The Monday after the game - WHFTV

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

The Monday after the game - WHFTV

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman

Re: The Monday after the game - WHFTV

Post by Whiskyman »

Pretty much all been said before but a couple of points worth making.

Matchday revenues should have increased with crowds up by around 20,000. If, as was stated, they haven't I can only assume that the "affordable football for all" policy on pricing is responsible. From a purely commercial point of view if a stadium is full every week and season tickets are sold out with a "massive" waiting list, it proves one thing. Tickets are too cheap. M<ight not be a popular view but it is an economic fact of life.

And the bit about whether the move was designed to move the club or the owners forward is a good one. But if managed correctly the club could have been moved forward which would have also moved the owners forward. But the opportunity was missed. In very large part I imagine because of one of the things he said early in the piece. Their views on football are based in the past. They probably still believe people scarf up, get the wooden rattles out of mothballs and pile onto the tram down to the ground.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Well said BlackDiamonds.

Also the training facilities the owners brought it cheap and not Premier League standard which is why any players that brought in, were strong but after a few months, became weak and struggling, such as Haller, Anderson, Cresswell, Diop, etc.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:11 pm Well said BlackDiamonds.

Also the training facilities the owners brought it cheap and not Premier League standard which is why any players that brought in, were strong but after a few months, became weak and struggling, such as Haller, Anderson, Cresswell, Diop, etc.
I didn't produce it,that was Nicky from his channel WHFTV. I watched it and was impressed and thought it was worth sharing here.

He (Nicky) does wear his heart on his sleeve and his plea,is driven by good intentions wrapped in the warmth of his love for his football club. It's a very
honest piece and it's that integrity that gives its 25 mins running length its strength.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:28 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:11 pm Well said BlackDiamonds.

I didn't produce it,that was Nicky from his channel WHFTV. I watched it and was impressed and thought it was worth sharing here.

He (Nicky) does wear his heart on his sleeve and his plea,is driven by good intentions wrapped in the warmth of his love for his football club. It's a very
honest piece and it's that integrity that gives its 25 mins running length its strength.
No worries, cheers mate and for Nicky, well said and hope by 2023 Sullivan will be long gone but need more voices against him to oust him out.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I did put this on the GSB thread this morning.

Very well put by Nicky.His always worth a watch on Post Match Pint.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:46 pm Pretty much all been said before but a couple of points worth making.

Matchday revenues should have increased with crowds up by around 20,000. If, as was stated, they haven't I can only assume that the "affordable football for all" policy on pricing is responsible. From a purely commercial point of view if a stadium is full every week and season tickets are sold out with a "massive" waiting list, it proves one thing. Tickets are too cheap. M<ight not be a popular view but it is an economic fact of life.

And the bit about whether the move was designed to move the club or the owners forward is a good one. But if managed correctly the club could have been moved forward which would have also moved the owners forward. But the opportunity was missed. In very large part I imagine because of one of the things he said early in the piece. Their views on football are based in the past. They probably still believe people scarf up, get the wooden rattles out of mothballs and pile onto the tram down to the ground.
Cheap tickets, fuck me whiskey the way they perform they should be paying us to watch that shit.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:46 pm Pretty much all been said before but a couple of points worth making.

The Affordable footie thing was a load of Bollox....it just proved how little they knew about the club and it's fans..
Shot themselves in the foot from a business angle..could have gone in at decent prices...didn't need the 99 quid stuff,
we we're always gonna pretty much sell out...
This is exactly why they are so crap...they can't find the balance between the business model and the Fan,nearly
every other club in the Pl has found it...

Brady lost a shitload of corporate to the Spuds,when they opened their new Gaff as well...think you rate her Whisky
I don't so much....been a very very lucky lady IMO...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:45 am

The Affordable footie thing was a load of Bollox....it just proved how little they knew about the club and it's fans..
Shot themselves in the foot from a business angle..could have gone in at decent prices...didn't need the 99 quid stuff,
This is exactly why they are so crap...they can't find the balance between the business model and the Fan,nearly

Brady lost a shitload of corporate to the Spuds,when they opened their new Gaff as well...think you rate her Whisky
I don't rate her. But I do suspect she has more business acumen, and, more importantly, better influential contacts, than the dwarf and the dribbly one. But given the choice of her and the lovely Ms Granovskoia I'd go with the Russian lady every time. ;)

But we do have to remember she is only an employee. She may have the dwarf's ear but at the end of the day he is the one who has the final say. That said if wwe did have Ms Granovskoia perhaps she has the ear of the Russian Vory who I feel sure know a thing or two about removing---errr--unwanted obstacles.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:57 am
mkhammer wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:45 am

I don't rate her. But I do suspect she has more business acumen, and, more importantly, better influential contacts, than the dwarf and the dribbly one. But given the choice of her and the lovely Ms Granovskoia I'd go with the Russian lady every time. ;)

But we do have to remember she is only an employee. She may have the dwarf's ear but at the end of the day he is the one who has the final say. That said if wwe did have Ms Granovskoia perhaps she has the ear of the Russian Vory who I feel sure know a thing or two about removing---errr--unwanted obstacles.
Thing is you can not like someone..even say they are crap at what they do....but if they make the most of their opportunities
by pushing and grafting,and make a nice few bob....you have to go..yeah fair enough..

Can't stand stand Sulli as a person....but the fuckers a Nigh on a Billionaire,from people shagging....... :lol:
it is fuckin funny....