Premier League tackles Black Lives Matter

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Premier League tackles Black Lives Matter

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:58 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:51 am

I know for a fact,that a lot of the players don`t like it.I have mentioned this before..As you said,they don`t want the repercussions from it.
Everyone has to do things they don't like at work.
So if you are asked to take the knee at work Monday,will you? :lol:

If you are asked to put your head down the toilet,you will do it? :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:33 am I was always taught that we learn from history.

Yes, we used to have slavery. We realise today slavery is wrong but it used to exist, Nothing will ever change that. Going through time there were lots of other outrageous things we used to do. We used to stuff kids up chimneys to clean them, women couldn't vote, back in the day you could be hung for stealing a sheep and until the early 80s it was still perfectly legal for teachers to use physical punishment on kids.

We move on. The rules change. Everyone knows racism, true racism, is abhorrent but movements like BLM have the effect of deflecting attention away from the real problems because of the emphasis they put on isolated, and often blown out of proportion, instances.
You can still be hung in Somerset for stealing a sheep. It's one of the old laws that have never been repealed like the death penalty for setting fire to one of Her Majesty's Dockyards, allowing your pet to mate with a pet of the royal household or it still being legal to kill a Welshman using a longbow.

Ps.

The dwarf is Welsh.
Last edited by palerider on Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

TBH if I'm in a team...and a lot of my team mates feel strong about something and are pretty unified...if it aint
directly threatening me my family or my livelihood.......I'll speak my mind to them,tell them how I feel,but in public
I'd support them...
So..............I'd take the Knee...

And I'm not one to bow down to pressure from outsiders..but team mates that's a different matter.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:51 pm TBH if I'm in a team...and a lot of my team mates feel strong about something and are pretty unified...if it aint
directly threatening me my family or my livelihood.......I'll speak my mind to them,tell them how I feel,but in public
I'd support them...
So..............I'd take the Knee...

And I'm not one to bow down to pressure from outsiders..but team mates that's a different matter.
MK , why on earth would you support your teammates if they felt strongly about something ? , from your comment I take it you did not agree with them , but in public you say you would . So you would take the knee .
Do you not think that is being hypocritical , surely the reason behind them taking the knee is to support BLM , which it appears do not even have a policy on racism and are some Marxist organisation . Now if they were taking the knee for All Lifes Matter then I could undersatnd it to a degree , but in my eyes BLM are just trying to stir up a melting pot of anarchy .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

In the meantime black on black murders are fucking soaring even kids are getting killed in the cross fire No fucking outrage there.
Fucking hypocritical cunts the lot of em.
This is a white hate movement.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Why does everyone think that by taking a knee that the players are supporting BLM movement, surely most are doing it to support the sentiment?

Personally wouldn’t do it as I don’t believe I need to make a gesture to show I am not racist, and don’t really care what people think.
If my work said we had to do it, I wouldn’t and I would like to see them try and sack me for it.

Just don’t understand why people get worked up about it.

@MK why do you think Moyes would do better with the money than Pelle? You do realise he spent 28m on Fellaini ? Ffs.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Towie wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:51 pm Why does everyone think that by taking a knee that the players are supporting BLM movement, surely most are doing it to support the sentiment?

Personally wouldn’t do it as I don’t believe I need to make a gesture to show I am not racist, and don’t really care what people think.
If my work said we had to do it, I wouldn’t and I would like to see them try and sack me for it.

@MK why do you think Moyes would do better with the money than Pelle? You do realise he spent 28m on Fellaini ? Ffs.
Towie wasn't taking the knee brought in at the same time as they all had to start wearing BLM badges on their shirts , and the fact many gave the Black Power salute at the same time .
And what exactly is supporting the sentiment ? This all began because a career criminal in america was shot by police wrongly or rightly if I am not mistaken . I would really like to understand what the sentiment is all about ? .

Towie

Post by Towie »

Clayton wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:03 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:51 pm Why does everyone think that by taking a knee that the players are supporting BLM movement, surely most are doing it to support the sentiment?

Towie wasn't taking the knee brought in at the same time as they all had to start wearing BLM badges on their shirts , and the fact many gave the Black Power salute at the same time .
And what exactly is supporting the sentiment ? This all began because a career criminal in america was shot by police wrongly or rightly if I am not mistaken . I would really like to understand what the sentiment is all about ?
The sentiment is black lives matter about the brutality on black people by police. Whether he a Career criminal or not he didn’t deserve to die in that way, so can understand the outrage.

As said personally think it a load of old rubbish, but don’t understand why people get upset because a player takes a knee for 8 seconds.
And also couldn’t give a flying fuck if a player gives black power salute it their personal view and they entitled to it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Towie wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:15 pm
Clayton wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:03 pm

And what exactly is supporting the sentiment ? This all began because a career criminal in america was shot by police wrongly or rightly if I am not mistaken . I would really like to understand what the sentiment is all about ?
The sentiment is black lives matter about the brutality on black people by police. Whether he a Career criminal or not he didn’t deserve to die in that way, so can understand the outrage.

As said personally think it a load of old rubbish, but don’t understand why people get upset because a player takes a knee for 8 seconds.
And also couldn’t give a flying fuck if a player gives black power salute it their personal view and they entitled to it.
You tell that to the poor pregnant woman that piece of shit held a gun to ,bet she didn’t shed a fucking tear.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:19 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:15 pm

You tell that to the poor pregnant woman that piece of shit held a gun to ,bet she didn’t shed a fucking tear.
Expect she didn’t, and expect a lot of others too.

Don’t make it right for him to die that way and the whole world seeing it,