Latest takeover.......this is karma

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Latest takeover.......this is karma

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:37 am
Neville Bartos wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:15 am

It's about potential in our case. Teams like Juventus and Real Madrid sign deals based on ubiquity. Always in the CL, always pushing for domestic titles, always with the superstar players.
This ubiquity attracts deals like Real Madrid selling 4 years of sponsorship rights for
£200m up front. Or Barcelona signing a 10 year kit deal with Nike worth £155m a season.

It's that potential to go from £500m club to a Citeh or Plastics £2.2billion club. And all the sponsorship that goes along with it.

Personally, I can't blame the dwarf for turning down £350m and £400m.
Forbes values Newcastle pretty much dead on their agreed sale price -- Forbes estimate $381(USD) /reported sale price £300m/$386m (USD).
Whereas Forbes values West Ham way higher than todays reported follow up offer -- Forbes estimate $616m(USD)/£478m /today's reported offer $516m(USD)/£400m.

That amounts to the dwarf getting shorted by £40m on an independent valuation. And that's before he has to pay the piper.
There's a deal to be done, but it's gonna take at least another £75m.
Spot on. No one in their right mind would sell that low.
It really all depends when it was valued?

Since the Covid 19,surely,there will be a drop in value because the uncertainty of everything.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:36 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 pm Hear Golds not too well at the moment

Nothing trivial I hope.
Didn’t he “fall ill” the last time they started losing the media battle?
Oi. Leave the cynicism to the professionals. ;)

Good point though. Tactical illness syndrome. I can see it now Mr Gold has been very poorly recently with the pressure he and his co owner are feeling from West Ham fans at the moment. A family source said Mr Gold took to his bed muttering something about ungrateful bastards and didn't they know he once scored a goal for the West Ham youth team in a pre season friendly trial match
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:21 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 pm Hear Golds not too well at the moment

Nothing trivial I hope.
Harsh :shock: .
I hear he is quite a nice guy and really does not make any of the decisions that wind the fans up....those are down to Sullivan, so that was a bit harsh to be honest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:23 pm

I hear he is quite a nice guy and really does not make any of the decisions that wind the fans up....those are down to Sullivan, so that was a bit harsh to be honest
If he doesn't at least influence the decisions which at the end of the day will determine how much money, as a major stakeholder in the club, he makes when eventually he sells up, I think we are entitled to ask why on earth sink a small fortune into buying a significant share. Sensible people don't do that to simply be nodding dogs and voting fodder at company AGMs.

And it was that dribbling old fool who was coming out with the garbage about motorized retractable seating at the time of the, then, proposed move. If he has no influence why not cut and run ? He will be showing a very tidy ROI. He is no different to the dwarf. In it for the money. I have no problem with that as a committed capitalist, but why lie through your teeth about your motives ?.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Boehly out.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Question,

Would our price go down if we were relegated, if so questimate how much ?

Serious Q, I`m curious.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

garnett wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 am Question,

Serious Q, I`m curious.
Yes it must do.
And not just on the basis/assumption that we would be out of the Prem for just 1 season either.
Estimates and subsequent evaluation on how long we could be out for would also have to be factored in imo.
All of this would far outweigh the parachute payments (again imo)
Actual figures though? Not sure.

But this stuff must be on the midget’s mind......
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 am Question,

Serious Q, I`m curious.
Yes because our earning potential would be reduced and although parachute payments apply they only stay in place for 3 years and reduce year on year anyway.

But a serious investor might then see an opportunity to buy a club at a cheaper price and see it as a risk worth taking because if promotion was to be achieved the value would inflate again. And it costs a lot less to assemble a side to win promotion from the Championship than it does to build a team to compete at the business end of the PL.

But under the present regime I'm afraid if we do go down we are more likely to do a Sunderland, and drop further down. than we are to do a Fulham.or what we did last time and bounce straight back up.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Not really he loves trying to be the Everyone's favourite( Werthers original) Grandad persona
In reality he adores the pound note and please don't believe there's no way he helps little bollocks make decisions, a very crafty old man not very truthful with us either is he tut tut.
Happy to stay in the background whilst the fucking midget gets all or most of the flak the sly old fox.
Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw the fucker.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:15 am

Not really he loves trying to be the Everyone's favourite( Werthers original) Grandad persona
In reality he adores the pound note and please don't believe there's no way he helps little bollocks make decisions, a very crafty old man not very truthful with us either is he tut tut.
Happy to stay in the background whilst the fucking midget gets all or most of the flak the sly old fox.
Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw the fucker.
I completely agree. In fact most of the bullshit spouted about stadium reconfiguration at the time of the move came from him, not the dwarf or Brady. And as for that pathetic little story, you remember, the one where his granddaughter asked him You're not a liar are you grandad. Didn't bring a lump to my throat but if I'd been standing next to the duplicitous old codger when he said it he's have had a fucking lump where my foot connected with him.