Could Saturday be the most important game in our history?

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Could Saturday be the most important game in our history?

Post by terrya1965 »

This could be our most important game in our history.

If we get turned over easily and the players don`t seem to give a monkeys(excuse the pun ;) ),then that will set the agenda for the season.

If we play well and you can see the players want it,even if we didn`t get a result,then I think we will be ok this year.

If we do the former,this could easily end up being a Sunderland or Leeds for us.

Whiskyman

Re: Could Saturday be the most important game in our history?

Post by Whiskyman »

I have the same feeling for this season that I had the day the Kike was announced as our manager. I felt then that relegation was inevitable and since Noble's tweet, which suggests to me something inside the club is very wrong, followed by the lacklustre performance in Saturday's friendly, I am getting the same vibe.

There are a number of players who the club has made it clear they don't really want on the books, so they will hardly be pulling up trees. And don't give me the "in the shop window" mullarkey. They're all on top dollar here so why would they worry about trying to secure a move ? We have two first choice full backs who would struggle to g.et places in a mid table championship side. Our best player by a country mile is still, imo, likely to be off sooner rather than later, and for the icing on top of the cake if and when fans are allowed back into the stadium the atmosphere is likely to be so toxic it will be worth a couple of goals to the opposition.

My advice ? If you can still get 9-2 on West Ham for relegation, lump on it. I'm already beginning to wish I'd bet on that rather than taken the chance on Chelsea for the title. Doesn't seem right, although I know a season ticket holder, who I think still is one, who lumped a grand on us to go down the moment Grant came in the door and, if memory serves showed a nice £4.5k profit at the end of the season to soften the blow.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Purely from a footie angle...forgetting all the shit that seems to constantly surround us....thanks to Sugo and Her...

Think we have the makings of a decent side....even with no incoming..hoping the addition of Soucek along side Rice,
will maybe ease the FB situation,bit of added cover there....and we have always got goals in us.

I'm not overly worried bout dropping this year ..think we'll be clear..

Get your concerns tho...Confidence is key..it's an important game,but shouldn't be allowed to dictate the season,
it's one of 38...win lose or draw,you can't let pressure build after one game.....you lose ,how/why did you lose,work on it,
correct it...move on.
Down to us lot to moan and whine...Players/Manager Shouldn't.

This does not mean I'm happy with the crap that goes on....Losing Grady D seriously fucked me off...sums our owners
knowledge of the game up...the lack of commitment from them financially is a disgrace...it's all been covered on here,
and I agree...
But end of the day I like to be positive where you can,and always want us to win...whatever..

Weird ...post came up twice....I must be right.... :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:57 am I have the same feeling for this season that I had the day the Kike was announced as our manager. I felt then that relegation was inevitable and since Noble's tweet, which suggests to me something inside the club is very wrong, followed by the lacklustre performance in Saturday's friendly, I am getting the same vibe.

There are a number of players who the club has made it clear they don't really want on the books, so they will hardly be pulling up trees. And don't give me the "in the shop window" mullarkey. They're all on top dollar here so why would they worry about trying to secure a move ? We have two first choice full backs who would struggle to g.et places in a mid table championship side. Our best player by a country mile is still, imo, likely to be off sooner rather than later, and for the icing on top of the cake if and when fans are allowed back into the stadium the atmosphere is likely to be so toxic it will be worth a couple of goals to the opposition.

My advice ? If you can still get 9-2 on West Ham for relegation, lump on it. I'm already beginning to wish I'd bet on that rather than taken the chance on Chelsea for the title. Doesn't seem right, although I know a season ticket holder, who I think still is one, who lumped a grand on us to go down the moment Grant came in the door and, if memory serves showed a nice £4.5k profit at the end of the season to soften the blow.
Didn't KB sack Grant immediately after the match that confirmed relegation. Apparently she took him into a small stationery cupboard believing it was a conference room and they both emerged later,him out of breath and wheezy and her with very red cheeks. A professional to the end...

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:29 am This could be our most important game in our history.

If we get turned over easily and the players don`t seem to give a monkeys(excuse the pun ;) ),then that will set the agenda for the season.

If we play well and you can see the players want it,even if we didn`t get a result,then I think we will be ok this year.

If we do the former,this could easily end up being a Sunderland or Leeds for us.
Don't get silly now Tegger.
Most important game in history being first game of the season. Behave.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

:lol:
Fuck me there’s some drama queens on here.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:12 pm :lol:
Woof :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:29 am This could be our most important game in our history.

Not really mate.

Plenty of clubs start badly and get better or start well and cave......nothing really to see after one game. Same as we cant assume our form (which was top 6 after the lockdown ) will return.

I tend to agree with MK that we have the makings of a decent squad though I would still like to see a couple of fullbacks which is obviously our weakest position.

Have a better idea after 10 games......as for the most important in our history. Only the 1964 CWC final was that in my opinion as it was a first (and only European trophy).....nothing else comes close.

The year we left UP we started well by beating Arsenal but our first two games v Leicester and Bournemouth finished with us conceding half a dozen goals.....then were in line for CL and then had 3 games at the end of the season that fucked it all up (Swansea at home and Stoke away I seem to remember were really bad).

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

We can beat anyone on the day , but we can also loose typically to a non league side , it all depends on the energy , determination and endeavour of the players on the day .
As others have said we do have the makings of a decent side but we have a lot of shite as well , Bowen - Soucek - Rice - Fornals maybe Haller I rate highly .
We have no Fullbacks worth mentioning , our attacking Left Side is nonexistent , our record breaking striker lacks energy , determination and endeavour after a season without any service . We lack a decent ten in the formation Moyes insists on playing .
Antonio and Yarmalenko are players who can change a game in a instant yet can breakdown at anytime with a long term injury .
Last but not least Fabianski has looked very shaky since his injury and our backups are in no way shape or form any better .
So do I think Saturdays match the most important game in our history ? , no not at all , we are on a downward spiral out of control have been for years , especially since GSB bought the club .
Actually think it can be turned around with Moyes at the helm ( though I do not rate him ) he is a steady influence by all accounts and the players like him . But we need players definitley a Left Wing , a CB ( not Tarkowski ) a LB and a striker , and that is just for starters .

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:12 pm :lol:
I am not being a drama queen.

If the moral of a club is that low,that is how you get a Sunderland or a Leeds.

Since I wrote the statement,I have heard that the players are right behind Moyes,so that is a good sign.The owners are not in the players good books though.