The Official West Ham v Hull City (third round) EFL Cup

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: The Official West Ham v Hull City (third round) EFL Cup

Post by Ibbyham »

Need Fleetwood to beat Everton as I expect Everton to rest their 1st team players.

whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Towie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 pm Nice easy win, if only we could have a defence who could play behind that front 4.
If only that front 4 could play like that in the prem , we wouldn't need a defence. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

tassiehammer wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:04 am
Towie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 pm Nice easy win, if only we could have a defence who could play behind that front 4.
If only that front 4 could play like that in the prem , we wouldn't need a defence. :)
Have they ever been given the chance with a good solid creative no weaknesses pacy midfield behind them ? :(

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:21 am
tassiehammer wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:04 am

Have they ever been given the chance with a good solid creative no weaknesses pacy midfield behind them ? :(
Not sure they have even all been fit at the same time to play together , but now they are so changes should be made now to the starting eleven .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Nice win ,happy with that everyone played well....really impressed with Alesi and especially Ashby, both had great games...
Stick Rice and Soucek in,in place of Snod and Wilshere,wouldn't be upset if that 11 started more games TBH.
More than happy with Ben J starting,Slowly work Ashby in(thought he'd done his ribs,looks like just a dislocated finger)
And maybe this FB prob is not as bad as we thought.
Snatches of the old Jack....but looks like was told to sit deep,but had a quiet game nonetheless.

Nice seeing what Anderson,and Lanza can do for a bit, how we don't use either of them Fucking beggars believe..
Mickey-Haller-Bowen/Yarmo..(tough call that one now)......Anderson/Lanza...Anderson for me,free role in MF,with
Rice and Soucek....makings of a side I wouldn't enjoy playing against.

If was Haller or Anderson,and could get similar money elsewhere ,I'd be off....seems like even Arthur gets the nod over Anderson
now....Keeps that up, Moyes will lose me.

But seems like he sees the Micky up top with Fornals and Bowen as wide MFers with Nobes is the way to go...
totally disagree,our strength now is our attack,make the most of it.

Keep saying it we have the players...just disagree on the way he uses them.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:39 am Nice win ,happy with that everyone played well....really impressed with Alesi and especially Ashby, both had great games...
Stick Rice and Soucek in,in place of Snod and Wilshere,wouldn't be upset if that 11 started more games TBH.
More than happy with Ben J starting,Slowly work Ashby in(thought he'd done his ribs,looks like just a dislocated finger)
And maybe this FB prob is not as bad as we thought.
Snatches of the old Jack....but looks like was told to sit deep,but had a quiet game nonetheless.

Nice seeing what Anderson,and Lanza can do for a bit, how we don't use either of them Fucking beggars believe..
Mickey-Haller-Bowen/Yarmo..(tough call that one now)......Anderson/Lanza...Anderson for me,free role in MF,with
Rice and Soucek....makings of a side I wouldn't enjoy playing against.

If was Haller or Anderson,and could get similar money elsewhere ,I'd be off....seems like even Arthur gets the nod over Anderson
now....Keeps that up, Moyes will lose me.

But seems like he sees the Micky up top with Fornals and Bowen as wide MFers with Nobes is the way to go...
totally disagree,our strength now is our attack,make the most of it.

Keep saying it we have the players...just disagree on the way he uses them.
Got to say I totally agree MK , Keep being told opposition CB's are terrified of Antonio ( probably because they are afraid he may damage them for life when he runs through them ) , but think the whole defence would be terrified of what Haller - Anderson - Yarmalenko and Lanzini could do to them .

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

The way Anderson, Lanzini and Haller played that game was really promising, considering how we been playing recently I hope they get included against Wolves.

Since we've done no transfer activity and strengthened no areas, sort of players we expect stuff from like Haller, Anderson and Lanzini need to step up if we want to avoid relegation.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Good confidence booster...
You can only play against whats in front of you...
Hull looked like an amateur park side at best...
And you think our defence is shite...

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:39 am

Probably because against Premier League opposition they looked rank for more or less the whole season last year.

Thought Yarmolenko was superb again. If he had been fit last season we would have finished higher up the table.

Never heard of Ashby before but he looked really good.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

People keep telling me it was only Charlton , and last night only Hull , but when we lost at AFC Wimbledon it was because we were crap , yet we put out one of the strongest teams we could against them , and still got beat up 4-2 .
Have even been told that none of the team that played last night on that performance would get in the side over those who played against Arsenal , and you need to be clued in on what's needed against top Premier League sides. Have even been told the front players last night are only worth a bench start, with a possibility of coming on, if we fall behind with little time left . ( like that would happen with Moyes or any of our coaching staff on the sideline ) .