West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

ToneLoc wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:18 pm https://www.teamtalk.com/news/west-ham- ... olves-home

Tring Tring !
“Errr..... Alan?”
“Yes David?”
“Errrr... I want ye to pull Fornals out of the middle and put him on the left wing then substitute Anderson for Noble”.
“Sorry David you’re breaking up terrible mon.... cannae hear a word you’re sayin”.
“Errr I said......”
“No, line’s terrible David, cannae hear a word. Can ye call back later mon?”
Alan Irvine will been in charge of a drone flying over the stadium, so Moyes can watch.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Another loss and another weekend ruined no doubt. No disrespect, but to think that we are running scared of Wolves these days, sums it up.
At least we used to stand a chance.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Would be nice just to score a goal against them, we haven’t done that yet since they returned to PL.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Well with the outlook over the London Stadium tomorrow looking to be overcast and a barmy 14 degrees , the players will definitely have to run around to keep warm .
And up against a team we haven't scored against since their return to the Premier League , gives us some sort of incentive I should think .
Problem is Moyes will be at home watching the match relaying messages to Irvine via a series of technological wonders , its bad enough when Moyes is on the side line making subs how much longer will it be before Irvine does it .
Cannot see any reason why he should change the formation from the one he used against Arsenal , But he will have to change the selection ( because of Diop ) .
Geo came up with a brilliant solution on a video last night and that is to put Rice in the back three , and play Fornals next to Soucek ( at least we would have some creativity in midfield , and a very hard worker ) , especially as it is Wolves ( who do not have much pace in the centre ) .
Would like to see Antonio , Haller and Bowen as a front three .
Many would pick Masuaku and Fredericks as the wingbacks/midfielders , but I really do not trust them as they do not offer us a level of consistency , I would like to take a risk and play Johnson and Ashby , I want to win , not to try not to lose .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Detecting a distinct lack of enthusiasm on here for this one...... :lol:

Don't usually say this, but quite a big game this one..confidence wise anyway..we really need something outta this one
happy with a draw TBH...really don't want them sticking 3 past us.
Wolves really impress me,what they've done,how they play...gonna be a tough game,hopefully a good one to watch.

We really need to get at sides...means we need some creativity CMF...for christs sake we have enough who we can
put in there...we all know who they are...me I love Anderson,would stick him in there,but no doubt he'll get his 4/5 mins
at the end....but Lanza,Fornals in there I'd be happy....Micky,Haller,Bowen/Yarmo forward...easy...

But Moyes aint gonna do that...be the usual starting set up...which can still nick it,but makes it 60/40 wolves favour,
we get at them,play with intent,puts that in our favour.

Backing both teams to score...us at just over 6/1....Wolves and the draw both at 7/2...so long as both score,win whatever
result is...Nice bit if we win...very small profit we don't.

So get yer money on 0-0..... :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:59 am Detecting a distinct lack of enthusiasm on here for this one...... :lol:

Don't usually say this, but quite a big game this one..confidence wise anyway..we really need something outta this one
happy with a draw TBH...really don't want them sticking 3 past us.
Wolves really impress me,what they've done,how they play...gonna be a tough game,hopefully a good one to watch.

We really need to get at sides...means we need some creativity CMF...for christs sake we have enough who we can
put in there...we all know who they are...me I love Anderson,would stick him in there,but no doubt he'll get his 4/5 mins
at the end....but Lanza,Fornals in there I'd be happy....Micky,Haller,Bowen/Yarmo forward...easy...

But Moyes aint gonna do that...be the usual starting set up...which can still nick it,but makes it 60/40 wolves favour,
we get at them,play with intent,puts that in our favour.

Backing both teams to score...us at just over 6/1....Wolves and the draw both at 7/2...so long as both score,win whatever
result is...Nice bit if we win...very small profit we don't.

So get yer money on 0-0..... :lol:
Good luck 🙈
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Couldn’t care less anymore

0-6

Noni

Post by Noni »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:12 am Couldn’t care less anymore

0-6
I bit early to lose hope at this stage, the season has just begun!... :lol:

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Castiron wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:10 am Another loss and another weekend ruined no doubt. No disrespect, but to think that we are running scared of Wolves these days, sums it up.
At least we used to stand a chance.
When I first started supporting West Ham back in 1989, West Ham beat Wolves 4-0 and I looked on West Ham head to head with Wolves and West Ham were clearly the better side and have a good home record against them.

Now since that billionnaire took over Wolves, West Ham did NOT get a single point against them, just like Man City did to us after we used to have good record against Man City especially at Upton Park with 4-1, 4-2, 3-1, 3-0 win in early Premier League years.

I just wish clubs stop getting billionnaire and taking over us. Bring back football of the 1990s as it was a better shape and West Ham used to finish top 10 4 times. Now it is a distant memory and I have lost confident of us getting ANY results from any teams in Premier League due to our POOR ownership who made West Ham a laughing stock.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I can tell we are all looking forward to this game? :lol:

You`d think after hammering Hull and after a decent performance at Arsenal,we has fans would be a bit more up for it?

We saw some great Entertainment in thee week,but it will go back to type one and to a negative line up.Moyes directing operations from his bed,somewhere in Essex :? :lol:

If we get a point,I won`t be too unhappy tbh..11/4 with Bookies..They must rate Wolves big time.