David Moyes Wants Us To Think Like Top Ten Team

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

David Moyes Wants Us To Think Like Top Ten Team

Post by Clayton »

So says Snodgrass . Perhaps Moyes should in that case start performing like a top ten manager .
In my eyes Moyes hasn't selected a starting eleven or formation capable of competing consistently well at premier league level , let alone in the Top Ten . Not even sure we have a starting eleven at the club capable of competing .

Castiron

Re: David Moyes Wants Us To Think Like Top Ten Team

Post by Castiron »

Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:49 pm So says Snodgrass . Perhaps Moyes should in that case start performing like a top ten manager .
In my eyes Moyes hasn't selected a starting eleven or formation capable of competing consistently well at premier league level , let alone in the Top Ten . Not even sure we have a starting eleven at the club capable of competing .
Not sure he can be judged until he has brought in the players he wants to.
Half the under achievers at the club were brought by Pellegrini.
The thing is he will either walk or be sacked before he gets a chance to build a team.
This fucking lot here at the moment are more than capable of playing better football than the shit they are serving up.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Castiron wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 pm
Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:49 pm So says Snodgrass . Perhaps Moyes should in that case start performing like a top ten manager .
The thing is he will either walk or be sacked before he gets a chance to build a team.
This fucking lot here at the moment are more than capable of playing better football than the shit they are serving up.
So you think it is ok to play Fornals as a wing , Noble as a ten or whatever Nobles job is , and Antonio as a striker when we have a £45m man sitting on the bench .
Why can Moyes not play a system that would actually bring the best out of Haller ? .
Moyes dropped Fornals when he was our best performer , and brought him back to be stuck out on the wing , he also dropped Ngakia after he performed so well against Liverpool if memory serves me right .And didn't Moyes move Johnson to the left back position against Aston Villa after he did so well on the right against Man Utd ,all I can say is Moyes must really rate Fredericks .
Come on you cant say his nonreactive substitutions are what you want to see , he never changes the system or tactics , Anderson came on against Newcastle when we were 0-2 down on the 89 minute , why ? .
I really do not know how anyone can still be saying its not his team or his players .
He has been in management for over 20 years now , his first job was with a Preston North End team fighting relegation ( and he kept them up ) the following season he got them promoted , and the following season got them into the playoffs , and the rest is history as they say he got the job at Everton and so on .
The point is I doubt very much he had much to work with in his first managerial job doubt they were his players , yet saved them from relegation got them promoted the following season and into the playoffs the following season .

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:14 pm
Castiron wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 pm
So you think it is ok to play Fornals as a wing , Noble as a ten or whatever Nobles job is , and Antonio as a striker when we have a £45m man sitting on the bench .
Why can Moyes not play a system that would actually bring the best out of Haller ? .
Moyes dropped Fornals when he was our best performer , and brought him back to be stuck out on the wing , he also dropped Ngakia after he performed so well against Liverpool if memory serves me right .And didn't Moyes move Johnson to the left back position against Aston Villa after he did so well on the right against Man Utd ,all I can say is Moyes must really rate Fredericks .
Come on you cant say his nonreactive substitutions are what you want to see , he never changes the system or tactics , Anderson came on against Newcastle when we were 0-2 down on the 89 minute , why ? .
I really do not know how anyone can still be saying its not his team or his players .
He has been in management for over 20 years now , his first job was with a Preston North End team fighting relegation ( and he kept them up ) the following season he got them promoted , and the following season got them into the playoffs , and the rest is history as they say he got the job at Everton and so on .
The point is I doubt very much he had much to work with in his first managerial job doubt they were his players , yet saved them from relegation got them promoted the following season and into the playoffs the following season .
Most of those players mentioned were absolute dog shit last season.
One decent game against Charlton and everyone's clambering for them to be back in the team.
I agree he should play someone beside Haller, but Haller is a big boy now who should be more than capable of holding a fucking football up or digging a few centre backs in the ribs along the way.
He could try making some runs to create some space for others while he's at it
If Antonio didn't play up front after lockdown last season, we would have gone down, so winger or striker, he was a better option than our £40m striker.
As I've said, some of them need to have a word with themselves.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

West Ham will NEVER be a top 10 if GSB are still in charge as too many teams taking over us.

Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Leeds
Leicester
Liverpool
Man City
Man Utd
Tottenham
Wolves.

These will be regular top 10 sides for this decade so I can't see us in there as our owners are CRAP.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Thats a quote from Pelles book with the figure changed. Plagiarism it tell ya...plagiarism.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I'm sure the geezer is losing his fucking marbles.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

He meant on payday. As you pick up your wages boys , you get paid like a top ten team so think like a top ten team.
Moneys the same so you don't have to play like a top ten team.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Can’t blame him for trying install a little bit of positivity and upwards thinking into the players heads at the start of the season.

It’ll be a LOT harder to make that shit stick if we’re 0 points after 7 games though 😫
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

ToneLoc wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:47 pm Can’t blame him for trying install a little bit of positivity and upwards thinking into the players heads at the start of the season.

It’ll be a LOT harder to make that shit stick if we’re 0 points after 7 games though 😫
If we are 0 points after 7 games - which would be just shy of 20% of fixtures played - then David Moyes would be toast

and KB would have to find another cloakroom to take the shirt off a managers back