Now I'm Envious Of Tottenham.

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Now I'm Envious Of Tottenham.

Post by JayK »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:03 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:30 am Not because they've added Bale to their squad. No, my envy relates to the fact they've apparently lined up a deal for Sergio Reguilon. And they're only paying £27 million for him. Tbh I'm gobsmacked Real Madrid are letting him go. The bloke is absolute class.

But as an aside the world and his dog know we need a couple of decent full backs. I'm not for one moment suggesting Reguilon would have joined West Ham, or for that matter even if he's heard of us, but FFS, we were apparently prepared to shell out £30 million for fucking Tarkowski, a bloke who prior to joining Burnley had spent his career in the lower leagues. Yet here is a guy who has played for the biggest club in world football, won the Europa League while on loan at Sevilla and represented his country. And he's 4 years younger than Tarkowski.

He is believed to be signing a 5 year deal with Spurs which also means he wil only be 28 when it's due to expire and willl still have a sell on value. Precisely the sort of player we should be in for is he not ? A classic example why Spurs are a club people take seriously and West Ham are looked on in much the same way as we would look at the cunt with the scruffy dog sitting outside Camden Town tube station asking fol loose change.
Don't know anything about him so I'll take your word WM.
But I feel I have to take you task over the bit about doubting if he ever heard of us. Every man and his dog must have watched Green Street Hooligans and I bet he's no exception.
Shit film though weren't it. Who's idea was it to cast a fuckin hobbit?
COYI!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

JayK wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:06 pm
tassiehammer wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:03 am

Don't know anything about him so I'll take your word WM.
But I feel I have to take you task over the bit about doubting if he ever heard of us. Every man and his dog must have watched Green Street Hooligans and I bet he's no exception.
Probably the son of the bloke who cast John Wayne as Genghis Khan.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

JayK

Post by JayK »

ToneLoc wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:41 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Probably the son of the bloke who cast John Wayne as Genghis Khan.
😂😂😂
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

ToneLoc wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:36 am You do have a bit of a Spud soft spot though don’t you 😜
It’s funny but many Spuds are gathering momentum about protesting Levy and Enic.
Does that make them far bigger, more fickle wankers than us?

I would like to have Spuds’s “problems” but couldn’t bring myself to say it.
Fuck it I just did ;)
Its all about expectation. Their signings last season were shite as well like ours. Ndombele has been shit, Alli cant be arsed, Kane looks knackered and Bergwijn is for some reason on the bench.

Bale will be a good short term signing (like most under Jose) but I dont know much about the fullback other than there must be a reason they dont want him.

Their fans are raging as they effectively went backwards last season from CL final to a team struggling and they started badly on Sat. They are a better run club than us at present but any club going backwards is going to soon attract the wrath of the fans. Personally I think appointing Maureen was a mistake as he hardly promotes youth but we will see since he really only stays 2 seasons before he kills the players.

Given the money that Joe Lewis has you would expect them to sign more than they do but those they did most recently cost Poch.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:34 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:36 am You do have a bit of a Spud soft spot though don’t you 😜
It’s funny but many Spuds are gathering momentum about protesting Levy and Enic.
Does that make them far bigger, more fickle wankers than us?

I would like to have Spuds’s “problems” but couldn’t bring myself to say it.
Fuck it I just did ;)
Its all about expectation. Their signings last season were shite as well like ours. Ndombele has been shit, Alli cant be arsed, Kane looks knackered and Bergwijn is for some reason on the bench.

Bale will be a good short term signing (like most under Jose) but I dont know much about the fullback other than there must be a reason they dont want him.

Their fans are raging as they effectively went backwards last season from CL final to a team struggling and they started badly on Sat. They are a better run club than us at present but any club going backwards is going to soon attract the wrath of the fans. Personally I think appointing Maureen was a mistake as he hardly promotes youth but we will see since he really only stays 2 seasons before he kills the players.

Given the money that Joe Lewis has you would expect them to sign more than they do but those they did most recently cost Poch.
I think the reason Real let Reguilon go is that Marcelo and Ferland Mendy are ahead of him in the pecking order. Surprising given Marcelo's age imo but apparently there is a buy back clause as part of the deal.

But as for Joe Lewis's money I'm sure he didn't make his fortune by throwing money indiscriminately at his football club. Spurs are often held up as a financial role model which other clubs should follow.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:44 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:34 pm

I think the reason Real let Reguilon go is that Marcelo and Ferland Mendy are ahead of him in the pecking order. Surprising given Marcelo's age imo but apparently there is a buy back clause as part of the deal.

But as for Joe Lewis's money I'm sure he didn't make his fortune by throwing money indiscriminately at his football club. Spurs are often held up as a financial role model which other clubs should follow.
On the last point I agree completely but when did football fans ever think like that. He is rich for a reason but fans think it is because he is tight rather than because he actually knows how to make money (currency crash issues aside).

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:45 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:44 pm

On the last point I agree completely but when did football fans ever think like that. He is rich for a reason but fans think it is because he is tight rather than because he actually knows how to make money (currency crash issues aside).
Football fans the length and breadth of the country believe that club owners have some sort of duty to plough more and more of their own money into their clubs. It has always been thus, and probably always will. Many fans see good ownership not as running a club as a professional, efficient business but simply spending ever increasing sums of money.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:49 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:45 pm

Football fans the length and breadth of the country believe that club owners have some sort of duty to plough more and more of their own money into their clubs. It has always been thus, and probably always will. Many fans see good ownership not as running a club as a professional, efficient business but simply spending ever increasing sums of money.
Yep.
Give me expertise, excellent structure, strategy, planning and execution in all departments from the top-down over some egomaniac dickhead throwing squillions at every problem and insisting on doing it all "his way" (Sullivan being the second part of that) any day.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Castiron wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:46 am Fuck 'em. Hope Mourihno loses the dressing room..again and they crash and burn. :D
I would be very surprised if Mourinho is still there come next season.

Actually, I predict he won't make Christmas.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

" the cunt with the scruffy dog sitting outside Camden Town tube station asking fol loose change"

1. Im not a cunt...
2. dont knock it, i make a lot more than you think ...
3. Its not my dog...