Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:45 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:43 pm

Firstly dipstick the word is didn’t, and I’ve had a few.
Secondly I’ll ask what I want, choose to answer or just fuck off twathead.
Match thread for people to analyse the match. This cannot be done if you DID NOT see the match.
Not strictly correct . Tonight was the first live game I’ve seen since the ridiculous BAME grovelling appeasements started and I’ve often followed the game via the match thread .

And with Der Fuhrer and the Scottish Bormann in seemingly perpetual self exile (probably in Argentina or Paraguay) what I say goes.

So there !

;) :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:16 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:38 pm Didn’t see the game, but my son said we played ok and had the better chances.

Is it looking better than I first feared?
Believe it or not I actually thought we were the better side but every time Arsenal attacked down our right hand side I felt we were in danger of conceding.

My personal opinion is that we bossed the second half. At one point we had 8 attempts to Arsenal's one. But, as someone else has pointed out earlier on this thread, the manager's mindset was in preserve the point mode. Only when we were a goal down did he bring on ant offensive options, by which time of course it was too late.

We looked a lot more energetic (no Noble ?) than last week and had a couple of very decent chances which Antonio & Bowen missed. And Rice was at fault for Arsenal's first when he lost Lacazette completely. That said he was probably still one of our better players,

Before the game I thought anything less than a 3-0 stuffing would be a result, but in the end I was gutted we came out of the game with nothing.

But, FFS, please somebody tell me (and Moyes) what Fredericks brings to the table.
We will have many games like that throughout this season and the result will be exactly the same. The managers a safety first prick, even when we have a team by the bollocks, he'll empty his nappy and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. A thoroughbred wanker who has never won fuck all and never well with owners to match.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:21 pm

Believe it or not I actually thought we were the better side but every time Arsenal attacked down our right hand side I felt we were in danger of conceding.

My personal opinion is that we bossed the second half. At one point we had 8 attempts to Arsenal's one. But, as someone else has pointed out earlier on this thread, the manager's mindset was in preserve the point mode. Only when we were a goal down did he bring on ant offensive options, by which time of course it was too late.

We looked a lot more energetic (no Noble ?) than last week and had a couple of very decent chances which Antonio & Bowen missed. And Rice was at fault for Arsenal's first when he lost Lacazette completely. That said he was probably still one of our better players,

Before the game I thought anything less than a 3-0 stuffing would be a result, but in the end I was gutted we came out of the game with nothing.

But, FFS, please somebody tell me (and Moyes) what Fredericks brings to the table.
The assist for our goal ? :lol:
:shock: :lol:

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

9898 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:40 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:38 pm Didn’t see the game, but my son said we played ok and had the better chances.

Is it looking better than I first feared?
Absurd post.
You din't watch the game (so shouldn't be on the match thread) and ask US to tell YOU if it is worse than YOU feared?
Funny how you never post on the match thread when the actual game is on numbnuts.
You know, you might b able to give some input as to where you think things are going wrong?. instead of waiting for the game to finish and then innevatably showing up when we've lost.
Never show up when we win, until a day or two later, and especially if the Spuds lose.
How's the blisters from wanking all day over Bale?.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:26 pm

I actually think Fredericks has done well the last 2 games.I suppose we all see things differently...Antonio and Masuaku were our best players today.
I'm inclined to agree that Fredericks, going forward, isn't too bad. Not an Alexander-Arnold but decent. But, boy, the bloke simply has no defensive qualities whatsoever which, imo, makes him a total liability.

I agree with you re Masuaku but thought Antonio wasn't that great. Not his fault because, once again, he often lacked support. I thought our often criticised CDs were good and, once again, Fornals playing out of position I think only wasted one ball.

But I fear the golden boy will be restored next week and we will revert to type against Wolves.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

That has just left me confused

I put us down for a 2-1 loss in the predictions, more in the hope it would be more of the Charlton team rather than the Newcastle one, but didn't expect it in that manner, its incredible how inconsistent we are.

So where do we go from here?

Drop the 4-2-3-1? 5 at the back worked (*), but it reduces the options further forward. Haller has to play, but yet again Antonio proved Moyes faith in him and there is not room for both of them to play together if we play Soucek & Rice, then want to fit in Bowen, Anderson, Fornals, Yarmo & Lanzini, even Cullen. I dont think you cant have two defensive lines of 7 players, two strikers and just one player to link it all together in the middle. And if you do assuming Soucek will advance as the box to box guy, which one do you pick?

(*) So the question is did 5 at the back really work as we gave away 2 crap goals through individual errors from midfield. What it did do was allow Fredericks & Masuaku play better than if they were regular full backs.

I think I would go 3-4-3 against Wolves

Fab
Diop Oggy Cress
Fred Rice Soucek Arthur
Bowen Haller Antonio

palerider

Post by palerider »

Shouldn't have lost.

But we did.

Life isn't fair Baldrick, otherwise things like this wouldn't happen.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Bug eyes did go for it bringing on Haller and Anderson in the 88th fucking minute.
:roll:

hd1

Post by hd1 »

9898 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:45 pm Match thread for people to analyse the match. This cannot be done if you DID NOT see the match.
We're still waiting for you to show us where, exactly it says you can't comment on a match thread if you haven't seen the game?

But then of course it's just another made up fantasy of yours isn't it numbnuts :lol:ing

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:30 pm

We will have many games like that throughout this season and the result will be exactly the same. The managers a safety first prick, even when we have a team by the bollocks, he'll empty his nappy and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. A thoroughbred wanker who has never won fuck all and never well with owners to match.
Just a shame we haven't got a striker and left and right wing forward or whatever Bowen and Fornals were last night , don't get me wrong thought they did well at times but just wish they could be more clinical with the chances they had .