Good Piece By Martin Samuels

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Good Piece By Martin Samuels

Post by Whiskyman »

Some won't agree but I reckon he's got this about right.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... l-fun.html
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Re: Good Piece By Martin Samuels

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:02 am Some won't agree but I reckon he's got this about right.

He is generally good value MS,not always but generally.
And he will be broadly missed by the cancellation of Sunday Supplement which I cited 10 years ago,as one of the only reasons to subscribe to Sky.

And regards the pundits they should promote Jermaine Jenas and Micah Richards and ditch the alcoholic fool who is only there for thick chavs.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:35 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:02 am Some won't agree but I reckon he's got this about right.

And he will be broadly missed by the cancellation of Sunday Supplement which I cited 10 years ago,as one of the only reasons to subscribe to Sky.

And regards the pundits they should promote Jermaine Jenas and Micah Richards and ditch the alcoholic fool who is only there for thick chavs.
I very rarely watch Soccer Saturday because I'm usually watching a game but whenever I've seen Merson he always strikes me as being something of a lightweight in the cerebral areas. Agree re Micah Richards, he talks a lot of sense and also talks to his audience not at them, as some are inclined to do.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:00 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:35 am

I very rarely watch Soccer Saturday because I'm usually watching a game but whenever I've seen Merson he always strikes me as being something of a lightweight in the cerebral areas. Agree re Micah Richards, he talks a lot of sense and also talks to his audience not at them, as some are inclined to do.
Merson is there purely for comedic not cerebral value.
He’s more or less encouraged to mispronounce words and names whilst sucking on plenty of boiled sweets whilst talking.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

For me it’s not about the amounts being spent but my principal annoyance is the percentage and power factor of the agents.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

How did the money Man C paid for De Bruyne help rejuvenate a part of town ? Absolute load of bollocks not supported by any facts.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Bilic out.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Thought it a load of shit to be fair.
The good players only go to the top few clubs, it is all lopsided, survival and a run in the Micky Mouse Cup is the most that the majority of teams can hope for now.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

One of the best journalists around.

I have met him on a few occasions and is a nice fella too.

Nobody doubts that the PL has been great business for this country,but has competition goes,it`s not like it was Pre PL.We all had a chance and could dream before the season started,but not now.

I find it rather sickening that owners of a club of our statue are celebrating finishing 17th every season and that our fans should feel the same.Then you add the Cup`s that they don't give 2 sh*ts about.Is this really a fair competition for all?

I don't really want to harp on about the past,but before the PL,we did compete and we did win a cup or two,

Now,unless you are the elite,with loads of cash, it's about surviving, while the owners pocket millions. That's not right in my book,but we all except it as the norm.

h69

Post by h69 »

dagenhamdave wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:18 am Thought it a load of shit to be fair.
The good players only go to the top few clubs, it is all lopsided, survival and a run in the Micky Mouse Cup is the most that the majority of teams can hope for now.
Agree.

Money has created an entertainment spectacle for the Chinese and the sofa surfers but ruined the game as a sport.