Now I'm Envious Of Tottenham.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Now I'm Envious Of Tottenham.

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:42 pm
Castiron wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:46 am Fuck 'em. Hope Mourihno loses the dressing room..again and they crash and burn. :D
I would be very surprised if Mourinho is still there come next season.

Actually, I predict he won't make Christmas.
Tbh Terry I'd be more surprised if they don't win something. OK it might only be one of the domestic cups but I suppose it would represent some sort of success even though Levy will expect more with the money they've splashed out bringing Bale and Reguilon in, not to mention the other two who came in earlier.

I'm guessing their main target competition this year is the Europa League. And they probably think they have a shout at top 4.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:24 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:42 pm

I would be very surprised if Mourinho is still there come next season.

Actually, I predict he won't make Christmas.
Tbh Terry I'd be more surprised if they don't win something. OK it might only be one of the domestic cups but I suppose it would represent some sort of success even though Levy will expect more with the money they've splashed out bringing Bale and Reguilon in, not to mention the other two who came in earlier.

I'm guessing their main target competition this year is the Europa League. And they probably think they have a shout at top 4.

What I have seen the first 2 games,does not impress me at all.

Mourinho is very negative and it`s obvious the players are not happy with it.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Deli belly's on his way out after shitting his knickers watching Gogglebox.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:32 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:24 pm

Difficult to judge after only one game although I admit they were pretty poor from what I saw against Everton. But then again if we assessed Liverpool after the Leeds match we would probably have them around 5th or 6th after that defensive display.

I don't expect Spurs to challenge for the title, no way. But I'm guessing the club will make a serious push for the Europa League as a way into the CL. And it wouldn't surprise me if Mourinho also targets one of the domestic pots. FFS the bloke even considers the Community Shield a trophy so he'd probably have an orgasm if they won the Mickey Mouse or the F A Cup.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Push for Europa league? They very lucky to still be in it after last night. They won 2-1 but were losing to a Bulgarian donkey team 1-0 till the last 10mins, when some villager decided to get himself sent off.

There is bad feeling around the club at the moment towards Levy, Enic, and moaninho who is once again trying his best to alienate players.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:05 am Push for Europa league? They very lucky to still be in it after last night. They won 2-1 but were losing to a Bulgarian donkey team 1-0 till the last 10mins, when some villager decided to get himself sent off.

There is bad feeling around the club at the moment towards Levy, Enic, and moaninho who is once again trying his best to alienate players.
They want to be in our shoes.

Towie

Post by Towie »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:47 am
Towie wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:05 am Push for Europa league? They very lucky to still be in it after last night. They won 2-1 but were losing to a Bulgarian donkey team 1-0 till the last 10mins, when some villager decided to get himself sent off.

They want to be in our shoes.
True, but they have always been deluded.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:58 am
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:32 pm

Difficult to judge after only one game although I admit they were pretty poor from what I saw against Everton. But then again if we assessed Liverpool after the Leeds match we would probably have them around 5th or 6th after that defensive display.

I don't expect Spurs to challenge for the title, no way. But I'm guessing the club will make a serious push for the Europa League as a way into the CL. And it wouldn't surprise me if Mourinho also targets one of the domestic pots. FFS the bloke even considers the Community Shield a trophy so he'd probably have an orgasm if they won the Mickey Mouse or the F A Cup.
I can’t see them challenging for much.
50% of that is wishful thinking admittedly but the other 50% is that I feel Mourinho is a total busted flush now.
His approach now looks a little dated, he doesn’t look particularly interested and his teams seem to carry that apathy onto the pitch.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The Gareth Bale loan is an interesting deal. On the face of it they are paying Gareth's weekly wage of £600K by paying Real Madrid £20M.

Except,they are only paying a small contribution to his wages with the rest of the money owed in installments. Nothing up front.

West Ham could look to do a similar deal targeting quality players on long contracts, who find themselves operating as fringe performers for their current clubs. I imagine being based in London for a year might have it's attractions.

The cost to the club would be minimal, part wages only, with the loan fee structured over several years. That would tick the affordability box and should things work out successfully for player and club, then a lot of the cost would be paid for by an improved league position.

I don't see David Moyes as having the vision to kiss the future, but anyone on this site could find suitable targets within 48 hours research and a few careful phone calls. The early birds grab the worms and the late ones go hungry...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:58 am

I can’t see them challenging for much.
50% of that is wishful thinking admittedly but the other 50% is that I feel Mourinho is a total busted flush now.
His approach now looks a little dated, he doesn’t look particularly interested and his teams seem to carry that apathy onto the pitch.
In today's game "not much" includes the domestic cups which, tbh, are the only pots I can see them having any sort of chance in. A bit too early to write Mourinho off as a busted flush imo, although I can see where you're coming from.