Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:47 pm
9898 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:45 pm

Match thread for people to analyse the match. This cannot be done if you DID NOT see the match.
Please quote where it states that you have to have seen the match to post on match thread?

Fucking boring twathead.

What should doddery old mess you are Tow.
I'm surprised you get through each day.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Whilst the kneeling continues I'm done, enjoy anther season hoping there are 3 teams worse than we are. Good luck guys, football is dead for me.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Just watched the highlights. The Arse winning goal. Basic defending rule number 1 stay goalside of your man.
And it was the highlights not the actual live game. So am I allowed to post? Fuck it , will anyway. Live dangerously .
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:38 pm Didn’t see the game, but my son said we played ok and had the better chances.

Is it looking better than I first feared?
Believe it or not I actually thought we were the better side but every time Arsenal attacked down our right hand side I felt we were in danger of conceding.

My personal opinion is that we bossed the second half. At one point we had 8 attempts to Arsenal's one. But, as someone else has pointed out earlier on this thread, the manager's mindset was in preserve the point mode. Only when we were a goal down did he bring on ant offensive options, by which time of course it was too late.

We looked a lot more energetic (no Noble ?) than last week and had a couple of very decent chances which Antonio & Bowen missed. And Rice was at fault for Arsenal's first when he lost Lacazette completely. That said he was probably still one of our better players,

Before the game I thought anything less than a 3-0 stuffing would be a result, but in the end I was gutted we came out of the game with nothing.

But, FFS, please somebody tell me (and Moyes) what Fredericks brings to the table.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:16 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:38 pm Didn’t see the game, but my son said we played ok and had the better chances.

Believe it or not I actually thought we were the better side but every time Arsenal attacked down our right hand side I felt we were in danger of conceding.

My personal opinion is that we bossed the second half. At one point we had 8 attempts to Arsenal's one. But, as someone else has pointed out earlier on this thread, the manager's mindset was in preserve the point mode. Only when we were a goal down did he bring on ant offensive options, by which time of course it was too late.

We looked a lot more energetic (no Noble ?) than last week and had a couple of very decent chances which Antonio & Bowen missed. And Rice was at fault for Arsenal's first when he lost Lacazette completely. That said he was probably still one of our better players,

Before the game I thought anything less than a 3-0 stuffing would be a result, but in the end I was gutted we came out of the game with nothing.

But, FFS, please somebody tell me (and Moyes) what Fredericks brings to the table.
The assist for our goal ? :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:56 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:47 pm

Please quote where it states that you have to have seen the match to post on match thread?

Fucking boring twathead.

What should doddery old mess you are Tow.
I'm surprised you get through each day.
Please write in English, thank you.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:21 pm

The assist for our goal ? :lol:
I knew someone would say that. But isn't his main function to defend ? And let's be perfectly honest it was a fairly routine cross. Good wing backs, and I guess we'd call him a wing back, have some idea how to defend as well as bomb forward.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Thanks Whisky, good report for those who haven’t seen game.

Now I’m just finishing of the night with a wee dram of your username.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I actually think Fredericks has done well the last 2 games.I suppose we all see things differently...Antonio and Masuaku were our best players today.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I wanna know how Palace can get a pen for handball but we can't.
COYI!!!