a bit of a wuss. I've had covid, ebola, swine flu, and rabies in the last few months and came through with flying colours. At one point I went down to 3 stone and lived on figs and bird seed.
I tell ya, it's a good job we're not fighting the Hun today, with all these wankers floating about we'd be waltzing around in jackboots listening to Marlene Dietrich LP's, before you could shout vors sprung dirk techniq.
Absolute piss wipes.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:26 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:32 pm

I concur.
But I do think that young Cullen is being a bit of a wuss. I've had covid, ebola, swine flu, and rabies in the last few months and came through with flying colours. At one point I went down to 3 stone and lived on figs and bird seed.
I tell ya, it's a good job we're not fighting the Hun today, with all these wankers floating about we'd be waltzing around in jackboots listening to Marlene Dietrich LP's, before you could shout vors sprung dirk techniq.
Absolute piss wipes.
Indeed my learned friend.

There does seem to be a bit of a nappy-wearing with the lad.

When I was captured and tortured by Mossad for sticking a pin in Gold's colostomy bag as he came out of the Hap el Sh'eva synagogue in Golders Green last year I was given a dose of bubonic plague and had my left leg sawn off. I escaped, stitched it back with a bit of old clothes-line and some rusty barbed wire and was still back to score four strikes for the Three Horseshoes in the North Mendip skittles league the next day.

Kids these days ?

Tossers.

Bring back national service I say.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

hd1 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:20 pm
Dagger wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:42 am

don't think Haller has ever showed any emotion when scoring, think Hales of Charlton then at ours was the same

think there is a good player in there providing his not played up on his own
No he doesn't, or very rarely, even when playing in Germany.

Apparently that makes him a moody cunt who can fuck off :roll:
Best to employ a tosser like Jim Davidson and get him to tell a few jokes and pick the team from the ones who laugh loudest.