What keeps them in charge?

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

What keeps them in charge?

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Seeing that there's possibly only one other owner whose as equally as despised by his own fans as our filth my question is a simple one. What's keeping them here?
I mean they obviously have extremely thick skins and love a pound note, that's a given, but what keeps them here. Is it the possibility of getting the stadium for peanuts and making a huge profit and selling up? Or just hoping that someone comes up with the ridiculous amount they've been touting our club at?
Whatever it is, I'm fucked if I know, one thing I do know is that they're not fans of West Ham, can't be, fans of a pound note, most definitely, but genuine football fans, nah, no fucking chance.
So why stay here? They are detested by the majority of fans, the hatred and it is genuine hatred directed at them is quite something, and yet here they still are, seemingly oblivious to it all.
We were of course warned of their scheming by our friends in Birmingham who told us in no uncertain terms just what they were about. Indeed such is their popularity in the blue half of Birmingham that gold had at one time had his car smashed to pieces by a baying mob threatening him with violence.
That violence I'm convinced will happen at our souless bowl once the pandemic is over, they can't and won't be allowed to hide away for ever, football fans have long memories, especially one's who've seen a club destroyed by what can only be seen as greed on a humongous scale!
So why with all the grief that they've had and will continue to have, are they still holding on for dear life?
Your thoughts?
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Re: What keeps them in charge?

Post by Newmarket »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:11 am Seeing that there's possibly only one other owner whose as equally as despised by his own fans as our filth my question is a simple one. What's keeping them here?
I mean they obviously have extremely thick skins and love a pound note, that's a given, but what keeps them here. Is it the possibility of getting the stadium for peanuts and making a huge profit and selling up? Or just hoping that someone comes up with the ridiculous amount they've been touting our club at?
Whatever it is, I'm fucked if I know, one thing I do know is that they're not fans of West Ham, can't be, fans of a pound note, most definitely, but genuine football fans, nah, no fucking chance.
So why stay here? They are detested by the majority of fans, the hatred and it is genuine hatred directed at them is quite something, and yet here they still are, seemingly oblivious to it all.
We were of course warned of their scheming by our friends in Birmingham who told us in no uncertain terms just what they were about. Indeed such is their popularity in the blue half of Birmingham that gold had at one time had his car smashed to pieces by a baying mob threatening him with violence.
That violence I'm convinced will happen at our souless bowl once the pandemic is over, they can't and won't be allowed to hide away for ever, football fans have long memories, especially one's who've seen a club destroyed by what can only be seen as greed on a humongous scale!
So why with all the grief that they've had and will continue to have, are they still holding on for dear life?
Your thoughts?
I think I need a dump
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

The income stream, to answer your question. As you've said yourself their motivation is financial.

I would suggest their, imo, inflated valuation of the club factors in the repayment that would need to be paid if they sold before 2023 and that once 2023 arrives they will listen to sensible offers. At the moment with all the uncertainty surrounding football and it's finances there's no chance they will get offered anything like their valuation.

The dwark owns more than half the shares so even if Gold falls off his perch before 2023, he is 84 so it would hardly be a surprise, it wouldn't affect the overall ownership. No idea what would happen to his share. They'd probably go to his daughter who could do whatever she wanted with them, but even if she sold them it wouldn't unduly weaken the dwarf's stronghold.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:13 am The income stream, to answer your question. As you've said yourself their motivation is financial.

I would suggest their, imo, inflated valuation of the club factors in the repayment that would need to be paid if they sold before 2023 and that once 2023 arrives they will listen to sensible offers. At the moment with all the uncertainty surrounding football and it's finances there's no chance they will get offered anything like their valuation.

The dwark owns more than half the shares so even if Gold falls off his perch before 2023, he is 84 so it would hardly be a surprise, it wouldn't affect the overall ownership. No idea what would happen to his share. They'd probably go to his daughter who could do whatever she wanted with them, but even if she sold them it wouldn't unduly weaken the dwarf's stronghold.
Dribbly’s daughters allegedly want nothing to do with the club so you just know what they’ll do with Gold’s shares don’t you ?
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:11 am Seeing that there's possibly only one other owner whose as equally as despised by his own fans as our filth my question is a simple one. What's keeping them here?
Your thoughts?
One word...MONEY.

It`s their GOD.

palerider

Post by palerider »

They'll be in charge until they see the writing on the wall. Talk of March 2023, and that's still the favourite but if other factors combine that still make it attractive, the dwarf won't rush to sell even then. There has been talk of handing over the reigns to Junior Dwarf as a legacy.

He's as happy as a pig in shit with no fans, but assuming that eventually the high speed transport links once again whisk long-suffering mugs to the athletics track in vast numbers, if things are that bad on the pitch he'll just stop attending, giving him more time to count his money.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:13 am The income stream, to answer your question. As you've said yourself their motivation is financial.

Didn’t you yourself say that there are far easier ways for them to make many than running this football club?
I’m reckoning the Oompa Loompa could go back into the property biz full time and net more profit than he’ll make from this venture.

But as we’ve discussed before, what he’ll get for it and what he evaluates it for are 2 different things.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:44 pm

Didn’t you yourself say that there are far easier ways for them to make many than running this football club?
I’m reckoning the Oompa Loompa could go back into the property biz full time and net more profit than he’ll make from this venture.

But as we’ve discussed before, what he’ll get for it and what he evaluates it for are 2 different things.
He could indeed go in to the property market Tone.
But this football club is an absolute sure fire bet of making money.
I'm just amazed that people like him are prepared to ignore all the hatred directed at him in search of a pound note at his age. Different if he hadn't a pot, but fuck me the cunts a billionaire.
I mean you can only drive one Bentley at a time, that is of course if you can see over the steering wheel in the first place 😂
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Because Ultimately it is a business. They ate obviously confident in their ability to operate that business are have to be dispassionate in doing so.

Talking about the other owner is is arguably despised more than GSB, he has still spent some money in the transfer window, but his team are stil getting schooled by Brighton.
Flairon

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:00 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:44 pm

He could indeed go in to the property market Tone.
But this football club is an absolute sure fire bet of making money.
I'm just amazed that people like him are prepared to ignore all the hatred directed at him in search of a pound note at his age. Different if he hadn't a pot, but fuck me the cunts a billionaire.
I mean you can only drive one Bentley at a time, that is of course if you can see over the steering wheel in the first place 😂
When you’ve got that much money the currency becomes status and power not financial need BB. Like many of his ilk, he’s addicted to accumulation. But some do it with a little more class than others.
For him, a bloke with chronic little-bloke syndrome his need is to constantly remind everyone and himself of how “big” he is.
For him, the more money you have the bigger you are it appears.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"