No Surprises under Moyes

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: No Surprises under Moyes

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:19 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:38 pm Even though we haven`t had the most glorious past gone by,we have always picked up one or two surprising results in a season.

We have gone to Away to a top 4 side like United,Arsenal,Spurs or Chelsea and won and got 3 points.Even at home at least once or twice in a season,we have done the business..Even under Big Sam,we have had that "What a result today"eg 3-0 away at Tottenham.

I really hope ,I am proved wrong,but I don`t think this will happen under Moyes..His mangers record playing against a Top 4 team is absolutely dreadful.

For much of his stint at Goodison Park the so-called top four were generally Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United. Moyes’ record against those teams during his 11 years with the Toffees was; lost 27, drawn 16, won 0.

While in charge of Sunderland, the Gunners, the Blues, City and Manchester United beat them home and away. They were also on the end of defeats at the hands of Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur, with draws against those latter two the only points the Black Cats took away from teams in the upper echelons.

It could be argued that it is difficult for Moyes to compete with a struggling Sunderland side, but even when the Scot was Red Devils boss in 2013/14 his record wasn’t much better. A win against Arsenal was the only high point that campaign, with the Reds and Man City beating him home and away and Spurs and Chelsea also triumphant.From those two seasons, Moyes record reads; won 1, drawn 5, lost 16.

Looking at that evidence, I can`t seeing us getting anything ,especially a win against any of the Top 6.
Didnt we beat Chelsea at home last season ?
Yes young man we certainly did .

Young Teggy made a most fatal error whilst quoting Moyes’ atrocious stats against the top clubs ...

He forgot to add the word “away” .

Otherwise he is quite correct .

Can’t see those stats changing much in his favour , can you ? :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:38 pm Even though we haven`t had the most glorious past gone by,we have always picked up one or two surprising results in a season.

We have gone to Away to a top 4 side like United,Arsenal,Spurs or Chelsea and won and got 3 points.Even at home at least once or twice in a season,we have done the business..Even under Big Sam,we have had that "What a result today"eg 3-0 away at Tottenham.

I really hope ,I am proved wrong,but I don`t think this will happen under Moyes..His mangers record playing against a Top 4 team is absolutely dreadful.

For much of his stint at Goodison Park the so-called top four were generally Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United. Moyes’ record against those teams during his 11 years with the Toffees was; lost 27, drawn 16, won 0.

While in charge of Sunderland, the Gunners, the Blues, City and Manchester United beat them home and away. They were also on the end of defeats at the hands of Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur, with draws against those latter two the only points the Black Cats took away from teams in the upper echelons.

It could be argued that it is difficult for Moyes to compete with a struggling Sunderland side, but even when the Scot was Red Devils boss in 2013/14 his record wasn’t much better. A win against Arsenal was the only high point that campaign, with the Reds and Man City beating him home and away and Spurs and Chelsea also triumphant.From those two seasons, Moyes record reads; won 1, drawn 5, lost 16.

Looking at that evidence, I can`t seeing us getting anything ,especially a win against any of the Top 6.
Took 6 points off them. Doesn't mean a thing this season of course. We have regressed, at least imo. And when Rice pulls on the blue of Che;lsea I somehow can't see the money raised being spent on replacements of similar quality.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:03 pm

Took 6 points off them. Doesn't mean a thing this season of course. We have regressed, at least imo. And when Rice pulls on the blue of Che;lsea I somehow can't see the money raised being spent on replacements of similar quality.
Or even just spent
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

It`s his away record against the big 4 (whoever finished there the year before)that is dreadful..Don`t think his won at any of them.Think his only beaten 2 of them at home and that includes the season at Man United.