Souness on Nobles performance tonight.

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Souness on Nobles performance tonight.

Post by JayK »

I can't believe it's nobles fault we were shit tonight, not his alone. Him opening his gob on twitter wouldn't be new news to the training ground. We're shit coz we're shit and the main blame is in the hands of the board.
COYI!!!

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:13 am
Clayton wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:04 am

I totally agreed as far as Noble is concerned , but think Lanzini and Anderson are not the answer either , Fornals should be playing the ten role , with Antonio out on the left .
Of course Fornals should be playing the No 10 role, which is the role he played at Villarreal and much of the time for the Spain Under 23's. Not sure about Antonio on the left thought tbh. Obviously Diangana's no longer an option but I'd be inclined to play Anderson or Bowen left with Yarmolenko right side. Antonio, although I don't see him as a long term striker solution, is probably the best option we have in the centre at the moment.
Yeah agree with this, Fornals is not a wide player, his pace has the beating of no one. This belies the problem of our useless lb situation. Cresswell also has the beating of no one and can't cover the pitch like he used to so basically just vacated his defensive position for parts of the game. Imagine spending money on that position (as well as a cb!) and getting a player that did have the beating of someone and could get up and down the flank. Think what that would do for Anderson and his game, I think the reason we'd all have rather kept Diangana is the same reason we like Bowen, in that they'll put in defensive shift. Well howabout we alleviate that off Anderson's plate and just get a good lb. Having competent defenders behind Rice and Soucek will allow all our attacking talent to do what they do best without having to do so much of the covering back. Until Then we can only dream of having Anderson, Bowen, Antonio, Fornals and Yarma creating at the other end of the pitch.
#fuckqatar2022

Stevo1272

Post by Stevo1272 »

Look, you’re missing the point of my original post ,it’s not about who should play where, it’s about the attitude last night of the whole team, make no mistake Newcastle were as ordinary as us,...from the start the attitude was wrong, most of the players out there last night did not want to be out there, only one or two of them showed any fucking commitment, there is an undercurrent of bad feeling....Noble has not helped the situation at all.. A lot of people seem to think he’s the clubs guardian angel but he is not.
He’s made a complete fuck up by saying what he said, look at Jack Wiltshire’s reply to Nobles tweets,I agree with what he says about Dianga going to a club that appreciates him, but then again does Wiltshire give a fuck...no he don’t, he knows he’s on his way out he’s just fanning the flames and making things worse.
Moyes was biting his tongue in his after match interview last night,he was wanting to say more about that performance but knew if he did he was in the shit, as I said it’s not about who plays where at the moment, it’s about the attitude and commitment of our players...watch Souness and Hasselbanks after match comments again and digest what they said.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Absolute bollocks....what about all the shite games last season and the season before that and the sea......and on it goes
Every fucking game barring a few it looks like most of our players dont turn up, play like they couldnt give a monkeys, out for a stroll, indifferently etc etc....Nobles is part of the problem, age, slow etc but he is not "The" problem

Souness is talking total and utter bollocks trying to blame one player for yesterday....
Everything is wrong, playing payers out of position, tactics, owners...the whole fucking club is wrong

palerider

Post by palerider »

Any club has to have unity.

I agree that selling Diangana was stupid. And pissed off the players as he was popular. But Noble should have kept quiet and not aired the dirty laundry in public.

His performance last night was an embarrassment. Not only him true, but his clearly heartfelt commitment to the cause has got to him. And it's time for Moyes to act. At 34, and never being quick in any case, a big thank you and the promise of a testimonial when the fans return must be the only outcome.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

So if Noble hadn't gone public and kept his feelings in house the result would/ could have been different. Why?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:50 am So if Noble hadn't gone public and kept his feelings in house the result would/ could have been different. Why?
I'm not saying it would mate.

Moyes' negative tactics and team selection of playing one up front at home to a very beatable side wouldn't have been any different.

But the overall malaise and body language you could clearly see from the first whistle reeked of a team in total disharmony. And bear in mind these were the same players that fought for the badge so well at the end of last season after the restart.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Stevo1272 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:16 am Look, you’re missing the point of my original post ,it’s not about who should play where, it’s about the attitude last night of the whole team, make no mistake Newcastle were as ordinary as us,...from the start the attitude was wrong, most of the players out there last night did not want to be out there, only one or two of them showed any fucking commitment, there is an undercurrent of bad feeling....Noble has not helped the situation at all.. A lot of people seem to think he’s the clubs guardian angel but he is not.
He’s made a complete fuck up by saying what he said, look at Jack Wiltshire’s reply to Nobles tweets,I agree with what he says about Dianga going to a club that appreciates him, but then again does Wiltshire give a fuck...no he don’t, he knows he’s on his way out he’s just fanning the flames and making things worse.
Moyes was biting his tongue in his after match interview last night,he was wanting to say more about that performance but knew if he did he was in the shit, as I said it’s not about who plays where at the moment, it’s about the attitude and commitment of our players...watch Souness and Hasselbanks after match comments again and digest what they said.
In defence of Noble the fact he said what he said doesn't alter the fact that if there is a problem of morale within the club, and I'm in complete agreement with you that there is, that problem isn't going to go away just because it isn't made public knowledge.

The club is a complete shit show from top to bottom. If Rice has got any sense, or ambition, he'll get out before the window shuts, and I believe is the next Sunderland in waiting. The parallels, including the presence of Moyes oddly enough, are clear.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

palerider wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:00 am
tassiehammer wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:50 am So if Noble hadn't gone public and kept his feelings in house the result would/ could have been different. Why?
I'm not saying it would mate.

Moyes' negative tactics and team selection of playing one up front at home to a very beatable side wouldn't have been any different.

But the overall malaise and body language you could clearly see from the first whistle reeked of a team in total disharmony. And bear in mind these were the same players that fought for the badge so well at the end of last season after the restart.
Was'nt really aimed at your comment Pale. More at Stevo and Souness.
Dressing room gossip and internal arguments, apart from wage negotiations, aren't the best kept secrets. If the performance and the result were down to the feelings going public would it have made a difference if kept secret.? Don't think so. You can polish a turd but its still a turd when alls said and done.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:03 am
Stevo1272 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:16 am Look, you’re missing the point of my original post ,it’s not about who should play where, it’s about the attitude last night of the whole team, make no mistake Newcastle were as ordinary as us,...from the start the attitude was wrong, most of the players out there last night did not want to be out there, only one or two of them showed any fucking commitment, there is an undercurrent of bad feeling....Noble has not helped the situation at all.. A lot of people seem to think he’s the clubs guardian angel but he is not.
In defence of Noble the fact he said what he said doesn't alter the fact that if there is a problem of morale within the club, and I'm in complete agreement with you that there is, that problem isn't going to go away just because it isn't made public knowledge.

The club is a complete shit show from top to bottom. If Rice has got any sense, or ambition, he'll get out before the window shuts, and I believe is the next Sunderland in waiting. The parallels, including the presence of Moyes oddly enough, are clear.
Back to the playing side of things we should get as much for Rice from Chelsea as we can right now. It's the only hope of avoiding a repeat of last night every week. Assuming that the funds, together with the 30m we already allegedly have can be invested in some players who can at the very least run about and tackle a bit, which of course isn't a given as I'm sure the dwarf needs a new games room, then the season isn't lost yet.

But the first thing the little cunt should do is show the door to that negative bug-eyed tosser who prowls around the touch line.